Hereford United Football Manager 2011...tips and my fm.

TUN13Y

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I have had FM11 since February and I have been a small number of teams...
my best being with Southampton...currently in 2020 and getting 12th in the premier league.

Last night I started a new fm with my local team Hereford United, I thought it would be pretty boring but it's actually very good, especially if your the type of person who loves getting free transfers and managing a smaller team! getting 20k to spend and 20k p/w on wages...its not that bad for a league 2 side, not to mention that they are only predicted 18th and are currently without a manager when you start fm11!!!!!
With all this in mind I started with what looked to be a pretty decent side!

Hereford will probably get 18th or maybe better without strengthening the squad if you can manage a side very very well...but the team still needs a bit of TLC :p I got 5 free transfers for Hereford and all have done very well!

they are....

Izzy Iriekpen - a CB who does VERY well, and the fans get excited when you sign him.
Chris James - M/LCR, essential signing, does AMAZING for the team and really influential, can play LM which is a position hereford desperately need, a match winner!
Patrick Suffo - a ST who plays very well, hereford have 2 very good strikers, especially Stuart Fleetwood! BUT...having 3 very good strikers is important, he will perform well and get some goals too! a great player to have.
Hansey Aljofree - A good D/LC who can play quite well for the team, either first team or sub, rotation, but does very well. Another good player.
Silvio Spann - Another good CM who is useful to have on the bench or even first team as players in league 2 have poor fitness!!

Those were my free transfers and I have to say, I am very pleased with them, especially Iriekpen, suffo and chris james especially.

It certainly doesnt stop there though!

As you should know it is essential to get some loan players and make the most of that!
I have 3 players on loan for hereford, they are as follows...

Abdi Ibrahim...If you have played fm11 before and stayed with someone for a number of seasons...you will see that abdi turns out to be a great player, nothing changes for me in the first season, as he is a very very good centre mid, especially for someone in league 2! He has kept the team together and very good!

Robbie Brady...The recommended loan signing for Hereford as he is a natural LM..he has done very well for me and i have no complaints!

Ben Mee...a great LB and performs very well there, also plays CB, but a very good left back and again...no complaints whatsoever!!

after starting my Hereford United fm lastnight I have played 18, won 9, drew 5, lost 4...with 32 points currently in 6th!!

my team is..

GK - Dan Connor
RB - Ryan Green
CB - Izzy Iriekpen
CB - samba Kanoute
LB - Ben Mee
RM - Chris James
CM - Abdi Ibrahim
CM - Kenny Lunt
LM - Robbie Brady
ST - Stuart Fleetwood
ST - Guillem Bauza
SUBS...
GK - Adam Bartlett
CB - Hansey Aljofree
LM - Joe Colbeck
CM - Silvio Spann
ST - Patrick Suffo

There are a number of pretty pointless players in the squad...
if you havent got the patch, Mathieu Manset will be on the team, hes not very good and doesnt really get any better so I wouldnt even bother with him...
O'Neil Thompson is on loan and is back-up at a push...thats about it.
Dan stratford is a bad player and not any point in having him on the team!
same with Sam Malsom who is just taking up wages.
James McQulkin is okay but thats about it, wouldnt even use him with my free transfers and loans.

The team have very good players without any work done such as....
Dan Connor, Ryan Green, Samba Kanoute, Kenny Lunt, Joe Colbeck, Guillem Bauza, Stuart Fleetwood, Richard Rose, Ryan Valentine and Sam Gwynne.

I would strongly recommend the free transfers I got, there is another striker called Benedict Akwuegbu who you could of got instead of Patrick Suffo...both are great.

I'll keep up to date about what happens on my fm with Hereford...

But I would definitely give it a go with them..GOOD LUCK! :D :D :D

Cheers...
Ashley Tunley.