maxy67

Reaction score
<em>[video=youtube;pwx-K5UUnBQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwx-K5UUnBQ[/video]

[video=youtube;9fomWfeJKmI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fomWfeJKmI[/video]

THIS TACTIC IS BASED ON A MIXTURE OF SACCHI'S MILAN AND CAPPELO'S- HENCE THE DIAMOND AND THE HOLDING MID :)- AND THE VIDEO!

“Arrigo Saachi revolutionised football by introducing the pressing game, in so doing he oversaw the most successful era of Italian football in Europe. This was continued by his successor Fabio Capello when he moved on to the national team. The team contained the most impressive defence probably ever assembled, a hard-working midfield and flair players up front. The first team was raised to greatness by the trio of Dutchmen that had won the 1988 European Championships. By 1994 the team had changed in part, with other high profile signings replacing the original star players but with largely the same defensive foundation. They surpised critics by beating a brilliant Barcelona team 4-0 in the 1994 Final. Maldini would go on to play another 15 years at the club and become a Milan legend.”

Under Fabio Cappelo the same team went 50+ games unbeaten in Serie A.
The tactic is a diamond

Roles:

Central Defenders: Heading, Marking, Tackling, Composure, Concentration, Decisions, Determination, Positioning, Jumping, and Strength.
Aggression and Bravery for a Stopper duty
Anticipation, Acceleration and Pace for a Cover duty.

Wing Backs: Marking, Tackling, Decisions, Positioning, Team Work, Work Rate, Acceleration and Stamina. Crossing for a Support duty

Defensive Mid : Marking, Tackling, Concentration, Decisions, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate, Acceleration, Stamina and Strength. Off the Ball for a Support duty

Ball Winning Mid: Marking, Tackling, Aggression, Bravery, Determination, Positioning, Team Work, Work Rate, Stamina and Strength, Passing.

Box To Box Mid: Dribbling, Finishing, First Touch, Heading, Long Shots, Marking, Passing, Technique, Anticipation, Bravery, Decisions, Determination, Off The Ball, Positioning, Work Rate, Acceleration, Stamina and Strength
Advanced Playmaker: First Touch, Passing, Technique, Creativity, Decisions, Flair, Team Work. Dribbling, Anticipation and Off the Ball for an Attack duty

Target Man: First Touch, Heading, Aggression, Anticipation, Bravery, Determination, Team Work, Work Rate, Jumping and Strength. Finishing, Composure and Creativity for an Attack duty

Poacher: Dribbling, Finishing, First Touch, Anticipation, Composure, Off The Ball, Acceleration, Agility, Balance and Pace

The tactic is pretty aggressive, I seem to get a lot of red cards with it and injure a lot of the opposite side, so if you don’t like that maybe put the tackling more cautious.

View attachment 205389View attachment 205390View attachment 205391View attachment 205392View attachment 205440View attachment 205393View attachment 205394View attachment 205395View attachment 205396View attachment 206687View attachment 206688View attachment 206975View attachment 205398

As shown in the screenshots plenty of CCC's, 6 against Milan even though i didnt win, and a good defence.

Even works well with lower level teams in top league- Paris FC predicted 20th, semi pro when i started with them and won two cups and finished 9th

Last edited:
Please tell me, how the tactic is . I'll post a screenshot of the tactic tomorrow, and I'll do further testing with stoke, I reckon it will be great with them. Seems pretty good with the smaller teams which is always great :)

Last edited:
Erm the second Video is Capellos Milana nd they were very different actually, both tactically and personel. Glad I'm one of the few people that watched them it seems xD

Erm the second Video is Capellos Milana nd they were very different actually, both tactically and personel. Glad I'm one of the few people that watched them it seems xD

I know mate :) But- I thought I'd put it up anyway since they beat the dream team 4-0, and in the OP i do mention Cappelo's Milan ;)

This being a recreation of Sacchi's Milan, diamond isn't actually the way they played. Arrigo's team definitely played a flat(ish) 4-4-2. :p

PS. Just ignore this, if you're looking to create your own take on Sacchi's Milan, rather than strictly copying it. |)

This being a recreation of Sacchi's Milan, diamond isn't actually the way they played. Arrigo's team definitely played a flat(ish) 4-4-2. :p

PS. Just ignore this, if you're looking to create your own take on Sacchi's Milan, rather than strictly copying it. |)

To both of you- not strictly trying to copy it guys! :)- Just wanted to make a diamond- thought it'd work better.

Last edited:
In the beginning it started out bad but after a few games the results is very good :D Match preparation? Pitch Size?

In the beginning it started out bad but after a few games the results is very good :D Match preparation? Pitch Size?

As to be expected with any new tactic i guess :) I use no opp instructions so its plug and play. And you decide on the pitch size- maybe somewhere in the middle? Glad its working for you after a while man!

As to be expected with any new tactic i guess :) I use no opp instructions so its plug and play. And you decide on the pitch size- maybe somewhere in the middle? Glad its working for you after a while man!

Yeah my thought exactly :) Thanx for the info Man :D
How would your starting eleven look like if you played like AC Milan ? just so i know i done something right xD

Yeah my thought exactly :) Thanx for the info Man :D
How would your starting eleven look like if you played like AC Milan ? just so i know i done something right xD

Hmm... Thats a good question since I've never played as AC Milan but i'll give it a go- I think Pato is probbably my faviroute poacher in FM, so i'd put him there. Ibra as a target man- unless his work rate and team work is awful? Cassano or seadorf in the adv PM position? Van Bommel in def mid maybe? Can't think of the rest of their midfield... I don't know where I'd put robinho, prob on the bench. Sorry mate if you'd said Juventus I would be able to help you more.

Hmm... Thats a good question since I've never played as AC Milan but i'll give it a go- I think Pato is probbably my faviroute poacher in FM, so i'd put him there. Ibra as a target man- unless his work rate and team work is awful? Cassano or seadorf in the adv PM position? Van Bommel in def mid maybe? Can't think of the rest of their midfield... I don't know where I'd put robinho, prob on the bench. Sorry mate if you'd said Juventus I would be able to help you more.

Thats alright man :D This is how my starting eleven looks like. I sold all the old guys. Does it fit with your positions ? Zlatan has poor work rate and team work but he does seem to score sometimes :D

Abbiati
Abate Silva Nesta Taiwo

Yann Mvila

Boateng Flamini

Ganso
Ibra Pato

Last edited:
Thats alright man :D This is how my starting eleven looks like. I sold all the old guys. Does it fit with your positions ? Zlatan has poor work rate and team work but he does seem to score sometimes :D

Abbiati
Abate Silva Nesta Taiwo

Yann Mvila

Boateng Flamini

Ganso
Ibra Pato

That looks brilliant mate :) As long as its working for you! Got any screenshots of your best results?