A Light In The North - Aberdeen FC

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
product.jpg

FIT LIKE??

Right, here we go - after a few false starts thanks to me ******* up the database and then starting a new save before some key change happens (I literally loaded up a new save tonight and within 30min Aberdeen announced a new signing in Greg Leigh so I had to restart lol) I am now fully prepared to have my last FM19 save. Hopefully it will all go well and maybe distract me from the real world and whats happening to my beloved Newcastle United.

Anywho my aim is to make Aberdeen the dominant force in Scotland again and also win another European trophy. Also I want to manage the national team when the opportunity arises.

As for me and Aberdeen I live in Inverurie which is about 20 miles away and have had 2 season tickets (1 season we finished 2nd bottom, the other we finished bottom but didn't get relegated lol). As you know I am a fanatical Newcastle fan but Aberdeen hold a place in my heart too!

One thing I didn't want to tamper with in the editor was the new stadium that Aberdeen will be moving too. Didn't want to **** that up so will let the game decide when that is needed.

Please follow and comment!!!

--

Pittodrie-04-1024x638.jpg

THE CLUB

Founded - 1903
Nickname - The Dons
Stadium - Pittodrie Stadium
Capacity - 20,866

--

Willie%20Miller

HONOURS

Scottish League Winners (4)
- 1954-55, 1979-80, 1983-84, 1984-85

Scottish Cup Winners (7)
- 1946-47, 1969-70, 1981-82, 1982-83, 1983-84, 1985-86, 1989-90

League Cup Winners (6) - 1955-56, 1976-77, 1985-86, 1989-90, 1995-96, 2013-14

UEFA Cup Winners Cup (1)
- 1982-83

UEFA Super Cup (1)

Love a good Scottish save, unless it's with Rangers. Will definitely be following

training-3.jpg

PRE-SEASON (Part One)

Most of the pre-season will hopefully include European matches so this is the first two weeks of pre-season up to our first European match in early July.

I naturally had to overhaul the backroom team although I didn't have to let too many go I just had to get more bodies in. My main problem was to get two AMCs in as the squad had none apart from a few youngsters that aren't ready to make the step up yet.

So it was into the free and loan market I went and here is who I have signed - I haven't sold anyone.

--

PLAYERS IN

I have only managed to bring in one AMC so far and that is
Kasey Palmer on loan from Chelsea for a fee of £180,000. Palmer should excel in the Premier League and hopefully he will stay fit as at the moment I don't have a replacement!!!!
attachment.php

I needed another right back so brought
Jack Grimmer back to the club on a free transfer from Coventry City. He will be backup to Shay Logan and should do a fine job for me.
attachment.php

Other than that I signed 2 youngsters on free transfers -
Jai Quitongo (another old Aberdeen player) and Matthew Knox - both to help the reserve sides.
attachment.php
attachment.php

SNS-18272897-St-Mirren-v-Aberdeen-547x372.jpg

JULY

UEFA Europa League Best Placed 1st Qualifying Round 1st Leg
v
FK Rudar 0
Aberdeen 7 (Bryson 12, Palmer 20, Cosgrove 30, 43, 55pen, McLennan 34, Campbell 88)

Lineup
- Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson, Bryson, McLennan, Palmer (Campbell), McGinn (Wright), Cosgrove*

7 goals is not a bad way to start out a career. Craig Bryson and Kasey Palmer got goals on their debuts while Sam Cosgrove got a hat-trick. I have high hopes for McLennan and Campbell so I was happy to see them getting on the scoresheet too. Rudar had a man sent-off late in the 1st half which helped.

--

UEFA Europa League Best Placed 1st Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
v
Aberdeen 6 (F.Ross 7, Logan 15, Bryson 17, Cosgrove 20, 37, Leigh 34)
FK Rudar 1 (Djurovic 62)
(Agg: 13-1)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Campbell, Bryson, McLennan (Wright), F.Ross (Gleeson), McGinn, Cosgrove*

Just the 6 goals for us in the 2nd leg but more annoyingly we conceded a goal. Youngster Frank Ross (one of 3 Ross's in the squad along with Ethan and Seb) got us off to flyer with a stunning long range strike. Both of my full backs scored which is unusual.

--

UEFA Europa League Best Placed 2nd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
v
Aberdeen 5 (Cosgrove 7pen, 37pen, McGinn 39, Ferguson 47, Palmer 51)
FK Qabala 1 (Joseph-Monrose 62)

Lineup
- Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh (Considine), Ferguson*, Bryson (Campbell), McLennan (Wright), Palmer, McGinn, Cosgrove

Sammy Cosgrove - Ballon d'Or!!!! Another 2 goals for big Sam as he converted 2 penalties. Lewis Ferguson, who along with McKenna, McLennan and Campbell I am hoping to build my team around for years to come, got his first goal for us from the edge of the area as we easily defeated a side that reached the group stages in real life last season.

--

SUMMARY

3 games, 3 wins and 18 goals scored - not a bad start lol. My side have certainly started well with Cosgrove banging in the goals as well as Palmer and Bryson while my youngsters McLennan, Campbell, F.Ross and Ferguson also contributed which is nice - even my full backs were getting in on the act!

Next month will be far busier as we have 4 domestic games including a cup match against Alloa and we will also have European games and the end of the transfer market.

Speaking of the transfer market I managed to bring in another player in the shape of a former youth player at Aberdeen -
Paul Coutts. Released by Sheffield United, Coutts will be my 3rd choice CM ahead of Campbell and Gleeson and at £3.6m despite his 30 years he has a decent resale value.
attachment.php

Finally in other Scottish news Alex McLeish is the new St.Mirren manager and Kilmarnock thrashed AZ Alkmaar 4-1 in their 1st leg match in Europe which is an astounding result.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SAM COSGROVE
attachment.php

4788f8a054cfb37a934e311af6f7d62d.jpg

AUGUST

UEFA Europa League Best Placed 2nd Round 2nd Leg
93628.png
v
50122.png

FK Qabala 1 (Babazada 52)
Aberdeen 2 (McLennan 59, Main 88)
(Agg: 2-7)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Considine, Ferguson (Gleeson), Bryson (Campbell), McLennan*, F.Ross, McGinn, Cosgrove (Main)

Not as convincing as the 1st leg but we got the job done. Curtis Main (who I cant believe we have signed in real life) got the winner near the end on his debut after coming off the bench.

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 3 (McGinn 3, 21, Devlin 55)
Livingston 1 (Menga 33)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson (Gleeson), Bryson (Campbell), McLennan, Palmer, McGinn*, Cosgrove (Main)

A fine way to start the domestic campaign. Niall McGinn missed a penalty to deny him his hat-trick unfortunately.

--

UEFA Europa League Best Placed 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
v
50122.png

Jagiellonia 0
Aberdeen 1 (Ferguson 44)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Taylor, Considine, Ferguson*, Bryson (Campbell), McLennan (Wright), Palmer, McGinn, Cosgrove (Main)

This was an incredibly tough match and I am delighted that we got the win thanks to Lewis Ferguson's strike from outside of the box.

--

v
50122.png

Ross County 0
Aberdeen 2 (F.Ross 59, Cosgrove 68pen)

Lineup
- Lewis, Logan, McKenna*, Taylor, Leigh, Ferguson (Campbell), Bryson (Gleeson), McLennan, F.Ross, McGinn, Cosgrove

This could have been much more comfortable as we had two goals disallowed in the first half from McGinn and McLennan.

--

UEFA Europa League Best Placed 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
50122.png
v
Aberdeen 3 (McLennan 43, Cosgrove 50, Bryson 68)
Jagiellonia 1 (Novikovas 65)
(Agg: 4-1)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan (Grimmer), Taylor, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson (Campbell), Bryson*, McLennan, Palmer, McGinn, Cosgrove

We are one step closer to the group stages now with this victory. We were never really in trouble tbh, even when former Hearts player Novikovas scored.

--

Betfred Cup 2nd Round
v
50122.png

Alloa Athletic 0
Aberdeen 1 (Gleeson 5)

Lineup - Lewis, Grimmer (Gallagher), Taylor, McIntyre, Considine, Gleeson*, Campbell (S.Ross), Quitongo, F.Ross, Wright, Main (May)

I took a risk and played my backups here and they got the job done.

--

UEFA Europa League Best Placed 4th Qualifying Round 1st Leg
v
50122.png

Banik Ostrava 1 (Kostal 22)
Aberdeen 3 (Palmer 54, Ferguson 73, McGinn 85)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson, Bryson, McLennan (Gallagher), Palmer* (Campbell), McGinn, Cosgrove (May)

We have 1 foot in the group stages with this win. The first half didn't go according to plan as we fell behind and Cosgrove missed a penalty but once Palmer equalised with a free-kick we dominated and deservedly won.

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 3 (McGinn 25, 27, 48pen)
St. Mirren 1 (Cooke 15)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh (Considine), Ferguson, Bryson, Quitongo, F.Ross, McGinn*, Cosgrove (May)

Yet again we fall behind and win 3-1 thanks to a superb Niall McGinn hat-trick. Unlike the 1st game of the season he converted the penalty for his 3rd goal.

--

UEFA Europa League Best Placed 4th Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
50122.png
v
Aberdeen 3 (Lastuvka 8og, Cosgrove 40pen, 45)
Banik Ostrava 2 (Baros 69, 83)
(Agg: 6-3)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh (Considine), Ferguson, Bryson (Gleeson), McGinn, F.Ross, Wright (Gallagher), Cosgrove

We reach the group stages but it came at a cost as Greg Leigh got injured and is out for a wee while. Veteran striker Milan Baros netted twice for them.

--

SUMMARY

Well its safe to say that this was a crazy month. 9 games, all won, be it in league, cup or Europe plus transfer news, and cup draws etc. On the field we were excellent and after 3 games in the league we are top of the table alongside Hibs and Celtic who also have won all 3 games.

In the Betfred Cup we have an excellent chance of winning it as both Celtic and Rangers have been eliminated which opens the draw out perfectly and we will play Inverness CT in the quarter-finals.

As for the Europa League we navigated our way past Qabala, Jagiellonia and Banik Ostrava this month to reach the group stages where we have been drawn alongside Feyenoord, Austria Vienna and Ludogorets so it gives us a good chance of progressing.
50122.png

Regarding transfers I brought in 2 loan players.
Tom McIntyre came in from Reading to bolster my defensive options while 16y/o Finn Ecrepont came in from Ayr United so we can have a good look at him.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Then on deadline day I finally found another AMC in the shape of
Armin Djerlek who came in from Partizan Belgrade for £500,000. I really needed someone to compete with Palmer although surprisingly Frank Ross has been excellent so far.
attachment.php

So far everything has been near perfect!!!!

If you are interested here are the transfers so far in the SPL - hardly any for money!
attachment.php

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NIALL MCGINN

attachment.php

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
attachment.php

Last edited:
aberdeen-willie-miller.jpg

Willie Miller
1972-91
Defender
797 apps, 32 goals

Manager - 1992-95

Miller is Aberdeen's greatest ever player and was the focal point of the super successful side of the early 1980s. A one club man, he captained the club and went on to manage Aberdeen in the early 90s. He won 12 major trophies with the club and also won 65 caps for Scotland, scoring 1 goal.

SEPTEMBER

v
50122.png

Heart of Midlothian 1 (Lee 2)
Aberdeen 1 (Palmer 43)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan (Grimmer), McKenna, Devlin, Considine, Ferguson, Bryson, McGinn, Palmer*, Wright (Hedges), Cosgrove (May)

This match is the first one that we haven't won and I cant have too many complaints as although we had far more shots on goal and possession we didn't create too many clear cut chances. Ryan Hedges made his debut here.

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 2 (McGinn 38, 55)
Celtic 1 (Griffiths 45pen)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna (McIntyre), Devlin, Considine, Coutts, Bryson, McLennan, Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn*, May (Main)

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

What a win and what a performance from my team. We battered Celtic and had 27 shots on goal such was our dominance. Both of our goals came when Shay Logan crossed for McGinn to finish at the back post. Coutts and Djerlek made their debuts here.

--

UEFA Europa League Group F
v
50122.png

Ludogorets 1 (Sasha 90)
Aberdeen 2 (Ferguson 20, Palmer 43)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, Taylor, Devlin, Considine, Ferguson, Bryson, McLennan (Hedges), Palmer*, McGinn, Cosgrove (May)

We get the group stage off with a good win away in Bulgaria. Ferguson finished brilliantly before Palmer fired in a free-kick for us.

--

v
50122.png

Motherwell 2 (Miller 45, Johnson 90)
Aberdeen 4 (Hedges 22, Considine 55, May 66, 86)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, Taylor, Devlin (McIntyre), Considine, Coutts, Bryson, McLennan (Wright), Palmer, Hedges, Cosgrove (May*)

Very nice. Ryan Hedges put us in front with his first goal for us but then Devlin ****** up a pass back to allow Kenny Miller to equalise. The game changed when Considine crossed the ball and it found the net and after that we dominated and Stevie May came off the bench to score twice.

--

Betfred Cup Quarter-Final
50122.png
v
Aberdeen 1 (Hedges 4)
Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0

Lineup - Lewis, Grimmer, Taylor, McIntyre, Considine, Coutts, Campbell (Gleeson), Hedges*, Djerlek, Wright, May (Main)

Like the last round I trusted my backups and just like last time it was an early goal that won it for us.

--

v
50122.png

Hamilton Academical 0
Aberdeen 1 (McGinn 79)

Lineup
- Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, McIntyre, Ferguson (Gleeson), Bryson (Djerlek), McLennan, Palmer, McGinn*, Cosgrove (May)

Hamilton are without a win this season but they proved to be troublesome opponents here.

--

SUMMARY

September ends and we are still in fine fettle. We are top of the league by a point and key to that was the excellent 2-1 victory over Celtic at Pittodrie. I had to chop and change my side quite a bit this month so I am delighted to still be unbeaten.

In the Betfred Cup we will play Motherwell in the semi-finals.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NIALL MCGINN
attachment.php

--

LADBROKES PREMIERSHIP
attachment.php

Kilmarnock, Celtic and Rangers are also in the Europa League group stages
Hearts and Kilmarnock draw 4-4

020881-friendly-tournament-final-aberdeen-v-southampton-5-1-pittodrie-BJKN2K.jpg

Alex McLeish
1977-94
Defender
692 apps, 30 goals

The other half of the famous Miller/McLeish partnership for both club and country. McLeish scored 2 of the clubs most important goals with his stunner against Rangers in a Scottish Cup final and his infamous goal against Bayern Munich on the road to the Cup Winners Cup. He won 12 trophies while at Aberdeen and also earned 77 caps for Scotland

--

OCTOBER

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 3 (Ferguson 42, Wright 85, McLennan 89)
FK Austria Vienna 1 (Friesenbichler 90)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna (Taylor), Devlin, Considine, Ferguson, Bryson, McLennan*, Palmer, Hedges (Wright), Cosgrove (May)

We get our 2nd win of the group stages here in a game where there were 3 goals in a crazy final 5min. McLennan and Ferguson have 9 goals this season between them - all in the Europa League.
--

v
50122.png

Kilmarnock 1 (Barnes 84)
Aberdeen 1 (Bryson 59)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan (Grimmer), Taylor, McIntyre, Leigh, Coutts (Campbell), Bryson*, Hedges, Djerlek, McGinn (Wright), Cosgrove

This was an entertaining match with plenty shots on goal. As it was we conceded late on to drop 2pts when Giles Barnes levelled. Cosgrove had an early goal disallowed for us.

Elsewhere Hibs beat Celtic 3-1 at home while Hearts beat Rangers 3-1 away.

--

Betfred Cup Semi-Final
50122.png
v
Aberdeen 5 (McGinn 5, Cosgrove 31, Ferguson 71, 90, Coutts 83)
Motherwell 1 (Long 74)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson*, Bryson (Coutts), McLennan, Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn, Cosgrove

Magnificent. We were superb here and took Motherwell to the cleaners. Ferguson was immense with 2 goals while McLennan terrorised their defence and got 2 assists.

Before the match we received news that Gleeson picked up a serious injury which will keep him out for 9-10 months so his season is over.

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 3 (Bryson 56, Palmer 58, McLennan 90)
Feyenoord 1 (Jorgensen 3)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson, Bryson, McLennan, Palmer, McGinn (Hedges), Cosgrove (May)

STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE WE ARE THE FAMOUS ABERDEEN!!!!!!

What a win. The first 3min were crazy as firstly they had Jesus Gamez sent-off but immediately took the lead through Jorgensen. We then pummelled Feyenoord for the rest of the match and got 2 quick fire goals in the 2nd half to set up the win. We had 35 shots on goal!!!!

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 2 (Cosgrove 28, Campbell 90)
St. Johnstone 0

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh (Considine), Coutts, Bryson (Campbell*), McLennan, Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn, Cosgrove

Another match where we have over 30 shots on goal. McGinn had a goal disallowed.

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 1 (McGinn 48)
Hibernian 0

Lineup
- Lewis, Logan, Considine, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson, Bryson (Campbell), McLennan (Hedges), Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn*, Cosgrove

We extend our lead at the top of the table with this win. McGinn got the goal and even though Cosgrove missed a penalty we won. We had 21 shots to their 2.

--

SUMMARY

Another excellent month and somehow we are still unbeaten! In the league we are 7pts clear already even though we dropped points against Kilmarnock and we are looking really strong.

In the Betfred Cup we thrashed Motherwell 5-1 and will face Hibs in the final.

As for Europe we were fantastic as we defeated Austria Vienna before putting on a real show against Feyenoord and we have 1 foot in the knockout stages. 3 wins from 3 has given us over £1.5m so far which helps.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LEWIS FERGUSON
attachment.php

--

LADBROKES PREMIERSHIP
attachment.php

The first Old Firm game of the season ends 1-1

944796.jpg

Bobby Clark
1965-80
Goalkeeper
594 apps

Clark was a great keeper and even played up front in one match for Aberdeen. He set a British record of 1,155 minutes without conceding a goal (briefly a world record) that was held until Edwin Van Der Sar did more. He played 17 times for Scotland.

--

NOVEMBER

v
50122.png

Rangers 3 (Ojo 16, Defoe 45, Tavernier 82pen)
Aberdeen 3 (McLennan 31, 59, 78)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Considine, Coutts, Bryson, McLennan*, Palmer (Djerlek), Hedges (Wright), Cosgrove (May)

Connor McLennan is only worth £37,500 but he showed how good he is here as he scored a fantastic hat-trick to earn us a point against the great unwashed. I am just ****** off that we conceded an equaliser.

--

v
50122.png

Feyenoord 0
Aberdeen 1 (Cosgrove 37)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin*, Leigh (Considine), Ferguson, Bryson (Coutts), McLennan, Palmer, McGinn, Cosgrove

Now things are getting ridiculous as we somehow win against Feyenoord in Rotterdam. Cosgrove got the only goal of the game and somehow we managed to hold on to the result which sees us qualify for the knockout stages.

--

v
50122.png

Livingston 0
Aberdeen 2 (Hedges 33, May 73)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, Taylor, Devlin, Considine, Coutts, Bryson (Campbell), Hedges*, Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn, Cosgrove (May)

Another win in the league and this time we outshot our opponents 34 to 3. McGinn had yet another goal disallowed.

--

v
50122.png

St. Mirren 0
Aberdeen 2 (Coutts 20, Palmer 37)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Considine, Coutts, Bryson, McLennan (Hedges), Palmer*, McGinn, Cosgrove (May)

We have now gone 28 games unbeaten since the season started - pretty incredible!

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 3 (Djerlek 30, Gallagher 87, Main 89)
Ludogorets 1 (Wanderson 77)

Lineup
- Lewis, Grimmer, Taylor, McIntyre, Considine, Coutts, Campbell, Hedges (F.Ross), Djerlek*, Wright (Gallagher), May (Main)

With the Betfred Cup final just days away and with us having already qualified I took the opportunity to play my backups here. We won thanks to 2 late goals but it should have been even more comfortable as they played most of the match with 10 men.

With Djerlek and Gallagher scoring I think it just leaves McKenna, Grimmer and McIntyre who has yet to score this season!

--

SUMMARY

As each month passes the achievements keep getting greater as we end this month 8pts clear at the top of the table, in the Betfred Cup final and have won all 5 of our Europa League group games. To be unbeaten since the start of the season is incredible but surely a defeat or two is just around the corner - just as long as it isn't in the cup final!!!

In the Scottish Cup we have been drawn against Kelty Hearts who are a non-league side so I am looking forward to that.

I signed a new contract with the club while Lewis Ferguson won his first cap for Scotland during the international break.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CONNOR MCLENNAN

attachment.php

--

LADBROKES PREMIERSHIP
attachment.php

Livingston sack Garry Holt
Hearts thump Celtic 4-0

stewart-mckimmie-aberdeen-fc-13-september-1993-hn61yn.jpg

Stewart McKimmie
1983-97
Defender
561 apps, 9 goals

McKimmie was signed from Dundee for £90,000 and scored the goal that won Aberdeen the title in 1984. He won 9 trophies while at Aberdeen and also earned 40 caps for Scotland, scoring once - the winner against Argentina.

--

DECEMBER

Betfred Cup Final
v
50122.png

Hibernian 0
Aberdeen 4 (Cosgrove 5, 49pen, 85, McLennan 34)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Considine, Leigh (Taylor), Ferguson (Campbell), Bryson, McLennan, Palmer, McGinn (Djerlek), Cosgrove*

WE WIN THE BETFRED CUP!!!

We thumped Hibs here. We got off to a perfect start when Cosgrove scored early on and when McLennan added the 2nd it was pretty much game over. Cosgrove completed his hat-trick in the 2nd half to take him up to 17 for the season despite only having 2 league goals lol.

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 4 (McLennan 2, Palmer 35, 76, Cosgrove 44)
Heart of Midlothian 0

Lineup
- Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson, Bryson (Coutts), McLennan, Palmer*, McGinn (Hedges), Cosgrove

Another convincing victory - this time against a Hearts side that have got results against the Old Firm so I am very happy. This was the starting XI on the opening league game of the season and only the 2nd time they have all started in the same game since then such has been the squad rotation that has been happening.

--

v
50122.png

Celtic 2 (Bayo 28, Brown 50)
Aberdeen 1 (McLennan 69)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Coutts, Bryson, McLennan, Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn (Hedges), Cosgrove (May)

It was bound to come at some point but this is still tough to take as we outshot them 20 to 11. Disappointing as Celtic move within 2pts of us but we will move on.

--

v
50122.png

FK Austria Vienna 1 (Friesenbichler 41)
Aberdeen 2 (Campbell 24, May 35)

Lineup
- Cerny, Grimmer, Taylor, McIntyre, Considine, Coutts, Campbell, Hedges (F.Ross), Djerlek, Wright, May

Out came the backups again with Tomas Cerny getting his first appearance in goal as Joe Lewis is injured. We won to make it 6 out of 6 and that has earned us just over £3m in prize money. We also get just over £1m for winning the group and for something else lol.

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 4 (Cosgrove 20, Palmer 48, 65, Cadden 88og)
Motherwell 0

Lineup - Cerny, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh (Considine), Ferguson, Bryson (Campbell), McLennan (Hedges), Palmer*, McGinn, Cosgrove

It was important to bounce back with a win in the league and we did so in fine style here. Kasey Palmer has been immense for us and ran the show here.

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 1 (Bryson 5)
Hamilton Academical 1 (Leigh 88og)

Lineup - Cerny, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson, Bryson (Campbell), McLennan, Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn, Cosgrove (May)

******* HORRIBLE!!!!

We had 36 shots to their 2, we missed a penalty, we had chance after chance yet were made to pay when Greg Leigh headed into his own net from 18 yards late on. Bryson picked up an injury and is out for about a month.

--

v
50122.png

St. Johnstone 2 (Kennedy 14, Hardie 52)
Aberdeen 1 (Wright 73)

Lineup - Cerny, Logan, Considine, Devlin, Leigh, Campbell (S.Ross), Coutts, Hedges (Djerlek), Palmer (F.Ross), Wright, Cosgrove

Now I am getting worried as despite having plenty of shots (26) we never looked like winning this game. My only excuse is that with the games coming every couple of days just now I was missing 6 starters.

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 3 (Palmer 21, Cosgrove 48, McLennan 56)
Kilmarnock 1 (Brophy 13)

Lineup - Cerny, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh (Considine), Ferguson (Campbell), Coutts, McLennan, Palmer, McGinn (Hedges), Cosgrove*

When we fell behind thanks to another defensive mix up I was fearing the worst but I needn't have worried as we turned things around. Palmer fired in another free-kick.

--

v
50122.png

Hibernian 3 (Horgan 1, Kamberi 61, Mehmeti 81)
Aberdeen 2 (Gray 10og, Main 67)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson, Coutts, McLennan (E.Ross), Djerlek, McGinn (Hedges), May (Main)

Hibs gained revenge for the cup final here as once again we were sloppy in defence - even though we welcomed back Joe Lewis in goal. We had plenty of efforts on goal and missed a host of chances but Hibs were more clinical.

--

SUMMARY

A difficult month to read this. We won the Betfred Cup which I am obviously delighted with and marched on in Europe but we have began to suffer a loss of form in the league which is very worrying. Having said that we end the calendar year on top with Celtic with a game in hand so I cant complain too much.

The Betfred Cup final was brilliant as we thumped Hibs 4-0 thanks to a Sammy Cosgrove hat-trick. Hopefully it will be the first of many trophies.

In the Europa League Celtic and Rangers also made it through the group stages and have drawn Man Utd and Kobenhavn respectively. As for ourselves we have been paired with Sevilla so I think that will be as far as we will go in that cup!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SAM COSGROVE
attachment.php

--

LADBROKES PREMIERSHIP
attachment.php

Dundee appoint Martin Canning as manager
Rangers and Celtic draw 1-1

Last edited:
CoFdqHfWIAEGkxA.jpg

Jim Leighton
1978-88 & 1997-2000
Goalkeeper
535 apps

Leighton was the keeper during the successful spell in the 1980s before he moved to Manchester United with Alex Ferguson for £500,000. He returned to Aberdeen in 1997 at the age of 38 and went on to play another couple of seasons with the club. He won 9 trophies with Aberdeen and also earned 91 caps for Scotland to become the countries 2nd most capped player.

--

JANUARY

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 2 (McLennan 28, 51pen)
Rangers 1 (Jack 27)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan (Grimmer), Taylor, McIntyre, Considine, Campbell, Palmer, McLennan*, Djerlek (E.Ross), McGinn, May (Main)

WHAT A WIN!!!!

I am delighted. To beat our greatest rivals with a severely under strength side is a great achievement. Judas Ryan Jack put them in front as they dominated the early stages but McLennan levelled immediately and then he put us in front from the penalty spot. We missed some great chances to make it even more convincing but never mind.

--

Scottish Cup 4th Round
50122.png
v

Aberdeen 6 (Wright 5, 46, 76pen, Djerlek 9, F.Ross 42, May 45)
Kelty Hearts 0

Lineup - Lewis, Grimmer, Taylor, McIntyre, Considine, F.Ross, Coutts (S.Ross), Quitongo (E.Ross), Djerlek, Wright*, May

Out came the backups and in went the goals as the non league side were hit for 6. Scott Wright was the star man as he scored a hat-trick and assisted 2 more.

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 3 (McGinn 20, 78, McKenna 72)
Livingston 1 (Dykes 22)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson, Bryson (Coutts), McLennan (Wright), Palmer, McGinn*, Cosgrove (May)

The games turning point here was midway through the 2nd half when they had Sibbald sent-off. McKenna became our 21st different player to score for us this season.

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 3 (McGinn 8, May 28, Ferguson 46)
St. Mirren 1 (S.McGinn 16)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh (Considine), Ferguson, Bryson, McLennan (Wright), Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn*, May

There were 3 McGinn's on the pitch and two of them scored but the most notable event was the fact that Lewis Ferguson got his first league goal of the season.

--

v
50122.png

Ross County 0
Aberdeen 2 (May 5, Coutts 77)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Considine, Coutts*, Bryson (Campbell), McLennan (Hedges), Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn, May

For the first time this season we win 4 games in a row in the league.

--

SUMMARY

A perfect month as we won every match with the highlight being when my under strength side defeated Rangers 2-1 at Pittodrie thanks to a Connor McLennan double. We have now opened up a 5pt gap at the top of the table and have a superior goal difference so we are looking really good.

In the cup we thrashed Kelty Hearts and will play Morton in the next round.

Regarding transfers there were no incoming players but I did sell Curtis Main to Sunderland for an initial £85,000 and Danny Rogers to Dundalk for £44,500. I also rejected an £8.25m bid from an American club for Joe Lewis.

With Main going I was tempted to bring in Andy Carroll on a free but instead decided to recall Bruce Anderson from his loan spell.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NIALL MCGINN

attachment.php

--

LADBROKES PREMIERSHIP
attachment.php

Chris Long scores 4 as Motherwell beat Hibs 5-4
Hibs sign Chris Kerr from St. Johnstone for £550k (one of my targets)

January transfers...…
attachment.php

skysports-andrew-considine_4308845.jpg

Andrew Considine
2003-present
Defender
479 apps, 33 goals

Considine, who's father also played for Aberdeen, is a one club man who is still at the club (both in game and out lol). He won the League Cup in 2013 and once even scored a hat-trick as Aberdeen thrashed Dundee.

--

JANUARY

v
50122.png

Heart of Midlothian 6 (MacLean 11, Haring 28, Clare 56, Ikpeazu 67, 84, 90+4)
Aberdeen 4 (Palmer 9, Bryson 16, McGinn 77, Anderson 90)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna (Taylor), Devlin, Considine, Ferguson (Coutts), Bryson, McLennan, Palmer, McGinn, May (Anderson)

A bad day at the office where very few players performed anywhere near the acceptable standard. At least we haven't had many of these days. It was nice to see Bruce Anderson coming off the bench to score though.

Fortunately Celtic lost 1-0 to Motherwell.

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 1 (Ferguson 78)
Celtic 0

Lineup - Lewis, Logan*, McKenna, Devlin, Considine, Ferguson, Bryson, McLennan (Hedges), Palmer (Djerlek), Wright, Cosgrove (May)

GET IN!!!!

We go 8pts clear as Lewis Ferguson's goal gives us all 3pts. It wasn't until after the match that I realised that they had Marcel Schmelzer sent-off after 16min lol.

--

Scottish Cup 5th Round
v
50122.png

Morton 0
Aberdeen 1 (Taylor 29)

Lineup
- Lewis, Grimmer, Taylor*, McIntyre, Considine, Campbell, Coutts, Hedges (Quitongo), F.Ross (E.Ross), Wright, May

Ash Taylor becomes the latest player to score for us this season - I am running out of room on my sheet of paper that tracks these things lol.

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 1st Leg
v
50122.png

Sevilla 1 (Welbeck 45)
Aberdeen 2 (McGinn 5, 23)

Lineup
- Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Considine, Ferguson, Bryson (Coutts), McLennan, Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn*, Cosgrove (May)

UNBELIEVABLE JEFF!!!

Never did I imagine going into this game that we would go away to Sevilla and win but that's exactly what we did and we fully deserved the result too. We were the dominant side throughout and now I am hoping we aren't made to pay for the many spurned chances that we created.

--

v
50122.png

Motherwell 1 (Long 69)
Aberdeen 2 (Bryson 26, Hedges 57)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna (Taylor), Devlin, Leigh, Coutts, Bryson, Hedges, Palmer (Djerlek), Wright, Cosgrove (Anderson)

I had contemplated in resting my players for the Sevilla match but I chose not to and I am glad I didn't as Motherwell proved to be tough opponents.

Lets hope it all works out in the next match.

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 2nd Leg
50122.png
v
Aberdeen 0
Sevilla 1 (Kjaer 35pen)

(Agg: 2-2 - Aberdeen win on away goals)

Lineup
- Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh (Considine), Ferguson, Bryson, McLennan, Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn (Hedges), Cosgrove

We are through!!!! For the first time this season we fail to score but I don't care as we edge the tie on away goals. We were the better side here but just couldn't score and in the last 20min I went ultra defensive to try and hold on and it worked as Sevilla couldn't create anything.

--

v
50122.png

Hamilton Academical 0
Aberdeen 2 (McGinn 27, Ferguson 39)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, Considine, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson*, Bryson, McLennan, Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn (Hedges), Cosgrove (May)

Lewis Ferguson is wanted by both Manchester clubs and he added to his value here as he was the star man against his old club. Sam Cosgrove missed a penalty - how we are so clear in the league with a striker that has only scored 5 league goals is beyond me lol.

--

SUMMARY

We go into March 5pts clear with a game in hand - can it really happen? Things are looking great domestically as apart from a horrible 6-4 defeat to Hearts we won every match. The cup draws keep being kind to us as after beating Morton we have been drawn against 2nd tier side East Fife in the next round.

As for the Europa League after somehow knocking out Sevilla we have been drawn against the great unwashed - Rangers!!!! I will be devastated if we get knocked out by them.

Next month we have the youth intake which I am looking forward too.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NIALL MCGINN

attachment.php

--

LADBROKES PREMIERSHIP
attachment.php

Last edited:
_65749340_anderson_sns.jpg

Russell Anderson
1996-2007 & 2011-15
Defender
407 apps, 21 goals

Russell was captain of the side that won the 2013 League Cup which was his only major trophy. He spent 10 years at the club before being sold to Sunderland for £1m. Injuries hampered his career and he returned to Pittodrie. He won 11 caps for Scotland.

--

MARCH

Scottish Cup Quarter-Final
50122.png
v
Aberdeen 5 (Campbell 2, Wright 8, Coutts 20, Hedges 48, Taylor 58)
East Fife 1 (Davidson 25)

Lineup
- Lewis, Grimmer, Taylor, McIntyre, Considine, Coutts, Campbell, Hedges*, Djerlek, Wright, May

A great performance - we even had 2 goals disallowed as we sail into the semi-finals.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 1st Leg
50122.png
v
Aberdeen 2 (Logan 3, McKenna 80)
Rangers 0

Lineup
- Lewis, Logan*, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson (Coutts), Bryson, McLennan, Palmer, McGinn, Cosgrove (May)

A fine victory as we put Rangers firmly in their place and have one foot in the quarter finals. It was 2 of my defenders who led the way as Logan and McKenna scored the goals to see us to victory.

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 5 (Cosgrove 19pen, McLennan 27, 51, Palmer 35, Watson 45og)
Ross County 0

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson, Bryson, McLennan*, Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn, Cosgrove

Our good form continues here as we thrash Ross County. They had a man sent-off just before we scored our 4th but the game was already done by then.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 2nd Leg
v
50122.png

Rangers 4 (Morelos 1, 67, Arfield 25, Jack 79)
Aberdeen 4 (Ferguson 49, 76, McLennan 81, Wright 86)
(Agg: 4-6)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin (Considine), Leigh, Ferguson, Bryson (Coutts), McLennan, Djerlek, McGinn (Wright), Cosgrove

What a game this was as both sides put up a spectacle as we shared an 8 goal thriller which sees us through. We showed great spirit to keep on fighting back and although Jack once again scored against us we had the last laugh.

--

v
50122.png

Kilmarnock 0
Aberdeen 2 (Bryson 56, McGinn 86)

Lineup
- Lewis, Logan, Considine, Devlin, Leigh (Taylor), Coutts, Bryson*, McLennan, Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn, Cosgrove (May)

Our 5th win in a row in the league moves us 7pts clear with a game in hand and we have only 8 games left to play.

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 3 (Palmer 3, Cosgrove 58pen, Coutts 89)
Hibernian 1 (Kamberi 2)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson (Coutts*), Bryson (Campbell), McLennan (Hedges), Palmer, McGinn, Cosgrove

Don't know how Paul Coutts got the MOM award here although his goal was a belter. They had a man sent-off late on which helped a little bit.

--

SUMMARY

A near perfect month as we move into the crunch part of the season. In the league we thumped Ross County 5-0 and they immediately sacked their manager and then nicked my coach, Barry Robson, to become their new manager! Kilmarnock and Hibs were also beaten and the league title is moving ever closer.

In the Scottish Cup we also hit 5 past East Fife to reach the semis where we have a hard tie against Celtic and in Europe we knocked out Rangers to somehow reach the Europa League quarter-finals and we have a tie against PSV.

I appointed Dennis Bergkamp as coach to replace Robson while Neil Alexander is my new goalkeeping coach.

As for the first youth intake I got one not bad player but there wasn't a lot to get excited about tbh.
attachment.php

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LEWIS FERGUSON

attachment.php

--

LADBROKES PREMIERSHIP
attachment.php

Celtic beat Rangers 3-1
St.Mirren sack Alex McLeish
Scotland thump Liechtenstein 10-0 with Joe Bryan scoring 5!!!

Last edited:
You started your save 8 months earlier than me and will win the league before i do!

WillieCooper.jpg

Willie Cooper
1927-48
Defender
394 apps, 3 goals

Cooper spent over 20 years at the club and if it wasn't for the 2nd World War he surely would have had the record for most appearances for the club. He was unable to play in the Scottish Cup final that Aberdeen won in 1947 but such was his influence that the SFA gave him one anyway!

--

APRIL

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 7 (McLennan 8, Ferguson 30, 75, Palmer 38, Hedges 45, May 71, McKenna 78)
St. Johnstone 0

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson*, Bryson (Coutts), McLennan, Palmer, Hedges, Cosgrove (May)

When Connor McLennan put us in front the game said that Aberdeen were red hot right now. We then preceded to get 4 before half-time and 7 at full time lol. Lewis Ferguson got a £4k pay rise before the match and paid some of that back with a MOM performance.

--

v
50122.png

Rangers 2 (Docherty 45, McCrorie 90)
Aberdeen 4 (McGinn 2, Cosgrove 39, Palmer 54, Hedges 68)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson, Coutts (Campbell), McLennan (Hedges), Palmer, McGinn*, Cosgrove (May)

Our unbelievable run of form continued here as we shame the great unwashed in the last game before the split. To score 4 goals at Ibrox is a great achievement and the best goal was Kasey Palmer's 30 yard strike.

--

UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
v
50122.png

PSV Eindhoven 2 (Bergwijn 68, Hendrix 88)
Aberdeen 1 (Cosgrove 16)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson (Coutts), Bryson, McLennan, Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn (Hedges), Cosgrove

This was a cruel result as I felt we deserved a draw but I suppose I will take a narrow away defeat with an away goal. PSV had a goal disallowed in the 2nd half so it could have been worse.

--

Scottish Cup Semi-Final
v
50122.png

Celtic 5 (Ntcham 21, Ajer 30, Tierney 58, Simunovic 68, Lewis 71og)
Aberdeen 2 (Wright 15, 20)

Lineup - Lewis,
Grimmer, Taylor, McIntyre, Considine, Coutts (F.Ross), Campbell, Hedges (Quitongo), Djerlek (E.Ross), Wright, May

I am ****** off with this as we exit the Scottish Cup. I was forced to play my backups as my 1st team were unfit to play and despite taking a 2 goal lead we than capitulated to a humiliating defeat. Grimmer got sent-off in stoppage time so I cant blame him.

--

UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
50122.png
v
Aberdeen 1 (Cosgrove 85pen)
PSV Eindhoven 0
(Agg: 2-2, Aberdeen win on away goals)

Lineup
- Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh*, Ferguson, Bryson (Coutts), McLennan, Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn (Hedges), Cosgrove

The dream is still alive!!!!! This was a hard fought match and it seemed as though it was going to end in a draw however with 6min to go we created an opportunity and just when it looked like McLennan was going to score he was brought down for a penalty. Cosgrove stepped up and scored to send us through.

--

v
50122.png

Heart of Midlothian 3 (Johnston 37, Ikpeazu 67, 85)
Aberdeen 0

Lineup
- Lewis, Logan, Considine, Devlin, Leigh, Coutts, Bryson (Campbell), McLennan, Palmer, McGinn (Wright), Cosgrove (Anderson)

Pathetic. We could have secured the title here but Hearts humiliated us and fully deserved to win and this after they beat us 6-4 last time. This is the first time we have failed to score in the league this season.

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 2 (McLennan 33, McGinn 78)
Celtic 1 (Griffiths 75)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Coutts, Bryson, McLennan, Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn*, Cosgrove (Anderson)

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

We just needed a point to secure the title but we got all 3 to win the league with 2 games left to play. Connor McLennan put us in front and we were looking likely to see it out until Griffiths levelled but McGinn put us back in front almost immediately and that was the goal that sealed the title. McLennan missed a penalty in stoppage time but I don't care lol.

--

SUMMARY

This month had its ups and downs its fair to say. In the league we thumped St.Johnstone 7-0 and then went to Ibrox and beat Rangers 4-2 to put us on the brink of winning the title however we then collapsed to a 3-0 defeat against Hearts to delay the inevitable party and we celebrated after beating the champions 2-1 at Pittodrie.

Beating Celtic to claim the title was extra sweet as they ended our Scottish Cup hopes by beating us 5-2 in the semis despite us going 2-0 up. I am left thinking that if I hadn't had to play my backups what might have been as we were severely hampered.

In the Europa League we have somehow managed to reach the semis as after losing 2-1 to PSV Eindhoven away in Holland we got a late penalty in the 2nd leg to beat them 1-0 and we will play Manchester United in the semis.

And surely our run will end there!!!

Finally I have been given an initial £11m transfer budget for next season which is far more than I expected so I am not complaining having said that I have already agreed to sign 3 players for next term.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NIALL MCGINN
attachment.php

--

LADBROKES PREMIERSHIP
attachment.php

Ross County beat Celtic 1-0
St.Mirren appoint Jim McIntyre as their new manager
Dundee United are promoted to next seasons Premiership

Last edited:
You started your save 8 months earlier than me and will win the league before i do!

Its been rediculous. I have slightly tweaked my formation and whether its because I am up against weaker teams domestically I dont know but that wouldnt explain my European exploits. Really enjoying it though even if I have had a few horror results that ****** me off severely (6-4 and 3-0 to Hearts and the 5-2 loss in the cup semi)

Alex-Ferguson-Aberdeen.jpg

Sir Alex Ferguson
1978-86
Manager
459 games managed, 272 games won

Sir Alex Ferguson was in charge during the clubs greatest period of success in the early 80s as he led Aberdeen to 3 league titles, 4 Scottish Cups, 1 League Cup and of course the European Cup Winners Cup and the European Super Cup.

You know the rest lol.

-

MAY

UEFA Europa League Semi-Final 1st Leg
50122.png
v
Aberdeen 2 (Ferguson 36, 51)
Manchester United 0

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson*, Bryson, McLennan, Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn (Hedges), Cosgrove (May)

UNBELIEVABLE JEFF!!!!

I wish I was back to my streaming days so people can see this save live as it happens as my team pulled up another major shock by beating Man Utd 2-0 at Pittodrie. United put out a fairly strong side but with 25 shots to 10 and 56% possession we deserved the win thanks to two fine Lewis Ferguson goals who is actually being watched by Man Utd.

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 4 (May 10, Wright 14, Campbell 40, Anderson 90)
Kilmarnock 0

Lineup - Lewis, Grimmer, Taylor, McIntyre, Considine, Coutts (F.Ross), Campbell, Hedges, Djerlek*, Wright, May (Anderson)

With the league won and a 2nd leg v Man Utd to think about I put out my backups here and they strolled it.

--

UEFA Europa League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
v
50122.png

Manchester United 3 (Lukaku 32, Fred 42, Lingard 57)
Aberdeen 1 (Young 90og)
(Agg: 3-3, Aberdeen win on away goals)

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh (Considine), Ferguson, Bryson, McLennan (Hedges), Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn, Cosgrove

I LOVE ASHLEY YOUNG!!!!!

We were getting thumped here and we were 3-0 down, they had a goal disallowed and things were looking bleak but I made a triple substitution which changed the game. We created several chances and Cosgrove and Ferguson missed 2 sitters but in stoppage time we won a corner and it was played short into McGinn and his square ball was knocked in by Young but only after the ball hit the post and rolled along the line for a little while. Cue me screaming and shouting and waking up my girlfriend who definitely wasn't happy!!

--

50122.png
v
Aberdeen 2 (Ferguson 51, Tavernier 60og)
Rangers 0

Lineup - Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson*, Bryson (Campbell), McLennan, Palmer (Djerlek), McGinn, Cosgrove (May)

This win here sentences Rangers to 4th place.

--

v
50122.png

Hibernian 1 (Kamberi 7)
Aberdeen 5 (McGinn 4, Cosgrove 45, Palmer 54, 83, Bryson 62)

Lineup
- Lewis, Logan, McKenna, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson (Campbell), Bryson, McLennan (Hedges), Palmer*, McGinn, Cosgrove (May)

A great way to end the season as we put 5 past Hibs to end the season with 96 goals. I am pleased that Craig Bryson scored as he now has 10 in all comps and is the 7th player in my squad to reach that target - Stevie May is sitting on 9.

--

UEFA Europa League Final
50122.png
v
Aberdeen 2 (Cosgrove 41pen, McKenna 89)
Bayer Leverkusen 0

Lineup - Lewis, Logan (Grimmer), McKenna*, Devlin, Leigh, Ferguson, Bryson (Coutts), McLennan, Palmer, McGinn, Cosgrove (May)

THATS IT I'M DONE LOL.

For once we didn't have the majority of possession and we were limited to just 6 shots on goal as Leverkusen's tactics seemed to work for them and nullify our threats however we took the lead from the spot through Cosgrove after Greg Leigh had his shirt pulled. They pressed and McKenna slotted in the 2nd late on to secure the trophy.

Normally I would say this success so early has spoiled the save for me but I am absolutely loving it. I remember winning the World Cup with Senegal once but this season with Aberdeen beats that hands down.

As an aside regarding the match I am annoyed with my subs as I don't think Jack Grimmer really merits game time but Shay Logan was having a nightmare and at 1-0 I didn't want to risk it. Would have loved to have Considine on and in hindsight maybe Campbell instead of Coutts.

--

SUMMARY

The end of season to end all seasons. We saw out the league campaign easily by easily beating Kilmarnock 4-0 with my reserves and then beating our rivals Rangers 2-0 before hitting Hibs for 5 on the final day but the title was over and all eyes were on the Europa League....

In one of Pittodrie's greatest ever nights we beat Man Utd 2-0 thanks to a Lewis Ferguson double and that set us up nicely for the return leg but that wasn't going to plan as we were 3-0 down, they had a goal disallowed and were rampant but we got a last minute own goal to see us through in the final.

So there we were in the final against Leverkusen and even though they worked out how to stop us from playing we got awarded a penalty and struck late on when they were chasing the game and the glory was ours.

End of season post to follow.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LEWIS FERGUSON
attachment.php

Rangers beat Celtic 5-2 on last day of season
But Celtic beat them in the cup final

Last edited:
Unbelievable first season there mate!!! Well done!!!