How can I compete...

Phraz

Reaction score
with this?

2jz9es.png

I'm guessing it's some kind of bug as the FM engine is usually quite realistic and doesn't produce such silly outcomes. Will this be fixed in the next patch?

Happens a lot.
First of all, Chelsea go undefeated.
Give it a few seasons and it might change. It will be city who go undefeated. ;)

It's frustrating at best. I mean my teams in a transitional period as I've brought in a few young players but tactics is the big problem. I've tried all the recommended ones off of here and none are consistant.

Yeh Chelsea usually* win the league in the first season.

Last edited:
I often struggle with tactics. Try downloading one from here. I would suggest Kris's Ancelotti tactic, worked wonders for me.

I often struggle with tactics. Try downloading one from here. I would suggest Kris's Ancelotti tactic, worked wonders for me.

Do you use different tactics for home and away games?

Yeh Chelsea always win the league in the first season.

Fail.

Who did you buy? What tactics did you play? Drawing 6 and losing 4 with Man Utd is extremely poor - your not helping yourself never mind what Chelsea are doing.

You have 15 games to get above them, you can still do it. Chelsea seemed to suck in the last 6 games of the season when FA cup and CL responsibilities took their toll.

On my game, they won 0 out of the last 6 including draws against Hull, Pompey and Everton.

They had a 7 goal defecit on me going into the last game...they won it 7-0 but luckily I won my game, so won the league :).

Good luck.

Fail.

Who did you buy? What tactics did you play? Drawing 6 and losing 4 with Man Utd is extremely poor - your not helping yourself never mind what Chelsea are doing.

You have 15 games to get above them, you can still do it. Chelsea seemed to suck in the last 6 games of the season when FA cup and CL responsibilities took their toll.

On my game, they won 0 out of the last 6 including draws against Hull, Pompey and Everton.

They had a 7 goal defecit on me going into the last game...they won it 7-0 but luckily I won my game, so won the league :).

Good luck.

I know it's bad mate, don't need reminding. ;-)

I bought Dzeko, Jovetic, Van der vaart, Diego Renan, Otamendi, Jorgensen, Fabian Monzon, Airton and Verratti. As you can see I bought for the future expecting my squad that I inherited to be good enough to tide me over until they were good enough to come in. Jovetic, Dzeko and Diego Renan were good enough from the start.

I've tried a few of the most downloaded tactics. Most success I've had is with the most downloaded tactic. The name escapes me but it's something like High Scoring v1.1. However, I only used this about 15 games in after a poor start and it brought me a good run to be fair, just not the best away tactic.

I've never seen a different team win the EPL first season other than City or Chelsea. Chelsea have the highest sqaud harmony and City have the best funds and usually buy amazing players. Makes sense.
Anyway, its something to do with your tactics..

I know it's bad mate, don't need reminding. ;-)

I bought Dzeko, Jovetic, Van der vaart, Diego Renan, Otamendi, Jorgensen, Fabian Monzon, Airton and Verratti. As you can see I bought for the future expecting my squad that I inherited to be good enough to tide me over until they were good enough to come in. Jovetic, Dzeko and Diego Renan were good enough from the start.

I've tried a few of the most downloaded tactics. Most success I've had is with the most downloaded tactic. The name escapes me but it's something like High Scoring v1.1. However, I only used this about 15 games in after a poor start and it brought me a good run to be fair, just not the best away tactic.

If you can find the download I recommend JP Woody's tactic, I used it on my Leeds game and a Middlesbrough game (in the EPL) and it was brilliant.

that is a fantastic 23 game period Chelsea have had though. only 7 goals against.

but yeah its unrealistic the way City dominate sometimes, their squad in my brentford save is outrageous.

If you can find the download I recommend JP Woody's tactic, I used it on my Leeds game and a Middlesbrough game (in the EPL) and it was brilliant.

That's the one that I used. Put me on a good run just didn't work away sometimes.

i've only seen that on fm09 with city doing the same and coasting to the league.

Im doing OK with a new 442 i made for Liverpool in the first season,so far so good,Chelsea are right up my **** though:

Last edited:
Think I'm going to start a new game save. FM is too unrealistic with Chelsea and it gets stupid plus I still had the Tier 10 database loaded and the FA Cup was bugged.

:mad: