How difficult to get a new stadium in a small town?

0over0

Reaction score
I'm playing Dover, currently near the end of 2014, and I've been wondering how hard it is to get a new, larger stadium? Will they ever build something decent since it's not a metropolis?

How much account does the game take of your geographical location and the population in the area? The board has already told me there's no point, as they feel there aren't enough fans, but I have sellouts and near sellouts all the time.

Just curious, thanks.

When I got to npower League 1 with AFC Wimbledon they expanded the stadium when I asked, then they decided without me asking to build a new stadium when I got to the premier division.

sellouts=at least 2+ seasons, plus running at a healthy profit
Fastest sure-fire way to get a new stadium from low leagues? Get to the premiership, all stadiums have to be all-seaters forcing your board to build at least at 15k seat stadium

Fastest sure-fire way to get a new stadium from low leagues? Get to the premiership, all stadiums have to be all-seaters forcing your board to build at least at 15k seat stadium

Hmm... my board must be ******** with me then. Take a bank loan for 16.75M sell my last stadium for 6-9 M and building a 14.75K capacity stadium all-seater with heating. **** bastards.

Hmm... my board must be ******** with me then. Take a bank loan for 16.75M sell my last stadium for 6-9 M and building a 14.75K capacity stadium all-seater with heating. **** bastards.

Isn't that typical of boards--and they are all bastards!

Thanks for the info--so there's hope even in a small town. I just got promoted to Champions for next season (2015) so I'm almost there.
Of course, they still don't give me any money for transfers--luckily there seem to be a lot more decent players (at least through League 1) available for free in FM11 than FM10. I have a feeling my scavenging is not going to work as well from here on up, though.

Isn't that typical of boards--and they are all bastards!

Thanks for the info--so there's hope even in a small town. I just got promoted to Champions for next season (2015) so I'm almost there.
Of course, they still don't give me any money for transfers--luckily there seem to be a lot more decent players (at least through League 1) available for free in FM11 than FM10. I have a feeling my scavenging is not going to work as well from here on up, though.

In 4 seasons from BSP to npower Championship I bought for 140K and sold the same guy 6 months later for 160K. I only sold players and got in free players.

When I got to the premier division I couldn't get quality players for free anymore (at least not enough to fill up my squad) so I bought a few players but I also got quality players in for free.