Martino

Reaction score
Think this will be my last tactic of FM17. Wanted to make a great targetman tactic, and I think this tactic is lots of fun and easy to build a squad around. Created the base for this tactic with MSK Zilina in the slovakian league and improved it with Aston Villa in the Championship. Both teams had a great targetman that is quite essential to really make this tactic work well.
Here's the formation.
View attachment 84141

Here's the team instructions
View attachment 84140

So as you can see it's a mixture of possesion and counter football. You can dominate the midfield with a lot of short passing, but also sometimes play extremely direct with a long ball for the targetman, who sets up the complete forward with a pass into space. Wingbacks in this tactic is a force to reckon, they just need pace and the ability to beat their direct opponent. The CM(att) is your shadowstriker, and i prefer a physical player over a technically gifted played here. Of course a mixture of both is preferred if possible. I wont go to much into the player roles for this tactic, as it's nothing fancy. Just make sure your targetman is quality, and that your complete forward is a prolific goalscorer and you'll be fine. CBs doesnt need to be ball players at all.
Hope to get some feedback for this one, so let me know what you think.

OIs : Sometimes i use them, sometimes I dont.
Match prep : Have the assistant handle it or use def positioning.

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6oob5f74ml87w26/Targetmania_FD63374E-A886-4D5B-9ECA-645C15D7AB04.fmf

same pictures?

Well right now I'm playing as Aston Villa. They had huge financial problems when I took over, so I'm rebuilding the squad with a minimum of players. We werent allowed to buy players due to financial restrictions/financial fairplay. Right now I'm second in the league - media predicted 9th. Have had alot of draws due to me being a little naive tactically...leading 2-0 and 3-1 and then ending up playing 2-2 or 3-3. So I need to make a hold the lead tactic....;( But loving the overall tactic and its playing like a real team.
You can consider changing complete forward to something else and maybe the deep lying playmaker to a halfback if you want to try some tweaks.
My targetman is the league's leading goalscorer right now.
View attachment 83947

Tested for half a season with Besiktas(on holiday):

NO OI, General Training handled by Assistant Coach, Match Training set to Match Tactic