How do you get your tactic to be more consistent?

Reggaezal

Reaction score
I have had some great games, but against lower clubs and certain big clubs my tactic failed big time. How do you make it more consistent? is it mainly based on a player's consistency?

Depends on what your tactic is and what the other team is playing with. You might be very vulnerable to wingers for example.

i do use fullbacks, they are old and pretty slow (Juankolvski/zambrotta/oddo) but they still can hold out. like my recent game i was lucky to win sampdoria 1-0. their wingers arent that good..

You should look into a new Left Back and then maybe Right Back.

You have to do some rotating in tactics. Every team won't have the same formation or tactics. Like if you play a 5-2-3 tactics, If The other team field 4-5-1, and get the right tactics, you'll lose the midfield battle and the match, so rotate, check other squads, you can see their tactics, and play according to that :)

why dont you give details of your tactic's sceenshots things like that gives people more to work with??????????????????????????????????????

why dont you give details of your tactic's sceenshots things like that gives people more to work with??????????????????????????????????????

Because then it would go off topic, this thread will be closed then moved to a sticky thread lol.

Try a "rigid" setting. My tactics seem to come out much better and quite more consistent.

You have to do some rotating in tactics. Every team won't have the same formation or tactics. Like if you play a 5-2-3 tactics, ... , you can see their tactics, and play according to that :)

Not always. Settings and roles within your formation suffice to counter the opposition with no need to compromise your ideas ( i myself cant play the lone striker tactics! ) :D

Simple answer is to get a team of extremely consistent players.

Other than that, play your best players in their preferred positions. :p

I understand your querie however, you do lose to some teams in fm.. (apart from mr houghs tactic lol) it always seems to happen i get a big result vs a big side then go and lose to wolves at home or something.. its just the way fm is!

I understand your querie however, you do lose to some teams in fm.. (apart from mr houghs tactic lol) it always seems to happen i get a big result vs a big side then go and lose to wolves at home or something.. its just the way fm is!

yea, it bugs me but sadly its true.

Simple answer is to get a team of extremely consistent players.

Other than that, play your best players in their preferred positions. :p

a team full of consistent players? o_O im not man city, dont think i will have the funds or the time to find and buy only consistent performing players.

Try a "rigid" setting. My tactics seem to come out much better and quite more consistent.

Not always. Settings and roles within your formation suffice to counter the opposition with no need to compromise your ideas ( i myself cant play the lone striker tactics! ) :D

the thing is if i use rigid mentality, several players like ronaldinho, robinho and pirlo are locked down and wont be allowed to be as creative as they truly are. but i will experiment it soon, sounds useful. thanks |)

You gotta have different tactics against weak/strong teams in home/away matches.
Main reason of failure against the weak teams is often not the tactics but complacency.