How far would you go to sign a player? money-wise

Reggaezal

Reaction score
Just wondering how far would you go for a player, as in the transfer fee.

Its really tough to get certain players due to their value as a player and their value to the club, so lets say im about to buy a 15m striker(just an example), how far would you go to get him?

Would you rather find a suitable replacement at a lower fee,retrain an existing player to that position, bring up a youth talent instead or would you just go for him to the death beating other club's bids?

Also, ive noticed this but, using a high signing on fee and a placing "potential transfer fee % to 40 or 45% increases the chances of the players bid being accepted, is it really working or is it a co incidence?

If I want a particular player then I will pay anything up too the point where we are talking silly money for example a 15m striker, I would be prepared up to 40m if said player was good enough. Also using the 15m striker example again if your going to be buying a player of that value you are going to have significent finacial backing behind you so you can pay that little bit more for a player you want. I think it depends on your team and how much you have to spend :) I have never really noticed if the signing on fee and placing potential transfer fee % works but try it out now :)

I usually buy depending on their track record. If they are a proven/well known player.. I'll tend to double their value plus a little more to tempt teams, but it's usually a little under half if it's a younger/lesser known player.

Depends on how much I want/need the player.

Obviously depends on the player. Put in three bids for Fernando Torres in my second year as Fiorentina. He had wanted to join, and we were going to get him. First bid, $70 million. No dice. Second bid, $90 million. Liverpool still said no. Third bid, $110 million. We had cash to burn, and it was accepted. Unfortunately, soon after he signed for that ridiculous amount of cash, my game got corrupted. I died a little inside when that happened.

Obviously depends on the player. Put in three bids for Fernando Torres in my second year as Fiorentina. He had wanted to join, and we were going to get him. First bid, $70 million. No dice. Second bid, $90 million. Liverpool still said no. Third bid, $110 million. We had cash to burn, and it was accepted. Unfortunately, soon after he signed for that ridiculous amount of cash, my game got corrupted. I died a little inside when that happened.

sorry for being sadistic but i really laughed alot when i read this XD

My limit is around 30m, maybe a little more depending on how much I want him...I can't see the point in buying players for ridiculous amounts of money, even if I had 100m available to spend I would never spend it on one player even if it was Messi or Torres, I prefer getting a few bargains and developing them into world class stars, and to be honest I never play as a big club so usually have to spend my money wisely.

if he does not want to join, I get someone else! (most of the time :))
i have just signed Ochoa from America Mex, he wanted 68k a month, he was only earning like 18k and a clean sheet bonus of 18.5k etc etc.

if they want to join, they will join! if my first offer is too low, they will reject or say its not good enough and work from there, I never give players exactly what they ask for, unless there is a lot of competition from Big clubs for free agents and up and coming youngsters, then I offer them more than what they ask for :)

this is Ochoa's contract!
View attachment 108269

It depends on the quality of the player, how much the team needs him or how much I like them :p

i pay a reasonable amounts for players apart from when i signed maschrano for 60m

i had the money so y not

if i really wanted them probs up to about 50 - 60m

Eh, when I was A.C. Milan in a net game with my friend and had been given 140 mil to spend third season I was regularly chucking around sums like 70 mil like it was nothing.

if he does not want to join, I get someone else! (most of the time :))
i have just signed Ochoa from America Mex, he wanted 68k a month, he was only earning like 18k and a clean sheet bonus of 18.5k etc etc.

if they want to join, they will join! if my first offer is too low, they will reject or say its not good enough and work from there, I never give players exactly what they ask for, unless there is a lot of competition from Big clubs for free agents and up and coming youngsters, then I offer them more than what they ask for :)

this is Ochoa's contract!
View attachment 108269

wow you're a great negotiator!

But if they see a better offer, they wont join ;)

I'm Man City so it doesn't matter does it? I tend to go for cheaper deals but I can't resist signing Pato for 80M. :p

Yea but im just asking in general terms, i cant find a reliable method to buying players, in real life we've seen that 80million transfer(which imo is totally justified ;)) and those cheap deals like van der vaart!

on fm there has to be a limit to how much a club wants for a player...

I signed James Rodriguez from Juventus for £100m. I'd never go higher than that. Danny Wilson was at Man City, I offered £80m, they said they wanted £130m, they were told to go and die.

Highest i would go is A packet of Hob Nobs and My Last Rolo :O

I once bought rooney for 120million with arsenal, i was desperate as the window was closing, still he was top scorer with 34 :), and it didnt affect the finances too much