How long a player has been at the club - importance?

BarmyArmy

Reaction score
Of course, in real life the longer a squad has been together the better they perform as a team. But my question is on Football Manager how much of an impact does this have?

I'm currently managing Blackburn so finances are very tight. I keep stumbling across players similar to those that I already have coming up to the end of their contract. And I know I can't sign them just to sell them on, but what I can do is sign them and sell the player I already have in their position. Problem is I'll end up constantly swapping players all the time if I keep doing this. So really what I want to know is, is it worth it or am I better having a consistent squad?

Yes definitely, I feel if you change the squad too much not only does it affect in the game, you as a player will see the squad a foreign and you won't be able to manager he squad right.

I always lose interest in saves when I make too many changes to my squad too quickly, I start buying players I don't need and I am never sure if they will perform.

Keep your squad consistent, only make 4 changes a year.