Reaction score
So I'm in my fourth season as Gillingham Manager, and I don't know whether I am actually going to survive as a club. I am currently in - £1972000 in finances with a few club debts still lingering around. How long do people think I can survive as a club and has anyone had their club get into serious debts? Can you be dissolved as a club?

Sorry for asking but I've never been in debt of this magnitude.

It's been three games into the season b.t.w, I don't plan on staying in 23rd position :p

Sorry for useless post, but thread name frightened me.

it only just said finances are okay, for the last year it said insecure and I have 3 million debt and am minus 2 million in the bank, i think theres reason to worry ........

it only just said finances are okay, for the last year it said insecure and I have 3 million debt and am minus 2 million in the bank, i think theres reason to worry ........

really? because i dont, there may be reason to worry if you get relegated but i cant see that amount of debt being a big issue to be honest

To be fair to put it in context it's a small club, we can have at most 10000 fans at every home match to make money from and we don't fill out every match, we also have 120,000 salaries a week, which is a lot. Obviously big clubs wouldn't find 5 million a lot but look at league one and two clubs getting dissolved with a few hundred grand debts.

I'd offload some high earners then hope and pray I didn't get relegated. Football management is all about risks, if you go down you are pretty much screwed mate.

hmmm but I can't offload my high earners, most I only just got. The problem is my squad is really young, a lot of my players were released by the big four and I've taken them on and are really good, like Vladimir Weiss, but if I got rid of them I would definitely get relegated, I could get a decent finish with them.

hmmm but I can't offload my high earners, most I only just got. The problem is my squad is really young, a lot of my players were released by the big four and I've taken them on and are really good, like Vladimir Weiss, but if I got rid of them I would definitely get relegated, I could get a decent finish with them.

Post your squad? I assumed being Gillingham you would have had a poor team (no offence) the good thing about signing youngsters is that even if you finish poorly teams will offer you millions for your players, especially Weiss so if you are still losing money come the end of the season then think about selling a few and replacing them with cheaper players or not replacing them at all.. Also as for how long you will last, you should be okay for another year, if you continue to lose money and your board do not help you out then you will eventually go bankrupt however you always get taken over when you go bankrupt so all is not lost!

Seems your season could make or break it for you, relegation could spell doom. However if you have as many good youngsters as you say and have good season with possibly promotion, you will be fine

Here are my best young players, and Flood, I also have a few other top earners and you can see the whole team. So you can see there's loads of potential and big transfer possibilities but the wages are a big problem still and if I were not to get promoted it would be disatrous

Wow thats quite a nice amount of former youngsters you have got!, you could definitly try for promotion with those in your squad (bar a massive injury crisis)

Hmmm, unfortunately like always I am having a bad and unlucky start to the season. Beatie is shooting too much and not finding Borini and means we have had 14 shots and only one goal. I can't even get another striker in.

no, unfortunately. He plays well when he passes and doesn't shoot but he has stopped passing to Borini for some unknown reason.

This is football management for you; sometimes you have to let go of good players, hope you don't get relegated and rebuild the squad next year.

And if all else fail, you could start turning tricks on the street.

You have a lot of centre midfielders. Sell one of your young players for 1.5/2.5million and you should be fine