Great! I'm glad you are having such great results with this! I managed to get my Woking team on a minimal budget promoted without a problem!

I was also finding a not so natural AMC scoring loads too! And I'm glad the Attacker is scoring a lot as he wasn't for me, may have been because it was Francis Jeffers though!

Nice work. I use a false nine it a lot of my tactics. Barcalona have also used Messi as a flase nine on a few occasions. Good if you have a good goalscoring winger or AMC and can make for some brilliant football

Nice work. I use a false nine it a lot of my tactics. Barcalona have also used Messi as a flase nine on a few occasions. Good if you have a good goalscoring winger or AMC and can make for some brilliant football

After Arsenal I would say Barcelona are the best emulation of the false nine you get with Messi! I can see Madrid employing it under Jose this year too. It's a brilliant style of play imo!

Stothy, I've done a modified version that works a treat in the German leagues (where no one plays a flat 4-4-2, which does happen in England and explains all my Blackburn results). Basically, just cross and through ball a lot (Wingers and WBs), set corners to 6 yard box, and mark out both opposition strikers, who will have trouble scoring. Just trying to make them not hesitate on the ball too much.

After Arsenal I would say Barcelona are the best emulation of the false nine you get with Messi! I can see Madrid employing it under Jose this year too. It's a brilliant style of play imo!

Agreed. My favourite style of play is 4-2-3-1. The striker as a trequartista. I play with a fluid style and basically aim to drag their defenders all over the place and exploit the space. Looks really good and absolutely destroys a 4-4-2!

Stothy, I've done a modified version that works a treat in the German leagues (where no one plays a flat 4-4-2, which does happen in England and explains all my Blackburn results). Basically, just cross and through ball a lot (Wingers and WBs), set corners to 6 yard box, and mark out both opposition strikers, who will have trouble scoring. Just trying to make them not hesitate on the ball too much.

If you were to send this to me or upload it somewhere I would love to include it plus some of my own tweaks in the next version!
Agreed. My favourite style of play is 4-2-3-1. The striker as a trequartista. I play with a fluid style and basically aim to drag their defenders all over the place and exploit the space. Looks really good and absolutely destroys a 4-4-2!
And I agree with you yet again! It even looks good at conference level, plus they are less fit so tire quicker and therefore much more space! Trequartista a long with inside forwards are my favourite positions in the whole game!

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:13 PM ----------

Anyone?

If you were to send this to me or upload it somewhere I would love to include it plus some of my own tweaks in the next version!
And I agree with you yet again! It even looks good at conference level, plus they are less fit so tire quicker and therefore much more space! Trequartista a long with inside forwards are my favourite positions in the whole game!

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:13 PM ----------

Anyone?

Actually upon further examination, this is more effective for England (when used with Blackburn, it destroys everyteam- Birmingham no problem.), or I just had a really good attack combi in Kalinic/Griffiths and solid midfield in Defour and .Cairney

Actually upon further examination, this is more effective for England (when used with Blackburn, it destroys everyteam- Birmingham no problem.), or I just had a really good attack combi in Kalinic/Griffiths and solid midfield in Defour and .Cairney

You make any tweaks to this at all then?

Your original works rock solid in England, where stupid unversatile footballers are common.

Good man!

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 12:40 AM ----------

I have just updated the tactic for my league 2 endeavour with Woking! We are major underdogs after our overachieving finish last season so had to work with this, and I have to say I have had brilliant results!

WokingvPortsmouthSplitView.png

This result says it all! We beat a team recently in the prem (Now league 1) But we were in BSS 2 seasons ago!

Here is the Stothy's False Nine collection. Quite obvious how it will work. The Superstar and Evens tactics are not quite as good as I would like but the underdog! Wow!

Click here to access these files!

Another example of what it can do:
WokingvHartlepoolSplitView.png

---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:11 PM ----------

Beaten a premier league team now! Maybe I have found THE tactic?

WokingvBoltonSplitView.png

Last edited: