adickson607

Reaction score
Well after being knocked out in the 1/4 Final stages by Real Madrid, I decided I was fed up of it. So I spent my study period in school (35minutes) trying to develop the best tactic to beat Real Madrid and I finally came up with this: (Can't work the printscreen so I'll type it out)

--------------------------Cech(GK, Defend)
---Bosingwa(WB, Support)-----Terry(CB, Ball Playing Defender)
---Zapata(CB, Central Defender)----A.Cole(WB, Support)
-------------------------Essien(AnchorMan, Defend)
J.Cole----------(WideMidfeilder, Support)-----------Zhirkov
-----------------------Lampard(Advanced Playmaker, Attack)
-----------Drogba-----------------------Aguero--------
(Deep Lying Forward, Attack) (Poacher, Attack)

General Strategies
Philosophy---------------------Fluid
Starting Strategy------------Control

Playing Style
Passing------------Shorter
Creative------------More Expressive
Closing Down----Stand off More
Tackling------------Default
Marking-------------Zonal Marking
Crossing------------Drill Crosses
Roaming------------Default

This worked a charm for me and I also asked my friends (Arsenal and Man Utd) to try it out and they both won in the CL Final.

Hope this works out for other people, if not, I guess its back to the drawing board..
Please let me know your results, good or bad.

Why don't you just upload the tactic.?

Can anyone give me feedback on if this works for all teams or just Chelsea?

I'm managing Sampdoria and managed to win Serie A eventually and I'm playing Real Madrid in Champions League and I feel before I attempt it I should need some help??

Try to prevent them from having long shots as much as possible or Kaka and Ronaldo will end up putting some of their efforts past the keeper.

Guess it depends on what stage you are on, but if you don't need to win against them, for example if you play a smaller club in the groupstages you can also play very defensive and get a draw.

I played with Celtic and played with 4-4-1-1 with 1 CM, 2 DM and 2 WB that played man-marking on Ronaldo and Kaka. Sure i created like 1 shot against their goal and they like +25 but both matches ended 0-0 and I got through after doing the same to Liverpool at Anfield.

But I'll try your tactic out with Man U if I get the chance :)

agreed. also the best way to defeat any of the very best, is to try not to let them get the ball in the first place. you've lost half the battle if the have the ball at their feet.
with madrid, this means silencing alonso. close him down at all times, hard tackling, i tend to specific mark him. i tend to play wider then attack through the middle.

Playing R.Madrid in the Spanish Cup final with Villarreal and will try this.

trying this now with man utd against real madrid lol

I can say without using that this wont suit all teams as the formation will be wrong. Teams such as Liverpool and Inter i would say are an example as Liverpool i feel a 4-2-3-1 works best with Torres lone striker and Inter either a 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-3-1. Also it all depends on the players that u have as if you dont have someone as Poacher or say Anchor Man materiel u wont be able to use it. But teams such as Chelsea and Ac Milan i would see why u wouldent be able to beat Madrid with it

I also gunna try this. I'm Leeds at the moment. So hoping to get out of league 1.

i beat real madrid in the champions league final 2 1 and i was man u some sweet revenge on ronaldowho vidic injuryed during that game ha ha on my own formation but i will try this one out.

Its hard but if you manage to stop Kaka and Ronaldo from having long shots,plus they like to play through balls to Higuan so I usually set a deep defnsive line,does not work wonders but does the job beating them 1-0,2-0

With At.Madrid i won 3-1 against Real Madrid, with the Mr.Hough tactic 4-1-2-1-2

Press, go in hard on them, don't be afraid to protect a lead. Use strong DMs to cover your defenders, have your full backs play conservatively if you get a lead and pass it around a lot to run down time. Long balls are asking to be put back under pressure from RM. Keep it, use your back line to hold the ball. And as the above poster said, Alonso playing balls over the top for fast wingers usually causes pain, so take him out of the match.

Last edited:
basically what the above says, plus you can do damage with pace and dribbling as Alonso isn't the quickest so the defence can become exposed. I tend to play a 4-2-3-1 against the big teams with the 2 midfielders very disciplined and combative and the 4 attacking players with tons of creative freedom and movement when attacking especially on the break.

Well after being knocked out in the 1/4 Final stages by Real Madrid, I decided I was fed up of it. So I spent my study period in school (35minutes) trying to develop the best tactic to beat Real Madrid and I finally came up with this: (Can't work the printscreen so I'll type it out)

--------------------------Cech(GK, Defend)
---Bosingwa(WB, Support)-----Terry(CB, Ball Playing Defender)
---Zapata(CB, Central Defender)----A.Cole(WB, Support)
-------------------------Essien(AnchorMan, Defend)
J.Cole----------(WideMidfeilder, Support)-----------Zhirkov
-----------------------Lampard(Advanced Playmaker, Attack)
-----------Drogba-----------------------Aguero--------
(Deep Lying Forward, Attack) (Poacher, Attack)

General Strategies
Philosophy---------------------Fluid
Starting Strategy------------Control

Playing Style
Passing------------Shorter
Creative------------More Expressive
Closing Down----Stand off More
Tackling------------Default
Marking-------------Zonal Marking
Crossing------------Drill Crosses
Roaming------------Default

This worked a charm for me and I also asked my friends (Arsenal and Man Utd) to try it out and they both won in the CL Final.

Hope this works out for other people, if not, I guess its back to the drawing board..
Please let me know your results, good or bad.

Isn't that in like 2012, seeing the tactic name..
isn't Bosingwa really ****? As he's just simply **** even from 2009 for me?

a better way to beat madrid is to score more goals then them