sf2rock

Reaction score
Hi guys do you think I could employ this player as a false nine and If so how could I do it successfully? Does he have the right attributes?

This is a slightly old image- I trained him up a bit more and now he has Strength, creativity and technique at 16. First touch is now 19 and agility 18

A false 9 is a striker who comes deep, with the intention of dragging central defenders with him, opening up space for attacking midfielders running from deep, or wingers cutting inside. So no, due to the fact this player is an attacking midfielder, he wouldn't be suitable to be a false 9.

But could he be trained to play a false nine role? Having off the ball 19 must be important
A false 9 is a striker who comes deep, with the intention of dragging central defenders with him, opening up space for attacking midfielders running from deep, or wingers cutting inside. So no, due to the fact this player is an attacking midfielder, he wouldn't be suitable to be a false 9.

With a teamwork of only 9 and Work-rate of 11, I wouldn't trust him to put the tactical success of the team before getting his name on the score sheet.

He is a decent Attacking Mid (Better Mental Stats and I'd call him world class) but he is an attacker, not a decoy.

But could he be trained to play a false nine role? Having off the ball 19 must be important

Yes off the ball would be an important attribute in being an effective false 9. However, as i said, this guy is not a natural striker, combined with the fact he has 9 for team work and 11 for work rate. Think of Cristiano Ronaldo. He has 7 for team work in the game. Can you imagine Ronaldo regularly making space for someone else to score? No, Ronaldo would expect someone else to make room for him to score. This guy is similar. He's not going to be your false 9, however, he may be effective as the man who moves INTO the space created by a false 9. When you're looking for a false 9, look for good off the ball and work rate, as well as the ppm "Comes deep to get ball"

Ok thanks. What about this guy? Could I then employ/retrain Nagoli as an inside forward?
Yes off the ball would be an important attribute in being an effective false 9. However, as i said, this guy is not a natural striker, combined with the fact he has 9 for team work and 11 for work rate. Think of Cristiano Ronaldo. He has 7 for team work in the game. Can you imagine Ronaldo regularly making space for someone else to score? No, Ronaldo would expect someone else to make room for him to score. This guy is similar. He's not going to be your false 9, however, he may be effective as the man who moves INTO the space created by a false 9. When you're looking for a false 9, look for good off the ball and work rate, as well as the ppm "Comes deep to get ball"

Ok thanks. What about this guy? Could I then employ/retrain Nagoli as an inside forward?

His attributes are good enough, but i'd still say you're better off using someone who's a natural striker, and it might take a while to train him to become accomplished. Also does he have "comes deep to get ball" as a ppm?

That second guy would make a good false nine especially if he has the PPM "comes deep to get the ball" so if he doesn't have it train him it. I reckon false nines though are A LOT more effective as AMCs than STs.

First touch is now 19 and agility 18
g.gif

i find anyone with high work rate, team work, passing and creativity can make a decent false nine. throw some ppms on there and youre good.