The Apple Mac Thread

LionelPienaar

Banned
Reaction score
I have had and will have a number of queries, regarding the running and function of FM on macs, for example where to find FMRTE, Genie Scout or where to put downloaded files as people with macs tend to get overlooked when it comes to help guides etc.

Therefore I have decided to set up the following thread where people with mac related enquiries and answers, so anyone looking for or to help will be greatly welcomed.

My first query is based on Hamachi and how to run it efficiently with terminal because I've never had or found a version with an interface other than mac code in terminal.

Mac-lovers shouttt out!

I have a problem installing fm10 on my mac. It starts installing and when it gets to "Installing...Uninstall Football Manager 2010.app", the install process goes no further. Really bugging me now. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

I am hoping that someone can help me out there in the 'real' world! I have been playing the game for the last few days with no problems at all (apart from having team issues!) saves etc have been ok but today when I clicked on the icon in the dock it started up with the usual Sega logo and the screens that come after that but then it just went straight back to the desktop. I didn't even get as far as the startup screen where you select New or Saved Game options. I was running the 10.3 patched version so I tried re-applying the patch - no success. I have even tried un-installing and re-installing the game and not patching it at all and it still doesn't work. This is now driving me mad as I don't know what else to try. I am using a Macbook 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM so the machine is up to spec and like I said earlier it has been working fine - I had a 4 hour gaming session last night and it was fine.

do you know how to fix this, as i have been having the same problems?

I had the same problem, when I moved the FM launcher file to my desktop. Fine for a few days then suddenly just would not load up. To fix it I simply moved the launcher file back into the Football Manager directory and hey presto. No problems since. I would however be grateful if someone could let me know whether FM Genie, skins etc are downloadable and working on Macs, all files appear to be compatible with windows/vista etc but no mac!

Right, I could really do with an answer here to help my kit making. Is there a mac-friendly version of FM Graphics Guru about, or could somebody explain to me another way of writing config files. I have tried copying and editing configs from facepacks i have downloaded but never works in game.

If someone could write me down a spec or something would be hugely grateful and I can continue making kits for the site.

All of it!!

I use a mac, have for the last two football managers, and everythings worked fine for me.

if you want to download a mac-friendly hamachi, search 'HamachiX' and you'll get it. worked for me!

@mfage1 : do the graphic packs work on your mac? if so, how did you install it? please share because nobody seems to know how to make them work on a mac.

I don't know how to download anything at all for the MAC, can someone tell me how??

Mac user

got everything to work on my Mac except the face megapack. accidentally deleted the config.xml file. it takes too long to redownload the megapack so right now, I'm downloading fmguru editor & gonna open it with virtual box.hope it works!

Really struggling here guys. Downloaded with Steam, game is working great but ....
I've downloaded facepacks and unzipped them, but when I place them in Path:/Users/username/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/graphics/pictures/players they do not show up at all.
Is the problem with my folder name? Should it be "faces" or "facepack" or "facepacks"?
Could really use some help. What am I missing?

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Also, I do have "use skin cache OFF" and "always reload skin on confirm ON".