How to get a player to operate effectively as a defensiv central midfielder

bigpimpin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know there are a few tactical wizards on here thats why i came here.

Basically i am doing a tactical project of flat 4s in midfield in the 4-4-2 and the 4-4-1-1 as these tactics seem to be dying out.

I am able to attack succesfully with thses tactics but defensive it seems like i cant get the right balance between the attacker and the defender in the middle of the park.

i have tried 'central midfielder' - defend with an ultradefensive mentality and no forward runs but they seem to bomb forward each time we attack leave a big gp between midfield and defense. I have tried this with so many defensive players but still no luck. i have also tried ball winning midfielder also no luck

Any ideas to help me achieve my goal?

Thanks in advance

i seemed to struggle defensively with flat midfield too, after tweaking few things i decided to go with high defense line and offside trap. This way there is not much gap between the defense and the midfield and i concede very few goals. You need pacey defenders for that to work :D

Hi guys,

I know there are a few tactical wizards on here thats why i came here.

Basically i am doing a tactical project of flat 4s in midfield in the 4-4-2 and the 4-4-1-1 as these tactics seem to be dying out.

I am able to attack succesfully with thses tactics but defensive it seems like i cant get the right balance between the attacker and the defender in the middle of the park.

i have tried 'central midfielder' - defend with an ultradefensive mentality and no forward runs but they seem to bomb forward each time we attack leave a big gp between midfield and defense. I have tried this with so many defensive players but still no luck. i have also tried ball winning midfielder also no luck

Any ideas to help me achieve my goal?

Thanks in advance

if i have a flat 4 in midfield i use an advanced playmaker support/attack with a ball winning midfielder defender.

i change the closing down of the BWM to less than what its set on and change his mentality to more defensive

hope this helps