How to Play as German and Japan National Teams

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
For Football Manager players, it is a well-known fact that the only issue that stops the game from achieving complete realism, data wise, is the lack of the official German and Japanese national sides, due to their respective rights being held exclusively by other companies, meaning that the German team is filled with ‘greys’ (despite having real players available), and Japan is similar, along with no local players to choose from also (Japan-based players are not included in game anyway). However, there is a fix to this that people have found, and it is as simple as changing or deleting a file.

All you have to do is go to

WINDOWS
Program Files > Steam > Apps > Football Manager 2012 > data > db > 1200 > Inc > all

MAC
Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2012\data\updates\update-1200\db\1200\Inc\all

and delete all of the files in there. This should remove the blocks on the two teams, making them playable (Japan might not have enough players, depending on settings) and as a result more realistic. These changes will take effect in current games, as well as new games!

You also need to delete the same files after an update, which are in the SteamApps/common/Football Manager 2012/data/updates/*whatever update*

Last edited:
Just bumping, will need doing for the update :)

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\db\1220\lnc\all

where do i put the link ... C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\db\1220\lnc\all .... where do i put this .. it may sound stupid but i tried every where and it wont find it ... im on windows 7 by the way PPLZ HELP