Should he stay or should he go?

sam terrier

Reaction score
I'm currently managing Huddersfield Town, in The Championship, in my fourth season.

My star striker, Ruben Rochina is unsettled because he wants to play at a higher level. I have tried telling him that we want to match his expectations, tried offering an improved contract, but he is still unhappy and his form is suffering. He goal ratio is woeful and his average ratings are poor.

Is it worth trying to hang on to him in the hope that he will improve, or should I let him go and re-invest the money in a player who wants to play for me?

hi sam, in my firs season with preston i was in the same situation with ross wallace.
nearly 10 clubs were interested in signing him and got unhappy because i tried to hang on to him, as he had the most assists in the championship. hull made an offer of 4m, 2m more than his value so i decided to accept.
i managed to bring in two great replacments for him and stil have money left for the club :D.

i hope this helps you decide.

Well if his morale is low and performances are dropping. I'd re-invest, you could come across a better striker. Just get as much as you can for him, hat's what I'd do.

Booo! We Hate Preston!!!
Booo! We Hate Preston!!!
Booo! We Hate Preston!!!
Booo! We Hate Preston!!!

How old is he? btw

up the terriers!!!!!!!! sadly i find unless im performing really well, in other words unless im dominating the league your top class players do not hang round in the championship for long. If he is performing well id consider selling him whilst he is still good and you can get decent money otherwise he will loose morale and become a poorer player - however if you see yourself getting the super town into the primiership firstly ill hug you. Secondly dont sell him.