Increasing Goals From Corners

AndyCoates

Reaction score
Hello guys,
Long time reader, first time poster. Figured I'd shed some light on the long discussed heading tactics within '09.

Simply secure two players with Heading, Jumping, Strength stats on 18+ and ensure they are big guys, we're talking 6"2 and above. Federico Fazio is ideal for this but there are plenty more players out there who are equally effective.

View attachment 3819

Being on my ManUTD game this was especially easy to execute since Rio and Vidic are also great headers.

It really is as simply as setting the two big lads at 'Challenge Keeper' then distributing the other players evenly.
Ensure that your corner delivery is set to '6 Yard Box'.

View attachment 3820

As ManUTD I kept my full backs back to defend, and also let my AMC lurk outside the area, he's pinged a few in that haven't managed to hit the net from the centre backs.

N.B. Remember, your corner taker should be at least 18 in corners.

I hope your DC's end up as successful as mine!

View attachment 3821
View attachment 3822

Hope this helps guys!

Regards,
Andy

Last edited:
how do i set my players to challenge keeper as i dont know how will bew a biug help in getting me out of relegation :)cheers

Simple go to Tactics, the on the left hand side of the split view screen, select the 'View' button, and choose 'Attacking Corners' which is right at the bottom!

Enjoy!

its nothing new mate... i think. My DC score 10-20 goals in 1st season :)

It's not new but no harm in posting it for people who don't know about it.

I put four on the GK, I score about 15-20 a season too (ends up with balotelli as max assist in my season)

What I do is I keep my FB back, let all my players stand on far post, have one striker lurk ouside area (or the guy with the best long shot rating), have the other striker challange keeper, and the CB with the best Heading and Jumping rating attack near post. (I instruct my corner taker to put it in the six yard box). You now have almost all the opposition defending the far post, and leaving the near post open, except for maybe one player defending the near post.

Fantastic post, really! I've always wondered how people score so many from corners and I've never really been that bothered about tweaking them myself but will do with these instructions. Thanks Andy :D And welcome to FM Base!

Very useful post,CBs scoring lots.Mark Beevers got a hatrick in on game all from corners.

thanks andy, ive just signed a 16 year old from barnsley with corners at 20!!! so i will give it a try:D

Thanks Alot Mate! Excellent help!
Haven't tried it yet, but i have a player who should put the ball at the back of the net!
Also is there any way i can find out where and how to install skins successfully!
Sincerely
PE

first of all i know this is the tactics forum section but i was wondering if you could put up a screenshot of lionel messi , carlos tevez, bojan ,miguel veloso and igor akinfeev please of there attributes and there history please this wud be a big help for me thanks in advance

is it just me that thinks this is cheating a bit? not having a go at anyone that uses it but its not realistic is it - its pretty much just exploiting a bug in the game like a few FM's ago with the corner cheat thing.

good luck to those that use it but i think ill give it a miss and win honourably ;)

well i want to know how much this person paid for those players though

well i want to know how much this person paid for those players though

Okay. I thought you just generally wanted the screenshots. I apologise for jumping the gun there.

AndyCoates: Could you please give a rundown of how much you paid for those players?