Anyone else having problems with conceding goals??

Well finally i've got some consistency back and the game is resembling last year's FM (when your squad is on form and the best in the league then you should be able to put some kind of unbeaten run together):

View attachment 199407

Could've been a different story though as this was my first game of the season:

View attachment 199408 View attachment 199412 View attachment 199413

Their 1 shot would've been a 1 chance 1 goal bullshit if my keeper wasn't so good. Hopefully these sort of games are a rare occurance as they should be, rather than every 4-5 games like they have been in my first 2 seasons.

Liverpool 0-0 Sunderland
4 clear cut chances, 3 times hit the woodwork...lol

---------- Post added 26/10/2011 at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was 25/10/2011 at 10:45 PM ----------

I've found changing Match Prep to Attacking Movement has made a decent improvement on tacking chances so far.

I lost to yeovale who had beeen confirmed relegated from league 1. Their whole morale was low. I hav started with brentford and was top of league, 2 points clear with 5 games remaining! Season started well with my tactic. Got over excited with the hype of other peoples tactics so decided to download one. Won the first match but then got into a bad patch. Seem to be experiencing same as you guys! Their players score some screamers, loads of crosses and corners. My players always shoot straight at their keeper even tho i have put them on finishing training and PPM to place shots. Opposition always get hold of loose ball and just play right through me! :(

i have the same problem with arsenal and mertesacker is as slow as a toy car

I have the exact same problem, im developing my tactic and so far my usually sound defensive set up that i have used in every FM since 2010 has conceeded goals faster than i can keep track! 6 games played and 16 goals conceeded with Everton... Im lucky that im scoring more but does anyone have any ideas? or is it just the game being an ***?

I really wish tactics were not the core of the game. IMO tactics should be very simple (pre-set ones) and the game had more to do with coaching the players and interactivity with the assistant manager to beat your next opponent.

But I find it's like the old days still. Spending FAR FAR too much time trying to create a magic tactic because whatever I do or try, I just concede too many goals and lose too many times.

I really wish tactics were not the core of the game. IMO tactics should be very simple (pre-set ones) and the game had more to do with coaching the players and interactivity with the assistant manager to beat your next opponent.

But I find it's like the old days still. Spending FAR FAR too much time trying to create a magic tactic because whatever I do or try, I just concede too many goals and lose too many times.

I would say that this is exactly the state the game is in now. The best results gained for me is when not tikering too much with the sliders but instead just use a plain approach and using the roles that suits the players, also making sure that their is balance amongst them

I would say that this is exactly the state the game is in now. The best results gained for me is when not tikering too much with the sliders but instead just use a plain approach and using the roles that suits the players, also making sure that their is balance amongst them

So just using a default 442 tactic for example and having more players as support/ automatic for a control tactic?

Im not really criticising the game, I just want to play it without being demoralised and wanting to smash my laptop lol.

So just using a default 442 tactic for example and having more players as support/ automatic for a control tactic?

Im not really criticising the game, I just want to play it without being demoralised and wanting to smash my laptop lol.

Basiclly, I setup my tactic by using these steps.

- Make a SWOT of the team so that you know what your strengths and weaknesses, and what you can expect from the flow of the game.

- From this SWOT and the general status or the club, I decide upon the goal i want to achieve the coming season

- With this decided, I decide on what kind of approach within what formation that is likely to see us fulfill our goals

- Next, I setup a tactic with the TC, keeping things really simple, no extremes, that's what the shouts are for.

- Next, its the roles. here, i make sure that there is a balance between the appraoch and the roles. I make sure that IF we are sitting back/deep playing on the counter, we HAVE to use players in the center that are breaking up attacks, meaning that even though I have a great deeplying and an advanced PLM, I cant use those roles withing this approach. Instead, I would have to use perhaps one Ballwinner and one Defensive mid, making sure that the wingers are acting more like box2box wide midfielders etc. Obviously, if this means that we cant play most of our players in a way that gets the best out of them, then the approach is probably incorrect

- Then I play a few games and see what players handle their roles good and which simply cant handle it.

Last edited: