anthonydunn87

Reaction score
I know that there are players who you can use as inside forwards with success but are there any players whose best role is shown as being an inside forward I am yet to see one.

Don't think so. But anyone with the opposite foot and the PPM cut inside is a good IF imo..

Do you have any favourites? Im looking to introduce inside forwards into my Twente team but not sure on who to get yet still having a look round.

Do you have any favourites? Im looking to introduce inside forwards into my Twente team but not sure on who to get yet still having a look round.

Right: Douglas Costa, Hulk, Robben, Di Maria, Gaitan, Schurrle, Shaqiri

Left: Neymar, Willian, Hazard, Gotze, Muniain, Hamsik, Suarez, Menez, Kadlec, Villa

Some of them has to be retrained on the opposite natural foot position (they are already pretty close to be natural on the position), and need to learn "cut inside".

Other players are great too being on the same Attacking Midfield spot as their natural foot: Lavezzi, Mata, Sanchez, Nani, Reus, Rodriguez (James), Sosa...

In case you play in a formation with 3 strikers type (with 2 of them on the Attacking Midfield position), some natural strikers can be a threat coming from the side: Benzema, Balotelli, Pato, Cavani...

I would consider Schurrle an IF from the left because he is right footed but the rest of the list is very nice Medmax! :) I'm just saying because it seems that's how you made that list but on the other hand i have had succes with posting Balotelli and Jordan Ayew on the right as IF as well. On topic, Raheem Sterling is considered a 'natural' IF in my game.

Finding a left footed player who can play as AMR is really frustrating, only few can be signed with reasonable price such as Gaitan,Douglas Costa, Shaqiri while others is not available or will cost too much such as Hulk,David Silva,Mata and Robben.

@ AgentVintz, I agree with what you say but there are a couple more u might want to consider in case you want someone else than the players you mentioned. Gio Dos Santos (£4.5m) is an excellent IF. James Rodriguez can be easily retrained there as well and can be bought for about £9m after season 1. Magaye Gueye is worth a shout as well allthough I have seen his asking price vary between £5m and £20m. Nicolas Lodeiro can be retrained to AMR as well, if you unsettle him you can get him as cheap as £2m at the start of the game since his contract is about to epire. If you want a more 'striker-like' IF with less creativity there is Daniel Sturridge who I have bought for £2.5m after the first season or Andriy Yarmolenko who does an excellent job as IF from the right (£10m). Adam Johnson mostly gets thrown on the transfer list after a season. (£4.5m)

Good luck.

Last edited:
All great replies thanks but I don't think any of them will come to FC Twente.

I'm top after 26 games and going well in cup comps, I dropped out of champs league even though I got 10 points but beat FC Basel in 1st knockout round of Europa and am currently 2-0 after first leg of 2nd knockout round against Schalke which surprised me.

Hopefully if I stay on course for a good season I may be able to attract a better calibre of player in the summer. I should finish the season tonight after work so will get scouting then.

diego perotti can be used as one, for about 11m and hes a top player. hazard and douglas costa are worth a shout if you have enough money

You can try with Borini. Takes awhile to make the AMR possition natural for him, increase his quickness and learn the correct PPMs, but 17 finishing is a no joke. I think you can take him for free after 6 months or 1 year in the game. Started to score like a beast in my 3rd year of my Roma save, although I play with no forward at all.

Championship : (low rep)
If you want balance score-assist : Fleck (AML-loan)-Bressan (AMR-1mil)
For goals : Mouche (AML-200k)-Soukouna(AMR-free)

PRM :
Many many good suggestions for you in this thread.

you should definitely try Scott Sinclair. he is having a stormer of a season for me at Celtic (im in my second season). his average rating halfway through the season is 7.93. he scored the double which helped me beat ManUtd 3-1 in the champions league group stage, and he basically was one of the main reasons i made it into the knockout round in only my second season (first in the cl) despite having manutd and shakhtar in my group. definitely get Sinclair if you can, he will not disappoint.

Elkeson is an amazing inside forward on the left side and Jano as well when you develop him

Hulk is definitely the best IF I've seen, expensive though, but he literally scores for fun. On 11 I had Cavani up front for my Arsenal team so played RVP (when he wasn't injured) at AMR, that was a deadly combination, goals galore.

I recommend "Robbery" aka. Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery. They have been excellent in my Bayern Munich game! Franck Ribery has an average rating of 8.04 and Arjen Robben 8.26 and 12 league goals. Absolutely amazing.