Installing option files on PS2 (PES 11)?

curtis290

Reaction score
Hi, sorry for the dumb question but I've never owned a console before and I'm buying a used PS2 tomorrow. I don't know anything about consoles or option files for consoles. I already found and downloaded an option file for PES 11 that installs the Argentine league in place of the Dutch league (Boca and River are already in one of the 'other leagues'). The site I got it from didn't really have good instructions and it's an .rar file that has a few different forms of the OF, I think. One folder is labeled in Spanish ".bin format for recording on a CD or DVD" and contains a .bin file and a .cue file. Another says 'for ArMax' and has a file with a .max extension. Another is for 'Uluanchef,' which contains a folder entitled 'BESLES-556382011OPT' which contains a file of the same name, an icon.sys* file and a icon_view* file. Another folder is called 'other formats' and contains files with .cbs, .xps, and .npo extensions.

Can someone explain to me exactly how to do this? Do I need to rip the PES disc onto my computer, replace some files with the ones I downloaded, burn it onto a DVD, and then play using that version? If not, what exactly do I need to buy to do this? I read something about a Max Drive, is this something I have to buy? And what is this BESLES version of the game? I think I heard something along the lines of it being a different version of the game.

Also, there are lots of other mods I was thinking about getting, for example, commentary, stadiums, maybe even adboards...can I just download these separately and it'll work OK? How exactly do you do this?

Also, is it possible to mix and match option files at all? This OF is perfect but it does get rid of all the Dutch teams, and when I play the Champions League I'll want to have Ajax and FC Twente...would it be complicated to put these two teams somewhere in there? Maybe replacing one of the small European teams in other leagues A or B?

And one last question, from what I understand the Copa Libertadores teams are unavailable outside of the Copa Libertadores mode (though I've heard there are ways to unlock it), but can you put in other teams into the Copa Libertadores? Or can you only use the Copa Libertadores teams? I ask because I'd want to put in the Argentine teams in the 2011 Libertadores that aren't in the game's Libertadores mode (which has teams from the 2010 Libertadores).

Thanks!

Edit: also, how do I know what version of PES I'm getting? I'm in Asia and I need to buy the European version but I'm not sure what they sell here...how can I tell which version it is?

Last edited: