Inter Milan president maintains Capello interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFC1992

Banned
Reaction score
Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti is seeking a coach with Champions League experience to replace Jose Mourinho and has confirmed current England boss Fabio Capello is in his thoughts.

Mourinho's departure from Inter to Real Madrid is currently at a stalemate as the Nerazzurri and the Portuguese continue to haggle over the financial terms of his release.

But Moratti has already started the process of finding a replacement and Capello is on the short-list. Capello, who had great success at the city's other club AC Milan in the early 1990s, has already distanced himself from a return to the San Siro but that has not deterred Moratti.

"He is one of the candidates," Moratti told Gazzetta TV. "But I have not made a decision. Should Mourinho leave, my duty is to find a coach that is serious and has experience, for example, in the Champions League. I think many coaches have a desire to collaborate with Inter.''

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola and former Roma boss Luciano Spalletti, currently at Zenit St Petersburg, have also been linked by the Italian press with the Inter hotseat.

"We thought about Guardiola,'' Moratti on Gazzetta TV."But he is very much linked with Barcelona and I don't think he will move for money. Spalletti did very well at Roma and he has done well in Russia. But I think Spalletti's intentions are to stay there.''

Status
Not open for further replies.