International and Club Management

• Thread starter Thread starter rsp2010
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4K

rsp2010

Reaction score
Hey guys
I was just wondering whether there is a way to start/create a game as an international and club manager on FM2010 as you can do on Championship Manager 10, rather than being one or the other and then being offered a job as the other.
I want to be Tottenham and England, is there anyway to do this, even with an editor?
Thanks for your help :)

As far as I know, this cannot be done. A shame really, I would've like to have started both American Samoa and Celtic manager. :P

on the subject of international manager.

Do players at your club ever get upset when you take on an International job?

Surely the logistics of being a club manager in Europe and say a manager of a South American nation would make it pretty hard to do a good job and your players and more likely board would get annoyed with your lack of commitment to the club?

on the subject of international manager.

Do players at your club ever get upset when you take on an International job?

Surely the logistics of being a club manager in Europe and say a manager of a South American nation would make it pretty hard to do a good job and your players and more likely board would get annoyed with your lack of commitment to the club?

ive never had players get upset about this, and for the past 3 seasons ive been swanning around thailand for 6 months of the year in charge of the national side whislt my asistant handles things back at tranmere lol.....

the only time ive had a player get upset is as england manager, i stopped picking ferdiand as he was 33 and i needed to give youngsters experieince for the long term helath of the team, after not being pikced for 3 squads in a row rio came out in the media saying he felt victimized

so while you were international manager are you still able to turn up and deal with every game.

Ie; be in Thailand on Friday night and manage your club on Saturday?

I was tempted with the Brazil job in the summer for Copa America but didn't really want to disrupt my preseason or upset any players or board.

so while you were international manager are you still able to turn up and deal with every game.

Ie; be in Thailand on Friday night and manage your club on Saturday?

I was tempted with the Brazil job in the summer for Copa America but didn't really want to disrupt my preseason or upset any players or board.

yeah, i mean as thailand i havent made a major tournament yet, my brief was just to improve the fifa ranking and prestige of the national team.

but major tournaments by and large are in the closed season (for the english leagues at least) and even if international games are due to take place then there is almost always an interntaional break to allow international fixtures to be played during a doemstic season. if the players can play for their club and their country in the same week during the league season, then i can manage both at the same time. its a tad unrealistic i know but so far ive never ahd a problem being in charge of anation and a club at the same time

The only way it's possible to be both club and international manager is by having 2 separate managers. That will involve a lot of switching managers though as if you were doing a double game

The only way it's possible to be both club and international manager is by having 2 separate managers. That will involve a lot of switching managers though as if you were doing a double game

eh? im england and man utd as one manager and tranmere and thailand as one manager

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

oh. you mean at the start of a game.....:P

eh? im england and man utd as one manager and tranmere and thailand as one manager

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

oh. you mean at the start of a game.....:P

Yep :P

Back