International Management

ChrisMorgan

Reaction score
Now i know that you can manage a club and country and you can search for vacant club managerial positions. But is it possible to search for international vacancies as id quite like to manage a country too.

Cheers :)

If you go to the page where you check for club vacancies and click the division bar twice, it will list the international ones first and whether any are available:

picture.php
Hope this helps :D

If you go to the page where you check for club vacancies and click the division bar twice, it will list the international ones first and whether any are available:

picture.php
Hope this helps :D

I did actually notice before however i didnt realise it told you if any are available. Thanks. :D

No problem. Hope you find a decent international team to manage.:)

is anyone doing this at the mo? managing a club team and national?
i've done it on previous versions but not tried it on this one yet. any good?

too much hard work for me, I tried romania while managing everton but was too much so i quit

Aston Villa and Paraguay for me lol! 4th Season! Think its quiet good fun, going to try sign up a few nutty Paraguians

Yeah I was Liverpool manager and got offered the part of temporary England manager. This came as a surprise because I never knew you could be offered a temporary job. Anyway I joined an England werw 3rd in their qualifying group for the 2012 Euro's, I finished 2nd and won my play-off against Turkey and made the Euro's. Got to the semi finals an was knocked out by Holland. Then they offered me the job.

On FM 08 I did a lot of international Management, Rooney and Ashton were beasts.

I haven't done International Management on FM 09 yet, but I've had two offers from Croatia and at the end of the Euro 2012's I got offered the England job. I rejected it to concentrate on maintaining the Premier League after finally ending a 22 wait for the league at Liverpool. Paul Ince got the England job and he's doing well with England.

Btw, I doubt i'll maintain the title. Eight points off Arsenal in first place who have been unstopable, still is hope. They play my Liverpool team and Utd towards the end of the season.

I love managing International team's I've managed Hungary and Israel and find it to be a very good way of finding really good players from those countries that I can sign for my club team. Like managing Israel that's where I found Toto Tamuz the guy is a quality player and for Hungary that's were I saw Krisztian Nemeth shine and score 4 goals in his first 3 international game's. All this aside though it's fun to manage international teams cause it's kinda like a detour away from club management and can be kinda fun finding the best of the best from a single nation.

how do you manage an international team on football manager handheld 2009:D

Managing Liverpool and Italy in my 4th Season.

Make's it more interesting imo. Was getting bored of Liverpool and expecting wins and was considering resigning and finding a job elsewhere ... then Italy,England and Sweden managers got fired so chose Italy and the games no longer boring.

Do people generally use the same tactic for the National team as they do for the club? And has anybody managed Italy before, and what sort of tactic did they use?

i managed newcastle and czech republic. I came 6th with newcastle in the Premiership and i came runners up in the World Cup with Czech Republic.

I was Liverpool and was Portugals manager for the world cup qualifying, won all my first 5 games then got bored so i resigned lol

i managed both england and arsenal in fm08 and i've done the same in fm09 its really fun i would recommendit to anyone inmy 4th season

In my game I applied for the vacant Senegal job right at the start and got it while also manager of Newcaste. Won the african naions cup and got to semi-final of world cup. Then got offered Brazil and Portugal jobs and took Brazil, but as they were hosting the next World Cup they had no qualifiers and just friendlies so it was boring.

Can anyone recommend any decent tactics suited to international management? my club tactics arent working great and you have less time and scope to try them out.

Managing bosnia, have some decent players going forward but very suspect at the back... we're underdogs in our group but dont have the defensive clout suited to a absorbing\counter attacking system....

I was manager of Scotland and won the 2010 world cup just shows you its a computer game.

quitting

how do i quit an international team i am swansea city and ivory coast and i have just finished the african cup of nations and i want to resign from the ivory coast but i cant find how to