iPod Touch 4th Generation

*Paul*

Reaction score
I am getting an iPod Touch 4th generation soon, my mum has offered to pay £100 of it, and I have around £130 to spend (remember I have to spend money on Apps too, maybe around £30, although I will get iTunes vouchers for Christmas), although I could get more.

I was wondering, if the 4th generation is worth it, what apps I should get, what accessories and should I get 8GB/32GB. I'll only have about 50 songs, maybe 10 (10 minute) videos and not many photos as I don't like taking random photos.

Should I get official accessories (rip off!) or some cheapskate accessories off Amazon? I'm wondering, how much room would FM Handheld, Need for Speed, COD Zombies, etc. take up?

8GB currently costs £161 on Amazon, 32GB costs £226. Or do you think I should get a earlier generation one/wait for a new one to come out? I don't really want to wait very long, really want one of these.

Thanks,
*Paul*

P.S. Please comment only if you actually know about the iPod Touch 4th Generation, or if you own one :). Oh, and do you think I should get warranty/jailbreak it?

Last edited:
If you have only 50 songs, you might aswell get the 8gb Touch.

I have a 8gb 4th gen Touch and I have about 120 songs on it, and alot of apps and it's not run out or near running out of space.

Do you have FM, COD Zombies, Need for Speed? What is the biggest app there is, do you know, or the biggest sized app you have?

Do you have FM, COD Zombies, Need for Speed? What is the biggest app there is, do you know, or the biggest sized app you have?

8GB will be plenty of space for all of them trust me

They won't take up much space but those apps aren't the greatest. Much better apps available imo.

They won't take up much space but those apps aren't the greatest. Much better apps available imo.
Please name all the good/cheap apps you know :) or link me towards a good article.

A couple good apps are angry birds, falldown,fruitninja and you get soundboards.

mate 8gb will be well enough memory i have 225 songs Cod Zombies, FM Handheld, Fight Night and Tiger woods and still have a lot of memory left

Make sure you get Cliff Diver and Stick cricket. Both apps are sick. :)

And Worms!!

Cheers for all the help guys, but can any of you answer the other questions? Just worried about memory because reviews on Amazon said it is not enough/my friends saying it is not enough.

And on jailbreaking there is a lot of benifits and negatives to it. Negatives would be it voids the warranty and you may brick your ipod (but is reversible if you do).Positives would be you can get apps and tweaks that apple have not allowed. Eg youtube downloaders and Rom emulators. You can also get free apps if you add the right sources.

Well mine has 60 songs and 4 pages of apps and I still have plenty of memory left.

Please name all the good/cheap apps you know :) or link me towards a good article.

Falldown, iCopter, Angry Birds, Labyrinth 1 & 2, Traffic Rush, ESPN Goals, Papi Jump, Doodle Jump, Stick Cricket, Paper Toss, Backbreaker and Flight Control.

Is jailbreaking hard? And what do you mean by brick my iPod? And how is it reversible?

A bricked ipod is when the The apple logo gets stuck on the ipod screen and it won't respond but if it happens you connect the ipod to the computer and set to restore to factory settings. People who brick their ipods tend to have over 7-8 tweaks running which mess with the system.
Jailbreaking is not difficult it is just transferring a new app store called cydia on to the ipod but you cant update your ipod or else apple remove Cydia and the apps

I have an 80gb Classic but I have around 15k songs, you will have enough memory with 8gb and the apps mentioned are mostly good, especially stick cricket :wub:

about accessories. I would get a cheap case just to prevent scratching and a screen protector to stop the screen getting scratches. Screen protectors are cheap there are a variety of cases you can buy, depending on your taste. I bought these headphones instead of crappy apple ones and they have been great.

about accessories. I would get a cheap case just to prevent scratching and a screen protector to stop the screen getting scratches. Screen protectors are cheap there are a variety of cases you can buy, depending on your taste. I bought these headphones instead of crappy apple ones and they have been great.
They are pretty dear, as I can get iPod headphones for about £3, but I will consider it. I have some cool DJ headphones, which I got for £40, and some cheap iPod ones which I got with my Shuffle which I can use in school :). Do you think they are really worth £14 though, considering I am skint and I don't get pocket money p/w, only for good test results (hardly ever happens) and at festivals?

They are pretty dear, as I can get iPod headphones for about £3, but I will consider it. I have some cool DJ headphones, which I got for £40, and some cheap iPod ones which I got with my Shuffle which I can use in school :). Do you think they are really worth £14 though, considering I am skint and I don't get pocket money p/w, only for good test results (hardly ever happens) and at festivals?

they are a lot better than the ipod ones, as you can see from the many positive reviews but really it's all down to what you wanna spend. You're already paying a fair bit for the ipod, what's another £10-£15 ;) I have a job so money is not as much an issue for me but its all down to what you wanna spend your money on