Is it time to relieve arsene wenger of his duties

jamespir

Reaction score
im not a arsenal fan but seeing arsenal leave another competion in the last three weeeks cant help thinking it should be time up for Wenger

they have not won anything since 2005 (correct me if im wrong i got info from google)
but yet wenger still has his job

is being in the top four good enough or should you be winning trophies

you have some amazing players but they always fall foul when it comes to silver ware

do you think he should go and who could replace him

What he has done for the club is phenomenal. To sack him would be a complete joke.

No. He shouldn't. He's been at Arsenal long enough to know that, although being knocked out of three competitions in a two-three weeks doesn't mean that it is the be-all-end-all of the season. Funny how I say that. But there is still a Premier League title to catch, and Manchester United's win, should have, made them hungrier.

Wenger has been at the club now for what, 13 years? Started in the early-to-mind 1990's, and has achieved success. Yes, he is going through a rough patch, and the Champions League, Carling Cup and F.A. Cup are no longer in his grasp, but the one thing that would top a poor half-a-decade, trophyless, would be to win the Premier League itself. Getting one over Manchester United, his arch-rival Sir Alex, and the people who doubted their abilities.

He has mentioned before that he is looking to hang up his coat (pun) in the next few years anyway, so it would be hasty of the Arsenal board to sack him before then - and even so, dishearten the fans, the players and everyone at the club. It would be the last thing to do.

If they had faith in him to do the job in the first place, why not now?

When he wins the league everyone will love him though ;) (I hope...)

Rather harsh to say he needs to be relieved. Still can win the Premier League title considering that now they can focus on it more. And they have been playing better than recent seasons.
Maybe after next season if he hasn't won something then sure, maybe start looking into finding another Manager.

No why the **** would he leave or sack him

we can still win the league

arsene is a legend :wub:

i know united have had a couple of bad results but i cant see them being beaten to the title

After the Barca game there were some fans on the radio saying the same thing. Ther quotes were along the lines of if United, Madrid, Barcelona or any of the top sides went 6 years without a trophy they would of moved their managers on a while ago so why not Wenger.

Personally keep him on. Six winless years could turn into seven, eight, nine.

Last edited:
If he doesn't win anyhing NEXT season, Arsenal will most likely look for another manager. Hardly possible though, since the #1 priority at our club is PROFIT not trophies and on-pitch success. :'(

No. He's achieved an amazing amount at Arsenal, and we're one of the most consistent clubs in Europe. We were knocked out of the CL by a very good Barca side & an inspired Brum side beat us in the final with a bit of help from a major ****-up that has nothing to do with Arsene.

Today was disappointing for all Gooners, but unfortunately, football fans are amazingly fickle.

Any Arsenal fan that says he should go, well it's frankly ridiculous. I'm not a Gunners fan, but he's done a remarkable job at the club. It's not his fault that the players bottle it some times, or can't get the goals to finish off teams. Some quite clearly struggle with pressure, so its not entirely his fault. Are the other coaching staff doing what they're supposed to be doing? So it lay all the blame at Wengers feet is just downright silly. Got nothing but respect for the guy

No why the **** would he leave or sack him

we can still win the league

arsene is a legend :wub:

he an amazing manager but 6 years without a trophy surely something you should be worrying about

I think he has been with Arsenal for too long to be sacked now. Also, even though he hasnt won a single title for almost 6 years now, he can still show that he can win titles and achieve more success with Arsenal.

No. Hes done a great job, just needs to sign a CB and a forward with balls and everything will be grand. Doing a good job, just others are doing better jobs.

Any Arsenal fan that says he should go, well it's frankly ridiculous. I'm not a Gunners fan, but he's done a remarkable job at the club. It's not his fault that the players bottle it some times, or can't get the goals to finish off teams. Some quite clearly struggle with pressure, so its not entirely his fault. Are the other coaching staff doing what they're supposed to be doing? So it lay all the blame at Wengers feet is just downright silly. Got nothing but respect for the guy

the whole team is to blame but the manager has to be culprable

shouldnt sack him but if they do they should get me

i won the quadruple...

....well on fm i did with arsenal

the whole team is to blame but the manager has to be culprable
not just the manager though. Coaching staff have a role to play, as does assistant manager, with man management skills, and mental skills.