is this a bug, or are all my penalty takers retarded?

Thoreli

Reaction score
always when a penalty hits the post for me, nobody goes in and tries to get the rebound, the one taking the penalty just stands there, i was wondering does this happen to you or is this just a stupid bug?

never really had that tbh alot of the time i score but when i really need them to go in they never do but there again i have just beat zenit in the super cup final on pens so yano

When I first got the game I started with Villa (the team I support) and in my first season I had 8 or 9 penalties and only scored one of them. In one game, vs Bolton, I got 3 penalties in 3 minutes, i kid you not, and barry missed all 3.

Since I moved down to LLM I don't have that problem, so i don't know if it s a bug or just unlucky, but I definitely ahd a similar problem.

My biggest annoyance now (not a huge problem, just annoying) is that in a couple of seasons with Villa and 4 seasons in LLM I don't think any of my keepers have ever saved a penalty (except in shotouts)

I completely agree, they're retards and just stand there gnawing on their own shoulders.

The reason the penalty taker doesn't follow up the rebound directly from the post is because the penalty taker cannot touch the ball a second time directly after taking the penalty (without conceding an indirect free kick). Therefore, it is probably built into the game that the penalty taker would realise this and leave the rebound (however unlikely this would be in real life!)