Italian National Team Euro 2012 Tactic by Raikan007

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 21K

Raikan007

Reaction score
After watching the latter stages of Italy's progression in the tournament, especially against a woeful England team, I could not help but admire the Italians on the evening! The way how they moved the ball around and how they defended was a mixture of Mourinho's/Guardiola's/Del Bosque's etc style of play! Good movement, passing and defending!

I decided to try and replicate the exact formation and style of play from that evening, I have yet to perfect it and probably wont, but it is here for you just to have some fun with (if you want to) or use in your current game etc..

I am not going to do a whole OP like I normally do for my released tactics, but a few SS will suffice I hope :)

Formation & Instructions:

View attachment 255972

Results so far:

View attachment 255968View attachment 255969View attachment 255970View attachment 255973View attachment 255974View attachment 255975View attachment 255976

Touchline Shouts:

View attachment 255978

Download:

Italian National Team Euro 2012 Tactic by Raikan00 - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

Use Assistant Managers opposition instructions, any size pitch as well :)

This is not guarnteed to work at all, its playing some really good footie now, the tactic fluidity is barely even a halfway! So it should only get better!

looks good I'll download, but would like to ask you a question, but you get tactic achieves the best version of Andrea Pirlo

Yeah I think so, he gets around 40-70 passes a game, not as many key passes as I would like at the moment though.. but I am sure in time he will!

Yeah I think so, he gets around 40-70 passes a game, not as many key passes as I would like at the moment though.. but I am sure in time he will!

It was very smart how they had their defensive line pushed so high up as well as they knew it would camp England in their own half, which worked so well especially as the game went on and England ran out of legs after chasing shadows for so long. England can not have a high defensive line either due to Terry, which always lead to no sustained pressure like the Italians got.

Italian tactic is normally around 700 passes !

I take your tactic and i will try to improve it !

Sorry for my english, i'm French ;)

Trying this out with West Ham played a couple of friendlies so far and won both of them only concern was my second match against FC Copenhagen I ended up with four injured players three of which are out for four weeks or more. I did try this tatic with Olafsvik who play in the Icelandic 1st division but didn't do anything with it I had way to many yellow and red cards so maybe works best with bigger teams.

Oh and for match preparation I'm using average defensive positioning.

I tried uploading Italian tactic I found on FMBlog, but my post was not published. Guess I can't upload others tactic :S Anyways if you want to take a look at it it's here.

my slight prob with it is that the playmaker is the targetman aswell. dont you think it can get concested and they dont shoot to much and pass alot

Will you be doing the other formation where they play four at the back instead? 4-1-3-2?

but as cutting the circuit? ... something that has italy is the ability to disable the attack rival, and a solid defense, which of the two is better 4-1-3-2 or 3-1-4-2, to achieve what I said?

Cant help admire the way Italians doesn't seem boring any more and Pirlo has always been good but he looks extraordinary this tournament.

Been starting to have alot of impressive results lately, 2-1, 4-0, 3-0, 3-0... Have not lost a match yet this year.

Back