Jake89

FM or Revision? Hmm.....
Reaction score
Hey guys, was hoping some people would like to give this tactic a go for me, as I have had great success with it playing as Birmingham. I finished 10th in the 1st and 2nd seasons, and then using this tactic I miraculously won the Premier League in the 3rd season, with a far from fantastic team!

I would say the tactic is more of a 433 than a 451 because the Inside Forwards in the AMR and AML slots love to get in the box and bagged themselves a number of goals and assists. The main contribution for the success of this tactic was the front 3. I had Zigic as the Advanced Forward and he held up the play waiting for the CM's and Inside Forwards to get up and support him. He finished the season with 27 goals and 10 assists in 38 games, a brilliant return from the 31 year old.

I then had Neymar and Albin as the Inside Forwards, both with good pace, creativity, finishing, dribbling, first touch, long shots, passing, technique, flair, off the ball, decisions and agility.

Albin signed in January and in 19 games got himself 7 goals and 9 assists, with Neymar getting 15 goals and 18 assists in 40 games.

A lot of goals also come from the Centre Midfielders. The first choice CM's from last season were James Rodriguez and Luis Jiminez, both with great creativity and passing. Rodriguez scored a fantastic 16 goals and also got 13 assists, just at 20 years of age.

Here are some screenshots of the tactics:

View attachment 80590View attachment 80591

View attachment 80592View attachment 80593

View attachment 80594View attachment 80595

View attachment 80596View attachment 80597

View attachment 80598

The only additions to the squad from last season are Gourcuff and Babel, so as you can see it was not a great squad but achieved fantastic things!

I hope you will give these tactics a go, and please please please report back with any feedback, good or bad!

Download here : http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=2721

Last edited:
Thanks, if anybody wants any additional information or screenshots then feel free to request them :)

This is a great tactic

The first game I played was against Chelsea. Behrami and Faubert worked well on the wings as inside forwards and we won the game 2-0. We are currently 5th in the league and have conceded 1 in 6 games, being unbeaten in the process. The dropped points are a draw at home to spurs and a draw away at Arsenal. It is a great tactic. I strongly recommend downloading it now.

Thanks mjt :) Hopefully some other people will give it a go!

Im going to try this with Birmingham like you so out of interest can you post up your transfers for each season please mate

Don't have the game loaded up at the moment but from seeing the squad you should be able to gather who will join you at the start and who you need to boost your rep to sign.

Would be better if people could test it with other teams too, if anybody is interested?

i will another time need a challenge and they only just got promoted(on game) so they would be good team to be :p

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

did you use chriss 22 update?

Nope I used a few of my own transfers that have been compelted, mainly from Prem and top European Leagues.

I think i'm doing it wrong....

hy m8, i am using u'r strategy for about 5 games now and i didn't had one win..... i know there is something wrong, but i can't find what exactly. could u give me a few more general tips about how should i use this tactic in order to work? tks!

Thank you for your first tactic.

Ivory Coast, and I played with in my career in the World Cup finals in groups and trophies, I went first. I met with the Brazilian in the final. I lost the final 1-0, but the team did very well. Taktiğiiz really good. Thank you.

Should be pretty much plug and play providing you have the right players. Post a screenshot of your team and where you are playing the players and maybe I can help.

Thanx Jack, I'll try Besiktas and Denmark national team and feedback the results.

Ok thanks, the Inside Forwards are the key part of the formation I would say, they provide the assists and a good share of the goal.

I don't really use them, personal preference I guess.

Thank you for your first tactic.

Ivory Coast, and I played with in my career in the World Cup finals in groups and trophies, I went first. I met with the Brazilian in the final. I lost the final 1-0, but the team did very well. Taktiğiiz really good. Thank you.

That's good, well done :)

will try this out with Boro mate :)

Cheers mate, keep me updated on how its going :)

The DM is now a Defensive Midfielder on my game, or possibly an anchor man. Think it works better than the deep lying playmaker.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:38 PM ----------

Pushing 300 downloads and not many comments! How are people doing with these tactics? I need to know where they can be improved etc..

Last edited:
Decided to test the tactic with a new team and chose the recent underperforming England, to see if I could do a better job than a certain Mr. Capello. The results have been fantastic and in 3 games we have picked up 3 great wins. We have been solid at the back whilst also a huge attacking force, scoring 12 goals in 3 games against some decent opposition. Here are the screenshots of the games and the players used:

View attachment 81647

View attachment 81648

View attachment 81649

Tried playing Rooney as the advanced forward in the second game in replacement of Crouch, as Rooney was injured for the first game. We were playing poor so I decided to bring Crouch on at HT and he again was fantastic. I think a big target man who can bring other players in is a lot more effective with this tactic, e.g. Zigic with Birmingham.

Will continue going with England and I think we have a great chance of winning the World Cup with the way we are playing at the moment.

hmm,good tactic.Try on my England.First result
6oiq6b.jpg

Last edited: