The Carlos Tevez thread

My opinion on Tevez..

• Total voters
Could have sworn that Cerci was a winger not a forward? :/

Anyway, thinks he's an **** but don't think they should sell him. Think they should sit him in the reserves for the remainder of his contract and find a way to fine him as much as possible as often as possible. If they get rid of him he's getting exactly what he wants. Ban him from training to keep morale up in the team. Make an example out of him. Complete ******.

If he won't play first team, why would he play reserves though?

Was i talking about stats? I said my opinion, City would play better without Tevez. As you have seen this season, the form in the league has been better than at the start of last season. You said my tune has changed, what has stats got to do with that you moron?

Of course you're playing better this year than the last! You've bought in Sergio Aguero and Samir Nasri, and Mancini's now decided that he wants to play good football with the players at his disposal.

Your tune has changed. Last year he was amazing yet now he's an awful player after what? Being given one start in the league. The stats were proving to you how wrong you were.

He is. But he is a versatile one and can play on the wing aswell as behind the striker. Even as a striker.

Even though he's never played behind the striker in his life and hasn't played as a striker for about four years now. It'd be like calling Henry a winger.

Have you seen Cerci play recently? He was one of the best players on the pitch against Napoli and had before that scored in something like 7 serie a games in a row.

He has scored two goals in four league games this season. Hardly prolific. And yes he was good against Napoli, however that was largely down to the tactics of Mihajlovic and his exploitation of Napoli's 3 man defence. His direct opponent was Ignacio Fideleff who didn't exactly have a brilliant game did he?

used him as example because Mancini wanted him and probably still does.

The reliable sources that have reported this transfer story:

Eye football - football news | Man City tracking Alessio Cerci
Daily Mirror - Transfer news: Manchester City want Fiorentina's Alessio Cerci as Roberto Mancini calls winger extraordinary - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk
Metro - Manchester City move for Alessio Cerci foiled by Fiorentina peace pact | Metro.co.uk
Talksport - Magazine: talkSPORT transfer spotlight: Manchester City target Alessio Cerci stats, facts and video | Radio talkSPORT
And everybodys favourite; Goal.com - Manchester City target Alessio Cerci, Stefan Savic and Sergio Romero - report - Goal.com

My opinion is that Tevez is useless for City now. If you have seen him play this season....he has been awful apart from the wigan game in which he was decent. But missed a penalty too.

He's not played badly when he's came on, granted he hasn't been the player he was last season, but as a fourth choice striker - If you look at the squads in world football, there currently isn't a better one.

He knows he is just back-up now and doesn't seem to be interested in oming off the bench or playing cup games. I tihnk Cerci would be a much better 4th choice forward. Or someone else...who atleast gives a ****....

Cerci? The same Cerci who is a winger right?

0Ps. Where did that ***** CJ go? Owned.

He just replied to you.

He's a ****.

Beat me to it you *******.

sack & sue for breach of contract. like Chelsea did with Mutu.

Of course you're playing better this year than the last! You've bought in Sergio Aguero and Samir Nasri, and Mancini's now decided that he wants to play good football with the players at his disposal.

Your tune has changed. Last year he was amazing yet now he's an awful player after what? Being given one start in the league. The stats were proving to you how wrong you were.

As i said.....i have never really been a fan of Tevez. Last season City got better results without Tevez. But my opinion has always been that City will play better without him as a team. You just had to give Mancini time. Now you see what he is doing.

You said my tune has changed but it hasn't. So stop whinging about that. I dunno why you even got involved in this. A certain reason maybe? Are you bitter or something? Because i dont know why you would get so angry at me just because i call Tevez an "awful player".

Ps. Alex, reliable sources? How about this: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11854_7160883,00.html?

Last edited:
Even though he's never played behind the striker in his life and hasn't played as a striker for about four years now. It'd be like calling Henry a winger.
BUT, BUT, HE'S ACCOMPLISHED AS A STRIKER IN FM! AND A YELLOW DOT AS AN AMC! MANCINI, FLORENTINO, GET HIM, NOW!

He's a great player but clearly in football for the wrong reasons, he only cares about himself not the club or his team mates.

Man City should fine him heavily and let him rott for the rest of his contract or sack him and any club that want to sign him should only offer him MAX WAGES of up to 1,000 if that.

Hope Man City make an example out of him.

Sky sports jump on any old bandwagon; they can be as bad as the others. Fair enough if you're interested but I can't see it. I also watched Napoli Fiorentina on the weekend, he wasn't that great. And to say he is an improvement on Tevez is proposterous.

I dont think he is a better footballer than Tevez. But i think there are players (like Cerci) as Mancini said there, can change a game when he comes on. Tevez will not be a good asset from the bench and rotation IMO. His ego can't handle that. He has looked disinterested this season.

I would much rather see someone like Cerci in the squad than Tevez. Someone who wouldn't demand to start every game and who would actually do his best.

If he won't play first team, why would he play reserves though?

Not to play. Make him train with the reserves. Keep him away from the first team or he'll drag morale down. Pay him the bare minimum that they have to and just keep him away. Sacking/Selling him gives him exactly what he wants.

Not to play. Make him train with the reserves. Keep him away from the first team or he'll drag morale down. Pay him the bare minimum that they have to and just keep him away. Sacking/Selling him gives him exactly what he wants.

I wouldt even have him near the reserves. Doesnt matter if sacking or selling him gives him what he wants, getting rid of him is what is best for the club

To be honest he thinks he's that much bigger than the club he probably won't even bother training in the reserves. Rock and a hard place for Mancini now. It's obvious for Mancini that he has to get rid of the rotten apple, just a question how he handles it internally. So far it appears he's doing it the right way by how he's coming across in statements. Bigger question is: he knows he has to get rid of him, but after this, what club would be stupid enough to buy him?

He gained couple pounds pretty quick last summer. Now put him in reserves and he wont train and he'll be a ******* whale by christmas. Then kicks he's *** out and see if any team wants a new mascot.