Great tactic! After some small tweaks defensively my team is on Fire :p Van Persie is 27/25 en my AML en AMR are having like 10 goals and 10 assists. AMC is doing well with some nice assists.

Thanks for sharing!

Hi, what kind of defensive tweaks did you make!? I am leaking goals! Havnt had any luck with any tactic as yet :( seems every opposition has the majority of play, can score from just about anywhere, pass/cross to perfection, tackle my team all over the pitch and have plenty of time on the ball. I am playing as brentford, just started 2nd season in championship and have some fairly decent players. Admitedly i could have a stronger defence! But they just cant seem to do anything with the ball...even lose games they are favourites to win!! I need help making this tactic work so i can enjoy playing the rest of the game :)

team formation and positions...
View attachment 200920

transfers in...
View attachment 200921

team insructions...
View attachment 200922

Appreciate the advice guys and Raikan!!

Last edited:
Hi, what kind of defensive tweaks did you make!? I am leaking goals! Havnt had any luck with any tactic as yet :( seems every opposition has the majority of play, can score from just about anywhere, pass/cross to perfection, tackle my team all over the pitch and have plenty of time on the ball. I am playing as brentford, just started 2nd season in championship and have some fairly decent players. Admitedly i could have a stronger defence! But they just cant seem to do anything with the ball...even lose games they are favourites to win!! I need help making this tactic work so i can enjoy playing the rest of the game :)
Haven't had the chance to test this tactic through a season so far but generally speaking the best thing you can do (if you already have defenders that fit the current tactic when it comes to attributes etc.) is just put the match speed up and watch the whole match. Observe exactly what goes wrong; check how effective their marking, closing off, tackling etc. is in certain situations and their positioning and stuff. From there you I'll have to tweak the settings according to what you've seen gone wrong. Maybe they have a problem with zonal marking, not disciplined enough and stuff.

That's at least what I usually do everytime I make my own tactics or download from here. Watch the games during pre-season and a bit into the season to see how the tactic is working and from there on make tweaks to fix stuff I don't like and/or adapt it more to my own players if they differ a lot from the ones, in this case, Raikan has tested the tactic with.

Thanks man i'll give it a go. Pressing is quite high and tackling is harder but they just run alongside the opposition and when they go to tackle the either foul or miss completely leaving the attacking player clean through! As for players who are supposed to be tight marking seem to be still conceding goals by the bucket load! And shooting lol my players shoot straight at the keeper and theirs score with pretty much every shot! Maybe i just need better defenders but matterazzi cant be that bad can he!?

team formation and positions...
View attachment 200920

transfers in...
View attachment 200921

team insructions...
View attachment 200922

Appreciate the advice guys and Raikan!!

hey bud, what was your media prediction? if you were not top 10 I suggest taking the Amc and dropping him to an anchor man! this is essential for smaller teams! change fluid to balanced and play control/standard! your one Cm is barely competent in his role and this has a big effect on your game! tray playing narrow but exploiting the flanks as well :)

Haven't had the chance to test this tactic through a season so far but generally speaking the best thing you can do (if you already have defenders that fit the current tactic when it comes to attributes etc.) is just put the match speed up and watch the whole match. Observe exactly what goes wrong; check how effective their marking, closing off, tackling etc. is in certain situations and their positioning and stuff. From there you I'll have to tweak the settings according to what you've seen gone wrong. Maybe they have a problem with zonal marking, not disciplined enough and stuff.

That's at least what I usually do everytime I make my own tactics or download from here. Watch the games during pre-season and a bit into the season to see how the tactic is working and from there on make tweaks to fix stuff I don't like and/or adapt it more to my own players if they differ a lot from the ones, in this case, Raikan has tested the tactic with.

exaclty that! not every tactic is going to work as is with every team and every player! you NEED to make the correct changes to it in order to fit in with your current squad! Don't be afraid to drop the Amc into the Dm or to the 3 Cm, you can do what you want with it :)

Thanks man i'll give it a go. Pressing is quite high and tackling is harder but they just run alongside the opposition and when they go to tackle the either foul or miss completely leaving the attacking player clean through! As for players who are supposed to be tight marking seem to be still conceding goals by the bucket load! And shooting lol my players shoot straight at the keeper and theirs score with pretty much every shot! Maybe i just need better defenders but matterazzi cant be that bad can he!?

there are so many factors mate :) one or two instuctions can completely counter what you are wanting the player/team to do! I suggest just really take the time to look at your team and make the changes! I still feel this tactic is not for weak/lower league teams as the Amc is very important! and at that level you cannot and will not have a player of the required calibre...

how do I download this? I tried to download it with winrar, but that didn't work

how do I download this? I tried to download it with winrar, but that didn't work
this tactic is not in winrar! it is the tactic file extension for Fm12 :) just download it and copy and paste into mydocs/sportsinteractive/fm12/tactics

Hi Raikan, currently having ago with everton ist season, which of your tactics will help me get the best out of Tim Cahill, CCC Perfection or might and magic..cheers you are a legend.

Hi Raikan, currently having ago with everton ist season, which of your tactics will help me get the best out of Tim Cahill, CCC Perfection or might and magic..cheers you are a legend.
hey bud, if you could retrain Cahill to a striker he would rock as the Stl in M&M. for the CCC one as Amc he would be great too! set him to run from deep often and make sure there is no playmaker selected! this will allow him to arrive late! what you can also do is make him the TM - Ball to head! and make all your players (besides Cb's to cross aim to him) thats what I would do :) cheers mate

Raikan thanks for the tips mate. I'll have a play around when i got home tonight. Could you perhaps suggest a good defensive tactic i could use in the mean time? I would really love to win promotion from championship this season! Also could you offer insight as to why i cant get work permits for some brazillians i.e. Rafinha, wescley, zezinho, vitiniho (i did have him on loan for 6months last season!?)

Raikan thanks for the tips mate. I'll have a play around when i got home tonight. Could you perhaps suggest a good defensive tactic i could use in the mean time? I would really love to win promotion from championship this season! Also could you offer insight as to why i cant get work permits for some brazillians i.e. Rafinha, wescley, zezinho, vitiniho (i did have him on loan for 6months last season!?)
You can try setting strategy to Standard and maybe the fullbacks duty to support (if needed), thats what I did in some away matches and I did get a lot better results and safer backwards. This was mostly because I could control the match but would get countered because I had few defenders left in the midfield and fullbacks that couldn't get back in time or simply screwed up. So a rather quick and easy solution so far.
But then again, as mentioned, it depends on your team and players, so yeah tweak the settings one by one and put some work into it and you should be able to get a pretty optimal defense for your team. Good luck!

Gone back to my own 4132 and will work on this one. I was getting run over by everyone :( only clips of me was when they were clearing the ball upfield otherwise it was pretty much ine way traffic! At least mine has started to see us play a bit more goim forwards. Just need to ket my tweaks on now! Thanks again for the help.

hey mate :) I suggest looking at this and dropping the central cm into the dm position :) follow the link to the OP:

Short and Sweet™ - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

WP for the Championship have and always will be extremely difficult to get in comparison to the EPL! I dont think my little tricks see below work on Fm12 though!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...669-how-get-my-player-work-permit-thread.html

This tactic is fabulous, and my team performs top notch against larger teams. However; against smaller teams, teams I should be killing in a heartbeat, I have a incredibly hard time creating chances, let alone CCC's. I play without a playmaker, never do, and only apply the touch in's against smaller teams (but even without, not a chance). How would you analyze this situation?

[edit]
I checked my stats, current home record 12-3-0, away record 5-1-7.
[/edit]

Last edited:
Really need the position requirements for this. With Liverpool I can't get Gerrard to perform in AMC and my wingers aren't performing well enough either. Drawing to teams I should be winning against and generally not putting away enough chances.

Might be because of Suarez though, he really does miss alot.

Absolutely stand by it. TONS of Clear cut chances every single match. Final results:

View attachment 201476View attachment 201477View attachment 201478

Shouts: Hassle Opponent (Work ball into Box + Pass to Feet if playing with a weaker cup squad)
Strategy: Attacking (Control when playing away in Europe, Counter when defending a lead and last 15 min)
Training: High Attacking Movement in preseason, Average+No Focus thereafter
Top Scorer: Poacher, 28 goals in 33 apps (Injured). Very high scoring throughout the AM, all with 15+ goals
Top Assists: All across the AM, 20+ each.
Best against: 4-2-2-2
Worst against: 4-3-2-1

Adjustments:

1. Left wing if right footed (Ribery, Schurrle) is set to either Advanced Playmaker (if Robben is on as well) or Inverted Forward, with Attack duty. Otherwise kept to Support-type Winger.

2. Right wing if left footed (Robben) set to Inverted Forward, Attack. If anyone else, becomes either Support Winger (R) or Support Inverted Forward (L)

3. Attacking Midfielder long shots setting changed to "sometimes".

4. Though the Deep lying playmaker is usually more defensive than the CM, I set the mentality to the same level. CM has run with ball put to Sometimes, since Kroos has that ability.

5. FBs set to WB+Support against weaker teams.

6. Set pieces set to Far Post or 6 Yard Box (not sure why, but it gets me goals more often)

7. Not too deep of a squad, but very versatile players such as Pranjic (anything on the Left), Kroos/Schweinsteiger (anything in the middle), and wingers who can play across the AM.

Last edited:
This tactic is fabulous, and my team performs top notch against larger teams. However; against smaller teams, teams I should be killing in a heartbeat, I have a incredibly hard time creating chances, let alone CCC's. I play without a playmaker, never do, and only apply the touch in's against smaller teams (but even without, not a chance). How would you analyze this situation?

[edit]
I checked my stats, current home record 12-3-0, away record 5-1-7.
[/edit]
hey mate :) just play on the counter/quicker/wider

maybe drop the Amc to Dm as well as a Dm - support or even an Anchor man