An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide

awesome results Dave :)

you spent a lot of cash :) wow! For some reason in Jan 1st season Fellaini had a £7m release clause which I used to snap him up immediately! £52m for Modric is also quite steep :) but he is a great player!

I just picked up Rivaldo for free and he scored and assisted in his first game :) ahahaha! love Rivaldo! he is tutoring Nikao for me now though :) which is the reason why I got him! Good results in the league so far too bud :) are you using the home and away tactic combo? :)

Ter Stegan is a machine! nice one! May I suggest looking at this guy if you want a good defensive mid/cm :)

View attachment 200926

awesome results Dave :)

you spent a lot of cash :) wow! For some reason in Jan 1st season Fellaini had a £7m release clause which I used to snap him up immediately! £52m for Modric is also quite steep :) but he is a great player!

I just picked up Rivaldo for free and he scored and assisted in his first game :) ahahaha! love Rivaldo! he is tutoring Nikao for me now though :) which is the reason why I got him! Good results in the league so far too bud :) are you using the home and away tactic combo? :)

Ter Stegan is a machine! nice one! May I suggest looking at this guy if you want a good defensive mid/cm :)

View attachment 200926
Thankyou:)
Yes ive had some good results ive just lost my first league game away at Stoke:(
View attachment 200957
but won the CC final against Villa:)
View attachment 200954

My spending is a bit high and Fellaini did not have that clause on mine:( neither as Christian Eirksen.... And i agree about the Modric deal but there was nothing i could do about the fee as the board signed him for me..

Ive also just promated some youth players(regen)
View attachment 200955View attachment 200956

And im just using the 'might n magic' tactic with the home and away shouts mate:)...but will be using from next season the 'short n sweet' for home n 'might n magic' for away or just use the 'might n magic' home and 'might n magic counter' away tactic instead of the 'short n sweet' as Rooney n Chicharito have been fantastic sofar this season:)

Hey Raik!
A little bit off-topic, but what leagues should I choose when I start a new game? My PC is powerful enough so suggest all the leagues to make the game experience best as possible.
Thanks!

£8.5m offer from Spurs for Park, hmm..

Ok I am in March now and it is a real battle between my United and Spurs for the title. I won the League Cup and I am still in the FA Cup and Champions League.

I signed Baines in January because I wanted to have the Da Silvas at RB, Evra and Baines for LB and I wanted Smalling to concentrate on being a top CB (he has been a ****** revelation by the way). I also sniped a Barcelona youngster who is very highly rated from Ivory Coast (I think) because they left his contract unprotected. I have Asenjo and Paloschi coming in on free transfers in the summer.

My youngsters are progressing nicely as Jones has put in some great performances, as has Cleverley and in the cups Pogba has played well against weaker opposition.

De Gea has been excellent but Lindegaard has also done the business when he gets a chance.

I have 3 tactics that I use, a slightly modified version of the OP's 4-2-4 tactic and two of my own which are 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 in which I have incorporated some elements from the OP's tactics. All are doing me well so far.

PS I have been trying to sell Gibson and Diouf since July but no one wants them even after lowering their asking price.

Hi guys after my last update my computer froze as i was playing Wigan in the league later i found out my computer had over heated and blown up so ive lost ever thing as all my FM files was not Backup up:'(... But luckly my Dad(Thankyou Dad) had a spare Pc so im using this spare now so going to re-install FM12:) and start downloading all the facepacks,kits,logos etc then im gonna start a new Man Utd save:D

Thank god for dads lol....

And johnnybgood83 you seem to behaveing a good season and i also found it hard to get rid of Diouf but i sold Gibson for £1.5mil to Spurs in Jan...

Last edited:
Hey Raik!
A little bit off-topic, but what leagues should I choose when I start a new game? My PC is powerful enough so suggest all the leagues to make the game experience best as possible.
Thanks!
hey bud :) I saw this yesterday but could not reply as the site was busy being raped... :p

1) France, England, Germany, Spain, Italy, Holland, Portugal
2) Ukraine, Turkey, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay
3) random nations (about 2 or 3) Chile, Czech, Croatia, Sweden, Norway (I always load points 1 & 2 then a couple of random ones to open up new players each save :)

Ok I am in March now and it is a real battle between my United and Spurs for the title. I won the League Cup and I am still in the FA Cup and Champions League.

I signed Baines in January because I wanted to have the Da Silvas at RB, Evra and Baines for LB and I wanted Smalling to concentrate on being a top CB (he has been a ****** revelation by the way). I also sniped a Barcelona youngster who is very highly rated from Ivory Coast (I think) because they left his contract unprotected. I have Asenjo and Paloschi coming in on free transfers in the summer.

My youngsters are progressing nicely as Jones has put in some great performances, as has Cleverley and in the cups Pogba has played well against weaker opposition.

De Gea has been excellent but Lindegaard has also done the business when he gets a chance.

I have 3 tactics that I use, a slightly modified version of the OP's 4-2-4 tactic and two of my own which are 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 in which I have incorporated some elements from the OP's tactics. All are doing me well so far.

PS I have been trying to sell Gibson and Diouf since July but no one wants them even after lowering their asking price.

nice job mate :) yeah, I dont play Smalling at right back! Jones is 1st team starter in March for me now and has been! He plays really well with Ferdinand! Evans has been awesome too (hahaahhaha, joke of the centuary I know, I tried to sell him in Jan, no takers :( as I hate him IRL and is useless) but 7.84 ave and a couple of goals is not bad!

glad the tactics are working well mate :)

I was lucky! I got a straight player exchange for Cesar Azipilicueta for Diouf at the start of the game after Napoli offered me £8m for him which he rejected!

Gibson will take time to get rid of! Stoke got him in Jan for £1m (yeah you need to lower the prices)

good luck and keep us posted mate :)

Hi guys after my last update my computer froze as i was playing Wigan in the league later i found out my computer had over heated and blown up so ive lost ever thing as all my FM files was not Backup up:'(... But luckly my Dad(Thankyou Dad) had a spare Pc so im using this spare now so going to re-install FM12:) and start downloading all the facepacks,kits,logos etc then im gonna start a new Man Utd save:D

Thank god for dads lol....

And johnnybgood83 you seem to behaveing a good season and i also found it hard to get rid of Diouf but i sold Gibson for £1.5mil to Spurs in Jan...
that sucks donkey **** mate! such a pity! well good luck and soldier on! :)

hey bud :) I saw this yesterday but could not reply as the site was busy being raped... :p 1) France, England, Germany, Spain, Italy, Holland, Portugal 2) Ukraine, Turkey, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay 3) random nations (about 2 or 3) Chile, Czech, Croatia, Sweden, Norway (I always load points 1 & 2 then a couple of random ones to open up new players each save :)
Kay mate, I will install all graphics packs and then will turn United into a whole new team and rule the world.

hey raikan the goalkeeping coaches you signed here i have got both of them but my coaching stars are only coming two three and half at most are they better for you or have i got the wrong coaches

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

hey raikan the goalkeeping coaches you signed here i have got both of them but my coaching stars are only coming two three and half at most are they better for you or have i got the wrong coaches

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------
are they each on one training specific area each? (Coach X - shot stopping) & (Coach Y - handling)

season update

I finished my season last night! It went really well except for the red card Fletcher received in the 1st half vs Barca after I took a 1:0 lead (2:0 on aggregate) and it was pretty much the Messi show after that!

the two draws happened right near the end of the season (SS) as I was finding it difficult to get my players to play well after being about 15/18 points ahead!

Fixtures/Results:
View attachment 201307View attachment 201319View attachment 201320View attachment 201321View attachment 201325View attachment 201318View attachment 201317View attachment 201309View attachment 201310View attachment 201311

League table:
View attachment 201308View attachment 201324View attachment 201327

Player SS:
View attachment 201323View attachment 201324View attachment 201326View attachment 201312View attachment 201313View attachment 201314View attachment 201328

Transfers:
View attachment 201315View attachment 201316

Last edited:
Thats a good season Raikan:)

There some good signings aswell would not of thought to get Rivaldo(do you put him as playmaker when he in team) but it looks like he passed Arsenal off the pitch(so did the full team:D)... Is this with you using your 'short n sweet' tactic at home an 'might n magic' tactic away also with the home n away shouts??

Also Rooney number 69:O:p

Keep up the good work mate and i guess your taking Team GB to the Olimpics:)

Once im back playing FM on my new Pc and start a new Utd save ill post again:)

EDIT. Unlucky with the Barcelona game aswell(away goals suck:S)

Last edited:
yeah he did :) until he broke his leg and out for 6 months :( shame poor guy! I released him, he tutored Nikao for a while which increased his stats a little ;)

exactly that mate :) make sure the player you use as the central cm playmaker is Carrick (or someone with no ****** PPM's like runs with ball, shoots from distance etc) dictates tempo, play's one two's and comes deep to get ball (and plays short simple passess) is recommended!

lol, yeah :) hahahaah! I always make my best player that... :p

yeah I know ;( so bleek! after the red card I knew it was downhill....

here is my first game with the GB Olympic team :) (using the Short and Sweet tactic)

View attachment 201362

Unlucky Mr Rivaldo...Least you got abit of use out of him hahahahah

Started my game as well and so far so good, I beat City on penalties in the Community Shield and got a very sweet 2-0 victory against them at home in a game where I completely dominated City and kept the likes of Silva, Nasri and Aguero as quiet as a mouse.

Also what shouts should I use for both tactics as I have missed that and I cant find them from both of your tactics threads?
And what match preparation should I use after pre-season?

Last edited: