An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide

How cruel, I was leading 3-0 in the 2nd leg against Real and then they scored in the 89th minute and eliminated me with away goals, even though I completely dominated them and should have scored a couple of more. :(

hi, i want ask about preferred moves..

what is the best pref moves for Rooney?

Slight problem, Cavani was offered by Napoli,I am short on cash but made the bid and he wants to sign with United.
I don't have the funds and could only delay the transfer, the option to request funds from the board is not an option, however, I have had that option in the past, is it because I am in July 2012 and the season has not started?

Slight problem, Cavani was offered by Napoli,I am short on cash but made the bid and he wants to sign with United.
I don't have the funds and could only delay the transfer, the option to request funds from the board is not an option, however, I have had that option in the past, is it because I am in July 2012 and the season has not started?

what month are you in? you should know when you get your budgets, just keep em stalling until you get your budget for the season :) after the 2nd time they normally cancel, offer immediately and do exactly the same :)

what month are you in? you should know when you get your budgets, just keep em stalling until you get your budget for the season :) after the 2nd time they normally cancel, offer immediately and do exactly the same :)

I got my budget and I bought Hamsik and Di Maria :)
I don't relly need a striker but use Cavani as a rotation and plus, Chelski gets him if I don't take him! They want 23 mill for him, I only have 9 left...

So, no Cavani, not for 23M anyway.
Instead, I got my wage budget raised and had around 15M.
I bought Sime Vrsaljko for 9M.

My team feels complete now and I can't really find any positions that are lacking quality.
I started my second season.

So I'm into my 4th season now, my personal best as it usually gets boring after the 2nd.
I have put all my money on wages, so my wage budget is 1.3M p/w and I have invested on regens.
Currently two of my birghtest talents in the squad:
View attachment 210888View attachment 210889
Parejo has a 4.5 star potential and Ibrahim 4 star potential.

Last edited:
Hi all !

Could someone tell me if there is any " book of tactics" or a tactics guide and how can i get it

Sorry for my vocabulary, im from argentina.

So I'm into my 4th season now, my personal best as it usually gets boring after the 2nd.
I have put all my money on wages, so my wage budget is 1.3M p/w and I have invested on regens.
Currently two of my birghtest talents in the squad:
Parejo has a 4.5 star potential and Ibrahim 4 star potential.

Same here, started my second season and I don't know if I can manage a 3rd or even a 4th however this is the same job that any manager has. I guess you can enhance the gameplay by trying new tactics or as you did invest into regens and finding the loops where you get them to become star players.

Which tactic would you use for neutral ground cup games? Away tactic if underdog, Home if favourite?

If so, what about a Man United vs Barca game for example where it is very evenly matched?

Which tactic would you use for neutral ground cup games? Away tactic if underdog, Home if favourite?

If so, what about a Man United vs Barca game for example where it is very evenly matched?
I've always used the Sweet n Short in big finals as that puts the enemy team under pressure right from the off and then it all depens on luck and how your team/their team performs.

Im nearing the end of my 4th season with the EPL title as good as in the bag with 77 points, 10 games to play, 16 point advatage to Tottenham and a game in hand, also im still in the CL waiting for an opponent in the QFs after beating AC Milan 3-1 on agg.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have trouble getting Darren Fletcher to play well? I've had this problem in both FM10 and 11, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Usually play him as a CM-defend, or a BWM-support/defend, depending on teammates and opposition, and he is almost always in the 6s for a match rating. Also has a bit of an attitude problem, and his morale is difficult to sustain.....randomly drops throughout the season. In both years I've ended up phasing him out of the lineup as the 2nd season progresses. Its weird because he obviously has great stats, especially for the roles he's being used in, but he just never does anything above average.

Oh, and I've read that some other people managed to get di Maria......just perfect for this squad, he and Valencia are about as productive a set of pure wingers as you can get in the game. Its tough to sit Nani too often, and between the three of them they make a very effective and versatile rotation, but as soon as I got di Maria he was the most effective one......leading the league in assists by far halfway though his 1st season for Utd.

Darren Fletcher I always got to play well in the previous FM. Was usually my most consistent performer. This version he doesn't really suit the tactics suggested in this thread and he got an average just under 7 on my game until I sold him for 18.5m to Tottenham in the January window first season.

Di Maria I am just about to make a move for actually. Both him and Khedira have just been transfer listed by Madrid, nearing end of first season. I guess its just luck depending on each game. This is my first game and season on the new version though, so I cannot comment on how often this situation occurs.

I've been doing what you mentioned Zaffarno and it worked in both the Community shield and League Cup finals.

First season going very well. Unbeaten in Prem after 33 games. I have a problem with drawing though as 13 of those games have been draws. I'm 3 points behind Arsenal at the moment, but with 2 games in hand. Won League Cup, Community shield, lost to Stoke 3-1 in Sem-Final of F.A. Cup which was shocking. De Gea had a mare and conceded the only 3 shots on target. 1-1 vs Porto in first leg of Champ League Semi's with a final against AC Milan or Marseille in the offing.

Does anyone else have trouble getting Darren Fletcher to play well? I've had this problem in both FM10 and 11, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Usually play him as a CM-defend, or a BWM-support/defend, depending on teammates and opposition, and he is almost always in the 6s for a match rating. Also has a bit of an attitude problem, and his morale is difficult to sustain.....randomly drops throughout the season. In both years I've ended up phasing him out of the lineup as the 2nd season progresses. Its weird because he obviously has great stats, especially for the roles he's being used in, but he just never does anything above average.

In 2010 he played very well.
In 2011 he is not top quality, before Christmas my assistant manager adviced me to remove Fletcher as a starter, now I am seriously thinking of selling him since I have other players wanting his spot, Chelsea has shown interest, and they need all the help they can get, finished 5th this season.

I have alos started to have performance problems by Carrick which is said because I really like Carrick.

Oh, and I've read that some other people managed to get di Maria......just perfect for this squad, he and Valencia are about as productive a set of pure wingers as you can get in the game. Its tough to sit Nani too often, and between the three of them they make a very effective and versatile rotation, but as soon as I got di Maria he was the most effective one......leading the league in assists by far halfway though his 1st season for Utd.

Same here, I got di Maria because Real Madrid transfer listed him, they always do, and I got him cheap. He competes with Ashley Young for the left winger spot.

Second season has come to an end, I am satisfied but not content.

Won the premier league 97 points followed by City 85 points.
Won the Community Shield vs. Tottenham.
Won the League Cup vs. West Brom.
Lost the FA vs West Brom (substituded 3 players at half time, had 2 injuries in second half and the game went to penalties.)
Lost the Champions Cup in the 1st Knockout Round against OM due to my own fault for motivating the team incorrectly and using a non-strategic setup. Lesson learnt for third season.

Ronney was named footballer of the year, he also set a new goals scored record, 35 goals.
I set a most games without losing record, 66 games.

Now what I need advice with, I doubt I will invest in any new players, I actually have to let a few go.
Perferred setup this season according to myself;
View attachment 213846

I have som great backup/rotation players as well;
Matt Dodd -Regen GK
Ferdinand -has been above average, a little slow at times.
Chris Smalling -has been impressing for me.
Sime Vrsaljko -amazing player, can't wait for third season to see him in more action.
Jonny Evans -has been great.
Giovanni Tognozzi -Regen DC, absolutly amazing, 4 stars! Bought him for 850K.
Fabio -has been rotating with Evra and playing great.
Gregory van der Wiel -has been rotating with Rafael, also been great.
Angel di Maria -in the beginning he was tough, but second half of the season he improved.
Paul Pogba -has been great for me, not really there yet since he is so hard to work with.
Mike Eustace -Regen MC, just joined my youth team, 4 stars! Cost not a dime.
Ashley Young -has been acceptable, not amazing.
Tom Cleverly -played him as MC, didn't go to well, moved him to Reserves, then I felt, he is English, let's try him as a left winger, holy ****, he has scored tons of goals and has been awarded MOM multiple times.
Macheda -again, above average but not a key player, backup.
Welbeck -will only play excellent as a poacher, anything else he fails, so amazing poacher.
Javier Hernandez -backup for Rooney, has been great when given a chance.

Now the players that have been under achieving;
Carrick
Fletcher
Giggs
Anderson

Now I have two more Regens but I don't know how they will work out as of yet, a DR and a ST.

Last edited: