A couple of quick tips for Vauxhall

Hi guys, if you've gone for the bottom of the bottom (Vauxhall) like I have then there are a couple of things that might help you out a little. Most of you that are brave enough to have taken this on may already know these:

- You can't get Counago (even though Truro seem to be able to). He's not interested and unrealistic for a team with a budget for £500p/w however don't rely on Declan Edwards instead. As you can get him on a non-contract it may be no loss to have him but he can barely play 5 minutes without getting injured, which means he'll never blend into the squad, will put in poorer performances in than lesser strikers and will forever be costing you substitutions (or 10-man games). Note: If anybody playing as Vauxhall manage to sign Counago, tell me how please because I've tried everything I can.

- Have a reserve team on non-contracts (even though most of your first team is likely to be on N/C too) as players disappear from under your nose often and having players familiar with the tactics to cover the void makes a huge difference.

- Abuse your reserve team. Even though they are there as a back-up, use U18's in reserves matches instead to avoid paying costly appearance fees. They won't like it but who cares, you can drop N/C players as soon as they get disgruntled (us managers can be just as fickle as the players). As you have no U18's league in your first season you have no worries of fatigue.

- Train Match Preparation on Very High. Most of your N/C players will disappear when they feel like it, so training their stats is unimportant, therefore making sure the team play as a unit is far more vital.

- Milk the youth grant. Go on player search and search specifically for players 17 and under that are unattached to give a youth contract to. As you'll need to keep everyone on non-contracts (and will keep losing players because of it) your youth system becomes your most solid set of reserves, and despite the £5 a week you give them, your 'Youth Grant' covers the majority of it so you effectively have them for free. Also, some of these players are nearly as good as the first team available to you as Vauxhall. My main striker is a youth, thanks to Counago being a diva and Edwards being an Owen Hargreaves.

Team: Truro City
Season: 2011/12
League: Blue Square South
Final Position: 1st
Cups: FA Cup - 3rd Qualy Round, FA Trophy - 3rd Qualy Round
Average Attendance: 558
Biggest Win: 4-0 vs Dartford
Biggest Defeat: 1-5 vs Dover
Top Goalscorer: Jamil Adam - 29
Most Assists: Pablo Counago - 15
Highest Average Rating: Jamil Adam - 7.44 (36 Apps)
Fans Player of the Year: Jamil Adam
View attachment 201050

View attachment 201052

Last edited:
Sorry, My laptop Had A Spaz Attack :D

Last edited:
- You can't get Counago (even though Truro seem to be able to). He's not interested and unrealistic for a team with a budget for £500p/w ....... Note: If anybody playing as Vauxhall manage to sign Counago, tell me how please because I've tried everything I can.

Did you try straight away, or after a few weeks? It took me around 4 weeks before he would actually discuss terms at Basingstoke.

Did you try straight away, or after a few weeks? It took me around 4 weeks before he would actually discuss terms at Basingstoke.

Tried straight away, then after a couple of weeks, then when he sacked his agent, then a few weeks after sacking his agent. No interest at any point, complete red message and no way of suggesting terms. Tried trialing him, refused, tried again, refused. It just seems as though Vauxhall is just too low reputation to get a look in. I'll keep trying though, if he is attainable for Vauxhall then I'll get him :).

Top Of Blue Square Prem after 13 Games. Adam Is Amazing. And I've Got Fabio Zamblera Up top with him.

Loads of assist and goals between them :)

Team: Eastleigh
Season: 2014/15
League: League Two
Final Position: 6th (promoted via playoffs)
Cups: FA Cup - 3rd Round, Tin Pot Trophy 1st Round, Carling Cup 2nd Round
Average Attendance: 3394
Biggest Win: 4-1 vs Oldham
Biggest Defeat: 1-4 vs Exeter
Top Goalscorer: Mike Grella - 12
Most Assists: Jason Puncheon - 15
Highest Average Rating: Jason Puncheon - 7.32
Fans Player of the Year: Jason Puncheon
View attachment 201119View attachment 201120

Team: Wrexham
Season: 2011/2012
League: BSP
Cups: FA Cup - 1st Round, FA Trophy - 4th Round
Average Attendance: 3062
Biggest Win: 8-1 vs Bradford PA
Biggest Defeat: 1-5 vs Newport Co
Top Goalscorer: Pablo Counago - 28
Most Assists: Toni Silva - 13 & Omar Koroma - 13
Highest Average Rating: Diego Crosa - 7.41
Fans Player of the Year: Diego Crosa

View attachment 201176View attachment 201177

Last edited:
looks a good challenge. started one as gainsborough as local to me. played about 10 games so far and sitting top unbeaten. will post update soon.

Congratulations on the promotion MajorMash, but surely using arguably the best team in the BSP as a starting point is not within the spirit of the challenge and is not the lowest league possible. Others are using BSN or BSH.

Congratulations on the promotion MajorMash, but surely using arguably the best team in the BSP as a starting point is not within the spirit of the challenge and is not the lowest league possible. Others are using BSN or BSH.

Yes i understand completely about not being in BSN/BSS, it was just that Wrexham are the team i have always followed in lower leagues, due to them being the only team I have ever seen play in person :) I did however remove all of their players, on free transfers, effectively removing and Financial and Skill advantage they had over others in the league.

I still understand its not the same as using BSN/BSS

No worries mate, it's not my thread and not my rules. :) Still interested in seeing how you progress though.

if you have a consitence tactic and if you contract some good players for the upper leagues on bosman and on a free transfer you should get an promotion year by year until you get to Championship i think but i don't do many LLM saves but i am trying this one started with welling i think

Team: Truro City
Season: 2014/15
League: League 2
Final Position: 16th
Cups: FA Cup 4th Round, League Cup 1st Round, Paint Cup 2nd Round
Average Attendance: 2426
Biggest Win: 5-0 v Southend
Biggest Defeat: 0-5 v Hartlepool
Top Goalscorer: 18 Omar Koroma
Most Assists: 13 Daniel Compton
Highest Average Rating: 6.94 Omar Koroma
Fans Player of the Year: Omar Koroma
View attachment 201273View attachment 201274View attachment 201275

Team: Basingstoke
League: Blue Square South
Cups: FA Cup 1st Round, FA Trophy WINNERS :D
Average Attendance: 472
Biggest Win: 4-0 v Sutton Utd
Biggest Defeat: 0-4 v Tranmere
Top Goalscorer: Fergus Bell - 39 goals, 55 apps
Most Assists: Eric McGill - 18 assists, 54 apps
Highest Average Rating: Fergus Bell - 7.19
Fans Player of the Year: Fergus Bell

View attachment 201279View attachment 201280View attachment 201289

Last edited:
Team: Corby Town
Season: 2012/2013
League: Blue Square Premier
Final Position: 17th
Cups: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round - FAT 2nd Round
Average Attendance: 895
Biggest Win: 4-1 v Bath City
Biggest Defeat: 0-6 v Aldershot
Top Goalscorer: George Bowerman - 14 goals
Most Assists: George Bowerman - 6 Assists
Highest Average Rating: George Bowerman - 6.89
Fans Player of the Year: George Bowerman

Poor season but one i expected with one of the worst defences in the league!

Team: Eastbourne Borough
League: Blue Square Bet South
Cups: FA Cup - 2nd Round (Lost 3-2 to Swindon), FA Trophy - 3rd Round (Lost 3-1 to Ebbsfleet)
Average Attendance: 1039
Biggest Win: 5-1 (Home, vs Hampton and Richmond)
Biggest Defeat: 0-3 (Away, vs Chelmsford)
Top Goalscorer: Pablo Counago, 26
Most Assists: Sebastien Carole, 20
Highest Average Rating: Pablo Counago, 7.35
Fans Player of the Year: Pablo Counago

Screenshots
View attachment 201431View attachment 201429View attachment 201430

Team: Gainsborough Trinity
Season: 2013-14
League: BSP
Final Position: 7th
Cups: FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round, FA Trophy 1st round
Average Attendance: 1151
Biggest Win: 5-0 v Darlington
Biggest Defeat: 3-6 v Kidderminster
Top Goalscorer: 17 ***** Aubameyang
Most Assists: 16 Sean Thornton
Highest Average Rating: 7.23 ***** Aubameyang
Fans Player of the Year: Ross Evans

View attachment 201470View attachment 201471View attachment 201472

Just missed out on the play-offs and am gutted as I thought I had everything running well until my leading striker went out injured for 3 months only coming back for the last game. My cup runs never got off the ground and my finances are worse than ever. I'm praying I can turn to a full time team, being part time is hurting my players development.

Team: Wrexham
Season: 2012/2013
League: League 2
Final Position: 19th
Cups: FA Cup - 4th Round, League Cup - 3rd Round, JPT - 1st Round :(
Average Attendance: 3987
Biggest Win: 4 - 0 vs Bury
Biggest Defeat: 1-4 vs Crawley
Top Goalscorer: Roy O'Donovan (17)
Most Assists: Alexander Kacaniklic (14)
Highest Average Rating: Filip Pivkovski (7.01)

View attachment 201498View attachment 201499View attachment 201500

Rather disappointing season, starting with Pablo Counago requesting a transfer, and then multiple injuries to key players, ending with a rather disappointing 19th place. Time to reconsolidate and get moving up the league table this next season!!