Gary Speed dies at the age of 42

XabiAlonso Xabi Alonso

RIP Gary Speed. My first PL game game was against him, he showed me in that game what is british football about.

Completely out of nowhere, really devastating news. I can't believe he was on FF yesterday looking fine, and just hours later he killed himself. Puts football into perspective really.
RIP Gary :wub:

Devastating news, heard it announced at the end of goals on sunday and was absolutely shocked.

RIP

I've just woken up, switched on Talksport and heard. And gutted. Absolutely gutted. Was a great player and skipper for Everton, and a great guy. R.I.P.

View attachment 205839

RIP Gary Speed. Far too young to die. Never seen him play but he was a great manager.

I was genuinly speachless when i switched on SSN and for me to be speachless is something special. Come accross as a great man and was a brilliant footballer with a bright future in management. RIP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this is crazy..

Just as Wales were starting to look like a good footballing nation too.

RIP

can someone bring a link with video of him talking on FF ysterday?

Try BBC iPlayer? Why would you even want to watch it? :S

RIP Gary, noone will ever forget what you commited to football!!! :wub:

Feel sick hearing this news. Welsh football won't be the same for a while. Rest in peace. :'(

RIP Gary Speed, a true legend in British football.
It such a shame as he was starting bringing out the best that Welsh football had to offer.

Robbie Savage was just on BBC News to talk about it and they had to stop the interview quite abruptly as he cracked and started crying in the studio.

Sad.

cannot believe this it is crazy as a leeds fan gary speed was special to all of us at leeds as im sure he was to the other clubs he played. He was a legend of the modern gamedid the simple things well looked after himself and was the consumate professional on and off the pitch. will be truly missed MOT

Todays games should be called off, you can expect the welsh lads to be in the zone after just hearing their gaffer has died. I know Shay Given has been hit hard by the news.

Shay Given was in bits poor guy. Craig Bellamy has asked to be withdrawn from todays match too. Just shows what impact his passing has had and how much he was loved.

Todays games should be called off, you can expect the welsh lads to be in the zone after just hearing their gaffer has died. I know Shay Given has been hit hard by the news.

Apparently the players were asked if they wanted the game to be called off but they wanted to play in his honour. Heard somewhere that the press were about to release something about him, not sure how much truth there is in this though.

RIP Gary Speed!!