Javier Pastore, new position training.

howardrocket

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have just purchased J.Pastore in January of the first season, I am wanting to train him to a new position of AM/LR so he can play on either side of the wing. However I am now towards the end of March, and he is still ineffectual in both positions. Am I being naive in thinking he should be at least a little competent in at least one of these positions? I recently re-trained Abou Diaby at the start of the season to the AM/L role and it didn't take anywhere near as this long for him to be acomplished at this position.

Thanks for any help.

Sometimes it takes players a bit longer than others, but it might be that he is more comfortable playing through the center. Also playing him in the position might help speed that along, but it might be the former rather than the later.

It depends on how versatile (Hidden attribute) the player is.

I thought playing pastore as a winger was crazy.......

but abou diaby ? What are you thinking lol

Kind of off topic, but would training him to be natural in center mid be better? or would it not be worth the trouble

He is quite versatile. He starts ineffective as an ST, but by 2012/13 on my save, with a mix of position training and playing him upfront for the 2012 season, he is now Natural at ST (even Argentina play him upfront)

Go for it, play him there and train him. Should be at least Awkward by 1/2way through the season.

i may sound as a broken record when talking about el flaco, but i retrained him as AMR once and he was GREAT. when i stopped playing that save i scouted just for the lulz and found out javier was the best right winger of the game. and at that moment i hadn't played him on the wing in AGES (argentina did, but i mean, 10 games for year)

Make sure you play him there, he has the most insane dribbling skills after a season or two, cuts holes in my CL winning defence all the time. Would probably make a good winger just stick with it.

Turns out I was just being naive, after a while he is now accomplished at this position and playing very well. I only bought him for this position, if you take a look at his attributes, he has amazing attributes for a winger (and I have never bought/used him before) so I am excited to see how he progresses through his first full season.

Again Abou Diaby actually has good attributes for this position, I only trained him to this position for cover really, I didnt need him for my midfield, but I didnt want to sell him..... although I ended up selling him in the summer anyway ha!

im sure someone trained him to striker and he scored a lot of goals played as a trequartista

im sure someone trained him to striker and he scored a lot of goals played as a trequartista

He is quite versatile. He starts ineffective as an ST, but by 2012/13 on my save, with a mix of position training and playing him upfront for the 2012 season, he is now Natural at ST (even Argentina play him upfront)

Go for it, play him there and train him. Should be at least Awkward by 1/2way through the season.

I think you'll find, it was me ^^)

Just an update, Javier Pastore as a Left Winger is just immense, scoring quite a few goals and also assisting a lot. He has just been sublime here!