João Moutinho signs for FC Porto

jbolas

05bolasj
Reaction score
On July 3, 2010, to the surprise of many longtime Sporting CP supporters, multiple sources announced Moutinho had signed a long-term contract with club rivals, FC Porto. Such reports would be confirmed the next day with details on Moutinho's sale for €10 million to go alongside FC Porto centre-back, Nuno Andre Coelho.

João Moutinho's arrival at Porto looks like Raul Meireles will be on his way out of the Dragão to a European club; Sevilla and Chelsea have been rumoured to want the player with Porto insisting they would sell him after the World Cup. The deal also includes a 30% sell on fee as well as Nuno Andre Coelho mentioned above heading in the other direction. Moutinho has been given a four year contract and the move to Porto looks to boost his Portugual chances after not being picked for the World Cup.

Last edited:
The fans won't be too happy about selling to a rival. 10 quid on him scoring the winner when the sides play each other this season.

Wow, massive loss for Sporting. They struggled during this season and ended up finishing 4th or 5th and now have lost their best player and captain.

Gutted for them really am, but as a Benfica fan.. GET IN!!!

Being half Portuguese, Porto are my second team so I am happy with the deal :)

Quality player. Still don't understand how Deco got into the Portugal squad ahead of him.

Great deal for that price.

Can't believe the Sporting manager would agree to sell to their rivals :S Was Moutinho poor this season because I was also shocked when Moutinho weren't in the Portugal squad.

Never seen him play in real life. Just know he's a ****** beast on Fm.

I wish we signed him last year.

If you didn't know already Sporting CP have signed Maniche, Evaldo & Andre Santos.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWSIo2LjSOM"]YouTube- Joao Moutinho -Welcome to Porto[/ame] Here is a video on Moutinho :)

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

how old is he now?
23!

I swear Sporting is the dumbest club ever. Moutinho was capitain at age 19 and they let him leave for a rival... Direction is mentally challenged i think

10 Million Euros is a bargain and is approx half the price that Everton have offered in the past for him. However Sporting do have a 30% sell on fee which could benefit them in the future

Sporting are retards, the club is going downhill and I am in disgust and so angry!!!

If you didn't know already Sporting CP have signed Maniche, Evaldo & Andre Santos.

YouTube- Joao Moutinho -Welcome to Porto Here is a video on Moutinho :)

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

23!

Maniche is looking fat!

23?! Thought he was alot older, always thought he'd end up in England/Spain at some point in his career, surprised he's move to a new club in Portugal, might be one of those people who loves his Country.

You could tell their future when they put the pressure on Paulo Bento, he is a great manager, who had to take the blame for not being a puppet. Ah, my team's long time rivals are revealing sad, what a shame

You could tell their future when they put the pressure on Paulo Bento, he is a great manager, who had to take the blame for not being a puppet. Ah, my team's long time rivals are revealing sad, what a shame
Bento was a great manager for Sporting CP and I expected him to move to England someday ......