*Jones*

Pikachuuuuuuuu
Reaction score
Dear FM-Base users;
I'd like to present you with the latest version of my 4-2-3-1,
which has worked superbly with me for several teams including Liverpool & Arsenal,
I can provide screenshots from my Liverpool save, in which I won:

• The Premiership
  • League Cup
  • Champions League Finalists
  • Fa Cup Semi-Finalist
I was solid defensively whilst still being able to score goals,
you may notice from the screenshots that I lost 7 games, you may think this is bad,
but when I lost, I lost by a single goal each time and played well throughout.

Here's how each position is sorted:

GK: Sweeper Keeper - Support
DR: Wing Back - Automatic
DL: Full Back - Automatic
CB: Centre Back - Defend
CB: Centre Back - Defend*
DMC: Defensive Midfielder - Defend
DMC: Deep Lying Playmaker - Support
AML: Inside Forward - Attack
AMR: Inside Forward - Attack
AMC: Attacking Midfielder/Trequartista - Attack**
ST: Poacher - Attack

*defence uses the nike system, so the left centre back is the covering centre back, it is vital that this centre back is the quicker of the two, so look for a quick cb to play this position.

**All depends what type of player, for example, Steven Gerrard in my Liverpool save played as an Attacking Midfielder, however in my Man City & Arsenal saves, I had Silva & Fabregas playing as Trequartista's respectively, both to good effect.

Touchline Shouts:
[if struggling to break opponent down]
- Push Higher Up
- Hassle Opponents
- Stay on feet

Team Talk:
[used Bubbabaytuna's
guide]
link to original thread here:
clicky

Here are the screenshots:

View attachment 101824 View attachment 101825

View attachment 101822 View attachment 101823

I also had fairly good results against the rest of the 'big four' with the only team causing me real problems being Chelsea, with whom i drew one, and lost one.
I also managed to secure an impressive 3-0 win against Inter Milan in the champions league, away from home:

View attachment 101826

anyway, i'm looking for people who are willing to test this tactic,
and leave constructive criticism on how i can make this better.
download below:
View attachment 101827

ENJOY!

Disclaimer:
This tactic hasn't been tested by any smaller clubs, this is what i'd like people to do,
so don't ask if it works in the lower leagues, as the honest answer is.

i haven't a bleeding clue!

looks a good tactic i think ill use this for my next story if i can get a good team to manage ? :D

looks a good tactic i think ill use this for my next story if i can get a good team to manage ? :D

Should work with most teams i think, make sure you have two good DM's, one to break up the play, and then one to distribute the ball. In my game; i had Mascherano and Alonso, two of the best at what they do!

Also, make sure you have a clinical finisher, took me a while to figure this out properly, but when i got Torres playing well, it got a lot better for me.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

Also, if anyone does use this tactic, or test it;
can you please, please leave feedback in here,
would be greatly appreciated and would help me to make the tactic better...

thanks a lot
& good luck!

will try and get round to testing it, but the announcement of fm11 has kinda killed my enthusiasim for fm10

will try and get round to testing it, but the announcement of fm11 has kinda killed my enthusiasim for fm10

please do mate, i still feel there's tweaks to be made as I was playing with a very strong Liverpool side, and still lost a few games. Although, you can't win them all i spose

Looks like a good tactic so firstly well done, I'd just like to know though what it is your doing for afew things.
1.Do you use OI ? (ask the assistant pre-match.)
2.What pitch size do you use. I figured it was between standard or maximum.

Your tactic seems to be from the 2011 season too, have you been using it from the beginning?

Thanks I apologise if my questions seem pointless to you or anyone else but I'm just interested.. Thank you in advance

Looks like a good tactic so firstly well done, I'd just like to know though what it is your doing for afew things.
1.Do you use OI ? (ask the assistant pre-match.)
2.What pitch size do you use. I figured it was between standard or maximum.

Your tactic seems to be from the 2011 season too, have you been using it from the beginning?

Thanks I apologise if my questions seem pointless to you or anyone else but I'm just interested.. Thank you in advance

no no no, they're not pointless, i'm glad you're interested.

1. Nope, didn't use any OI at all, they seem to cause more problems than good, so never use them
2. Erm i honestly don't know, think i just keft it at default tbh... possibly try a narrow pitch though?
3. Yeah, my screenies are from the 2011 season, but i'd been using from the first, just making tweaks to it, and this is when i felt my tactic was ready to be published...

hey im gonna give this a try with my barca team...u mention two good DM's needed...i got Kedira and Yaya and also i'm wondering if this would help with goal scoring ....especially with a loan striker...i've used some other formations and my stikers are just not scoring ...i got ibra and cardozo and bojan *siogh*

hey im gonna give this a try with my barca team...u mention two good DM's needed...i got Kedira and Yaya and also i'm wondering if this would help with goal scoring ....especially with a loan striker...i've used some other formations and my stikers are just not scoring ...i got ibra and cardozo and bojan *siogh*

Khedira and Yaya will be fine, put the one with the best tackling as the defensive midfielder, and the one with the best passing as you're deep-lying playmaker. The deep-lying playmakers get's forward sometimes, and if he has good long range shooting, can score 5-10 goals a season.

With Bojan i'd play him as a poacher/attack and with Ibra i'd play him as complete forward/support or attack [up to you which one] i'm not really sure about cardozo, as i've never had him...

hope this helps!

Khedira and Yaya will be fine, put the one with the best tackling as the defensive midfielder, and the one with the best passing as you're deep-lying playmaker. The deep-lying playmakers get's forward sometimes, and if he has good long range shooting, can score 5-10 goals a season.

With Bojan i'd play him as a poacher/attack and with Ibra i'd play him as complete forward/support or attack [up to you which one] i'm not really sure about cardozo, as i've never had him...

hope this helps!

Thanks man...will give it a shot

no no no, they're not pointless, i'm glad you're interested.

1. Nope, didn't use any OI at all, they seem to cause more problems than good, so never use them
2. Erm i honestly don't know, think i just keft it at default tbh... possibly try a narrow pitch though?
3. Yeah, my screenies are from the 2011 season, but i'd been using from the first, just making tweaks to it, and this is when i felt my tactic was ready to be published...

Ok thanks for that, I shall certainly give it a try :D
I'll let you know how I get on.

Definatly my favourite formation... been making my own for a while now but can never get it to work properly. I find that with 2 inside forwards and a attacking midfielder theres no space in that area (expecially with a narrow pitch and width). Will take a look at yours and see if i can pick up any tips :)

Also abit off topic but, what do you if Sandro or Masch get injured, seeing as you only have 2 defensive midfielders? lol

Definatly my favourite formation... been making my own for a while now but can never get it to work properly. I find that with 2 inside forwards and a attacking midfielder theres no space in that area (expecially with a narrow pitch and width). Will take a look at yours and see if i can pick up any tips :)

Also abit off topic but, what do you if Sandro or Masch get injured, seeing as you only have 2 defensive midfielders? lol

alright, cheers mate.
as it's only defensive midfield, i found Lucas could play there well enough and in fact out-performed masch on some occasions, although I have actually changed my tactic now, and if i can get it to work, that will also be released on here. :D

when you played with arsenal who were your two defensive midfielders?
song and who? diaby?

I bough Veloso if i remember correctly to play as my DLP, and then a few young-ish players as back up...

What do i do once i have download the tactic???

Thanks looks good willing to try it out :)

What do i do once i have download the tactic???

Thanks looks good willing to try it out :)

copy it to the tactics file...

mydocuments > sports interactive > football manager 2010 > tactics.