McBainy

Reaction score
What is the best way tto use 2 strikers in say a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-1-2-1-2

I like to use a target man but he dont seem to work what has worked for you in game?

This is the tactic I've been using, it's been working amazing for me.

nmj32g.jpg

im playing a 4-4-2 with a poacher and target man but unlike in FM10 my target man isnt doing much, that could be due to my tactic which im still adapting (conceed loads of goals, have loads of shots but only around 50% are on target)

same for me i am not likeing the new game seems to have alot of holes

It depends, 4-4-2 is best used with your wingers and fullbacks crossing the ball into your target man. With 4-1-2-1-2, because of the fact you've got no wingers, if you want to play your target man your full backs will have to be very attacking so they can get the crosses in. That formation works best if you've got two skillfull/quick strikers.

Target Man/Poacher or Advanced Forward/Deep Lying forward are good combos. In general you want a tall man/small man (AKA tall man/quick man) combination.

I play 4-4-2 with Walsall, attackers are both poachers with attacking wingers, one supporting centre mid, the other defensive centre mid. defending centre backs and supporting full backs.
Works for me anyway, 2nd in League One.

complete forward/poacher both on attack is working the best to me so far.