Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Woody

Reaction score
This is the Direct Counter attacking tactic ive been working on, its been made with underdog teams in mind as its designed to spoil the game and hit teams on the break with long balls and quick counter attacks. In many ways its a little like Jose Mourinho's style, certainly lots of similarities.

The tactic is a 433/451 depending on how you want to see it:

View attachment 165885

PLEASE READ:

The tactic is not a plug and play as such, its 2 tactics, one for home matches and one for away matches, very simple. PLEASE USE THE 2 TACTICS ALL THE TIME OR IT WONT WORK!

You can switch to the home tactic for the last 20-30 mins if your losing, as soon as your level though change back to away. I wouldn't advise using the away tactic at home ever.

The system as ive said already is direct and aims to hit teams on the counter, it is very important that the front 3 (particularly the wingers) be as quick as possible. Look for Pace and Acceleration to be above 15.

The rest of the outfield i would suggest be strong, good heading and good tacklers as their job is simply to get the ball and launch it to the front 3. However thats not rule of thumb and ill leave that up to you, a gifted midfielder or 2 wouldn't hurt i suppose.

Dont expect to dominate possession or have a good pass completion rating because your not going to. These tactics are all about beating teams with defensive ugly football.

TESTING:

Im using the tactic with Sheff Wed, currently in my 2nd season in the championship after promotion in the previous season. I dont know how the tactics would work with a top team. They should work with any team though if you have the pace up front.

1st Season with Sheff Wed in League 1 went great, we were expected to do well but we still exceeded all expectations:

View attachment 165883View attachment 165884

Im now in the Championship, expected to finish 22nd but as you can see doing far better than that. If we get up my squad will be cannon fodder in the Prem surely.

View attachment 165886View attachment 165887

NEED TO KNOW:

PITCH SIZE- AS BIG AS POSSIBLE.

NO OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS USED.

MATCH PREP WAS HANDLED BY THE ASSISTANT.

I USED NO SHOUTS.

I USED DEFAULT TRAINING.

MAKE SURE YOU USE THE HOME TACTIC FOR EVERY HOME GAME AND THE AWAY TACTIC FOR EVERY AWAY GAME.

YOUR FRONT 3, ESPECIALLY THE WINGERS MUST BE FAST.

This will be my final tactic for FM11 and probably FM altogether. Partly because of the childish stick i get form childish noobs and morons but mainly because i dont really have the time or patience anymore.

Hope you enjoy the tactic. Follow my instructions or it wont work, and give it time.

Reguards JP. :wub:

DOWNLOAD HERE

Last edited:
thanks again.. i think i will try with birmingham or newcastle

JP, legend.

To me this is more of a O'Neil esque tactic which is something i myself base my style on, so this really is the perfect kind of tactic. Solid, requires quick players and the emphasis to get balls quickly into the box.

One question however, the CB partnership is Cover/Defend, can you tell me more about this? What kind of players should we be looking for here?

JP, legend.

To me this is more of a O'Neil esque tactic which is something i myself base my style on, so this really is the perfect kind of tactic. Solid, requires quick players and the emphasis to get balls quickly into the box.

One question however, the CB partnership is Cover/Defend, can you tell me more about this? What kind of players should we be looking for here?

The right CB is a covering limited CB. You want your strongest best heading CB playing there.

It's a big loss to all the tactitcal inept out there, that you are hanging up your boots mate. For me you have been the difference between enjoying this game and throwing the ******* computer out the window. Thanks. :D

It's a big loss to all the tactitcal inept out there, that you are hanging up your boots mate. For me you have been the difference between enjoying this game and throwing the ******* computer out the window. Thanks. :D

This.

Going to try this now with a lower league team. Any chance you could put up Player attributes?

A lot of people will be disappointed by you stopping releasing your tactics to this place but this will be the only tactic I download this year. I'll do a season with a team suited to counter attacking football, Aston Villa would be a good option with the wealth of pace up top. I'll give updates and I'll see if there is anything I could do to help make the tactic even better. Thanks again JP, your contribution to this forum has been superb

JP

Don't let the little **** wipes win! I understand you don''t have alot of time, but your tactics are the dogs bollocks! **** little immature ****** and keep up with the good work!

Steve

hei woody this tactic is better than brian clough?

JP, I will be using OI and Match Preparation as I have always used both and to good effect. I'll let you know what works best with this tactic

JP, I will be using OI and Match Preparation as I have always used both and to good effect. I'll let you know what works best with this tactic

Everytime ive tried to use OI in the past its never worked. It might work with this, i dont know. If you think it will good luck with it. Let me know what happens.

This is the Direct Counter attacking tactic ive been working on, its been made with underdog teams in mind as its designed to spoil the game and hit teams on the break with long balls and quick counter attacks. In many ways its a little like Jose Mourinho's style, certainly lots of similarities.

Totally agree with you JP, but I think your one is even better than Mourinho. At least you have 5 players when attacking, what is excellent for underdog teams, compared with Mourinho 3 attacking players as R.Madrid.

Keep up the good work

Hello JP First Sorry for my bad english
The point I heard that you are creating great tactics, but i not impressed by your recent tactics then two things 1. If you can convince me why the so download and use this tactic because I have a lot of great tactics and wanted to know why this
2. Can you tell me also what are the differences between this and your older tactics

Last edited:
dani wtf would he try to convice you to dw it???? if u dont wanna use it then dont mate and if you had so many good tactics u wouldnt be on ere mate!!! cor jp dont these ****** get on your nerves

Hello JP First Sorry for my bad english
The point I heard that you are creating great tactics, but i not impressed by your recent tactics then two things 1. If you can convince me why the so download and use this tactic because I have a lot of great tactics and wanted to know why this
2. Can you tell me also what are the differences between this and your older tactics

Its quite simple really, if you want the tactic download it, if you dont then simply dont. I honestly dont really care either way. Not as if i get paid for every download is it. Your not doing me any favours pal.

I did not mean only asked sorry if I attacked just wanted to know what the differences in what is better
Why are you straight attack

Totally agree with you JP, but I think your one is even better than Mourinho. At least you have 5 players when attacking, what is excellent for underdog teams, compared with Mourinho 3 attacking players as R.Madrid.

Keep up the good work

Your not a Mourinho fan i take it? lol

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

I did not mean only asked sorry if I attacked just wanted to know what the differences in what is better
Why are you straight attack

Where exactly did i attack you?

Status
Not open for further replies.