Just a coincidence ?

bolase

05bolase
Reaction score
Can Fabio Capello's England emulate Sir Alf Ramsey's heroes of 1966 ? The parallels between the two world cup years are already mounting:

View attachment 71780

In 1966 England were captained by Bobby Moore, a stylish centre-back who came through the ranks at West Ham. - Rio Ferdinand 2010

1966 was a general election year - General election 2010

North Korea have qualified only twice- in 1966 and 2010

Doctor Who was replaced in 1966- Doctor who replaced in 2010

In 1966 Spain were the European champions. In 2010 the reigning European champions are Spain

England's opponents in their 1966 opening match, Uruguay, featured a father son combination; coach Ondino Viera and his boy - England start their 2010 campaign agaisnt the USA, managed by Bob Bradley and with his son Michael in the squad

In 1966 France, Mexico and Uruguay were drawn in the same world cup group as the hosts (England)- This year France, Mexico, Uruguay with hosts (South Africa)

Can Fabio Capello's England emulate Sir Alf Ramsey's heroes of 1966 ? The parallels between the two world cup years are already mounting:

View attachment 71780

In 1966 England were captained by Bobby Moore, a stylish centre-back who came through the ranks at West Ham. - Rio Ferdinand 2010

In 1966 Spain were the European champions. In 2010 the reigning European champions are Spain

England's opponents in their 1966 opening match, Uruguay, featured a father son combination; coach Ondino Viera and his boy - England start their 2010 campaign agaisnt the USA, managed by Bob Bradley and with his son Michael in the squad

In 1966 France, Mexico and Uruguay were drawn in the same world cup group as the hosts (England)- This year France, Mexico, Uruguay with hosts (South Africa)

Rio Ferdinand- Stylish. XD

Just a coincidence tbh.
I think you could find similar comparisons every world cup.

Now, that is interesting. Thanks for sharing it :)

In terms of play he's pretty stylish. He's pretty comfortable on the ball.

Probably is just a coincedence. XD

View attachment 71780

Where did you g that from? did you hear about that German Scientist who did calculations and preicted Germany to win the world cup. he did this by calculating previous results and patterns. An english Scientist did the same and predicted England to win this year. Someone is a failed scientist

i was gonna do a 1966 story, using the legends database and creating a manager called Sir Alf Ramsey and trying to win the world cup with the 1966 squad - thought thats what you were doing when i read the summary on link :(.. dunno if i'll even do it now cos i have so much work and not sure it would be good.

ANYWAYS... on topic, compolete coincidence, there's a general election every 4 years and was one in 2006 so that doesn't work. As for Spain, i hardly think thats a valid point considering they win most things right now

no ferdinand now, but still, thats quite amazing lol

I think that if you looked hard enough you could find comparisons for every World Cup, still interesting. Though, this is our best chance for a while IMO

If Dawson plays like he has for Spurs this season England will be fine well off course thats if Fabio picks him for the starting 11

Well Gerrard is the captain it looks like.

But as long as Carragher starts we will win the World cup.

A much better defender than Dawson and King as the goals against column in the premier league shows.