Just a Thought: Have you ever donated to other teams?

Gregor

like a (super) mod
Reaction score
Playing my Aberdeen save after my 5th domestic treble in a row I was thinking, how can I improve the team and the leagues reputation. I thought, hmm maybe I can give other teams the odd 2 or £3 million in the league which then lead me to think, what if I was a big team with 100's of millions, could I 'donate' it to a lower league team by buying a player for £50m, £50m that i wouldn't really miss If I was an EPL team or Barca for example.

So my question is, has anyone ever done this, what effect did it have on the other team? Is there anything stopping you from doing so, eg if its clearly a rubbish player that you're buying for £50m do the board cancel it.

Playing my Aberdeen save after my 5th domestic treble in a row I was thinking, how can I improve the team and the leagues reputation. I thought, hmm maybe I can give other teams the odd 2 or £3 million in the league which then lead me to think, what if I was a big team with 100's of millions, could I 'donate' it to a lower league team by buying a player for £50m, £50m that i wouldn't really miss If I was an EPL team or Barca for example.

So my question is, has anyone ever done this, what effect did it have on the other team? Is there anything stopping you from doing so, eg if its clearly a rubbish player that you're buying for £50m do the board cancel it.

That does sound pretty awesome, I'd love to see if it really implements great changes in the club you "donate" to. I have never done that, but I want to now!

Like a Football Manager Liverpool/Chelsea.

I might try it in my Shels save if i start dominating

That's what I was planning to do in FM11 in my Belarus save, when I had £500m in the bank and the other clubs weren't succesful enough in Europe. I never got to do it because I kind of lost interest in FM and then FM12 came. My plan was to buy a player from the youth squad who wasn't going to be a star for £50m or something.

I gave 5 million to Bury FC , as I support them and they ended up getting promoted to the championship :D

i donated £20m to Carlisle United since i support them...im in my Man United game and i had £20m left so why not? =)

I've donated before, but mostly when selling players to just in my league (even if it was for a lower rate) to boost up teams. Haven't ever donated by buying people, but usually in lower leagues so never have the money to waste.

I was Newcastle (my favourite team) in something like the 9th season, and at the time I was focusing on purely bringing players through my academy, so when I got £100m+ transfer budget, I bought one of Gateshead's (my local conference team) reserve players for £100m. Within about 8 seasons they were a Premier League team too.