Kevin A'Court - It all comes to and end

DaSiimM

Reaction score
This is my first story, so please, don't be to harsh on me.
By the way, I apologise for all spelling-mistakes to-come. I'm from Denmark, so...

I know, that to make a great story, you have to be creative and original. So I have been.
Instead of doing a story of this 17 year old huge talent, I want to do a story about a 35 year old midfielder, which carreer is about to end.

Presentation:

The name, is Kevin A'Court. I was born in march the 5th, which would make me 35 years old. "Old", whith a big "O". I live in the rainy, cold and sloppy United Kingdom, more specific, England. Even more specific would be Staffordshire. But I'm not even from here. I was born in the sunny, warm and beautiful Ivory Coast. Côte-d'Ivoire. We moved to England when i was 5 years old. I don't know why. I just know, that it made me end up right here.
My football carreer started back in 1991. I was scouted by some bonehead from Stoke City.
But that was okay, because I enjoyed playing football, even though i never had the bigggest ambitions.

For three years i played for Stokes juniors. I played whith kids, one more naive than the other. Believing that they would grow up and become the new George Best or Morten Olsen. Kids.
I never had that dream. But then again, i was never promised a great carreer, which I never got.

In 1994 at the age of 20 i made my debut for the first team. I grabbed 12 matches and 2 goals that season. I played as an attacking left winger.

Since that, I have ben around Wycombe, Hull, Atalanta, Almeria, Vitória and Denizlispor.
But now I'm whith Stoke City again. But my legs are complaining, and I have been moved to the central midfield, since I can't do the same running anymore. My carreer is about to end, and I haven't even tasted a single trophy yet.
I hope I will some day, I hope I will.
View attachment 50022

View attachment 50023

View attachment 50024

Last edited:
Already read this but well done :). Should be a short but interesting story.

Tanks man :)

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:02 AM ----------

Dear diary. No way, forget it. I'm a 35 year old MAN. Not a little boy, but a man. No way I'm going to write in a diary, Ain't gonna happen. It'll all be a little easier, if I just tell about it all, instead of ruining my pride and manhood with writing in a diary.

So, today Tony Pullis took me aside for a little wile. We had a little chit chat, which basically was about me, being a backup. I know I'm a backup. That's the only reason why I'm here. ****, I get paid for sitting on the bench? Seems fine, mec. Off course I would love to play. I enjoy playing for Stoke, and I love this club. But I don't want to play, if there's someone better than me. I want whats best for the club.
And on the other hand, I'm old, so I wouldn't have the pace to play a whole Premiership season. But it pains me, to see these young primadonnas, not carring about anybody else, than themselves. I would like to give all those kids a lesson, by proving to them that old Kevin can still kick there ***** on the field. And I know I will. My chance will come. I just gotta be ready an grab it, like I have done so many god-****-times before. I'm old, but I have all the experience.
At this moment, I'm just looking forward to the pre-season. Getting the old legs running again. But there's a long way to the starting eleven. And I'm getting old, so I don't have the most of time. But as I already said before: I will grab the chance, as soon as it shows it ugly face in front of me.

Love, Kevin. No...
Biggest greetings, Kevin. Arg, come on!

- Kevin A'Court

Last edited:
Nice update mate. :) Best of luck again. Done an update on Newcastle earlier. ;)

I look forward to it mate. :)

Pre-season

Well, the good news is, I have found someone in this club I actually like, Abdoulaye Faye. He does a great job in the defence. The other good news is, that after some training and some tests, it turns out that I'm not that old-legged as we all thought. Actually, my legs are some off the most fresh ones in this club, Stoke City. Stoke City... I don't know WHY I have to say the whole name everytime. I think it's some kind off obsession...
But anyway, our first pre-season-matches came up this week. First we played our reserves, those loosers. I was on the bench. No surprise there. I'm competing against Arismendi, Whelan, Delap and Soares. For an old man like me, that's some pretty tough competition.

Friendly
Stoke City 2 - 0 Stoke City reserves (Beattie x2)
- No play-time for me. Seriusly, I don't like this Pullis guy.​

Friendly
Brisbane Roar FC 2 - 1 Stoke City (A. Faye)
- Lovely to se Abdoul score. Personally i played from start, and got switched after 76 decent minutes. How did the match go? Hmm, I'd say, that there's place for improvement... Lots of them.​

I just noticed something weird. Sometimes i run out of milk or butter or something. But still, my refrigerator ALWAYS seems to contain ketchup :O Hmm...

Friendly
Northampton 0 - 6 Stoke City (McGready OG, Beattie, Tuncay x2, Delap, A'Court)
- You're right. It is THE A'Court. KEVIN A'Court. Me! We played a fantastic match today. This Pullis-guy tried some new tactic called "Flowing Tactic 4-4-2", or something like that.
But a great game. And Abdoul has managed to make himself captain, capitaine.​

Friendly
Port Vale 0 - 6 Stoke City (Delap, Beattie x2, Kitson, Lawrence, A. Faye)
- We killed thoose minows. Les filles. I played the whole match, and i were a rock in the midfield.​

I think it's remarkable, that since I have joined the starting eleven, we have actually played very well ;)

Friendly
Stoke City 2 - 1 Sheffield United (Beattie x2)
- ****, Beattie keeps scoring. But most importantly, I played a very strong game.​

There's a bit insecurity at the moment. We all know, that Sunderland very much want Liam (Lawrence). Me and Abdoul (we're kind of a gang. Well, at our ages, more like a chess-club) talked to Liam, and he doesn't like all this talking about him. He likes Stoke City, and wants to stay. Liam seems like a swell guy.

Friendly
Cheltenham 1 - 3 Stoke City (Beattie, A'Court, Delap)
A goal from just outside the box. A solid performance from all of us.​

This Pullis-guy told me, that he's surprised at how well I'm doing. ****, I'm surprised myself, mec!

Friendly
Stoke City 5 - 0 GH Academy (Fuller x2, Beattie, Cresswell x2)
- Weird match. Cresswell played for the first time this season, and Fuller too. But overall, a great performance. Especially from me...​

Friendly
Coleraine 0 - 3 Stoke City (Fuller, Beattie x2)
- We dominated the whole shabang. Shabang? What on earth am I saying? Shabang? Ohh god, I'm getting old...​

So, the squad-numbers got published today, and I am number 13, Hm, I guess that describes my life well.

Friendly
Newry 1 - 2 Stoke City (Arismendi, Whelan)
- A pure reserve-lineup today. I wasn't even in the squad.​

So basically, all in all a pretty good pre-season. And I have surprised whole Staffordshire by taking a confirmative start-eleven, The old legs are running high. I wonder for how long...

The league-start looks ridiculous. We start off against Manchester United at home, then we go to Stamford to have a little ballin' with Chelsea. After that we head back home to host Everton, just for going to London afterwards to meet Arsenal. I can't stand it!!!

Last edited:
Good results mate! Best of luck for the new season! :)

Love the humour and a great layout. Probably one of the best out there story wise. :)

August

So, the season is about to start. We had a pretty good pre-season and it was all good. But then, this Pulis-guy bought a player. Laure. I don't know **** (sorry kids) about him. But he's som latin-looking-fella from spain. Deportivo La Caruña, to be exact. I think he's a defender, centre or back or winger or something. I don't know. But I guess I'll find out in our next match...
View attachment 52893

Premier League¨
Stoke City 1 - 2 Manchester United (Delap)
- Well, an acceptable match. I knew there were know chance of winning, and so did the rest of us.

Je déteste la couleur rose... Exactly.

Premier League
Chelsea 3 - 2 Stoke City (Kitson x2)
- Once again a match we knew we wouldn't win. We didn't, but we played very well. Personally, I was one of the best.

Yesterday, I stepped in somebody's gum. Yack!!! I hate when that happens.

League Cup 2nd round
Stoke City 3 - 0 Bury (McDonald OG, Etherington x2)
- It wasn't exactly our stronggest team, but we managed to pull home a safe victory.

Premier League
Arsenal 1 - 1 Stoke City (Kitson)
- A terrific match. We did everything rigt. The only reason that we didn't won, was that Arsenal a simply a better team​

All in all, a good start, considering whom we met.

Last edited: