jordan2812

Reaction score
A save with Celtic fc on fm would be considered the easiest club to manage considering their huge dominance over all of scottish football. however i find myself 5th in the league after about 10-15 games and i keep losing. in every spfl game i play i always have more on target than the opposition but still lose.. for example, i was playing hibernian at easter road, hibs had 8 on target and i had 12. the final score was hibs 4-1 celtic. a huge factor in losing all the time is my defence. every game at least one defender is below a 5.5 in all of my saves I'm conceding so many on target and my defence is performing horribly despite having good stats HELP. i have played fm14 for about 30 hours so far and fm13 for about 15 days and i think i have conceded more on target in fm14 than fm13...

i have been playing a 5-4-1. very defensive yet teams like kilmarnock still tear me apart
3 central defenders, 2 offensive wingbacks, 3 defensive midfeilders, 1 advanced playmaker,
1 poacher. my shouted instructions are:

retain possession
shorter passing
work ball in to box
be more expressive
tighter marking
lower tempo

how can i win ? help !

You play with 1 striker which is a bad idea...first thing you need another striker to keep pressing on their defence...both strikers closing down on their two centre backs...than instead of two wide midefielders play with 3 central midfielders try 5-3-2

You don't necessarily need more strikers, I play with a lone striker and have no problems scoring. But your striker could easily be isolated due to your lack of offensive midfield players. Also, if you're having troubles conceding, try playing more disciplined.

Play 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or 4-3-2-1. If your centre backs don't work, switch them out and try one or three different formations. But don't change too often and try to be consistent.

Plat offensive, high preassure and short passing. Since you have the best team in the league, especially the best offensive team, put more preassure up the field and try making goals. Don't focus too much at defending and try to adapt to your opponents too mcuh since it shouldn't be needed with Celtic.

5-4-1 (Old-fashioned formation )This formation can be also called Parking the bus in front of the goal mouth.Using this formation when playing against a powerhouse team. This formation works well if you have a strong Ball Playing centre back that
can dribble the ball a bit and likes to pick out a pass.
Someone like David Luiz that likes to add that extra dimension
to the midfield without leaving only one centre back to deal
with the counter if one occurs. Also if one fullback goes ,the
other stays and it becomes a 4-5-1 with the Centre Back on that side
moving across to play Full Back. This only works if you have the
players to do so. Very solid defensive base & if you have 2
quick wingers that can get up to support your Striker then it can
also be a very attacking formation.With a pair of athletic wingbacks it can mold itself into a faux 3-4-3 at times.This is obviously a defensive formation- utilized to gain draws or frustrate the other side and eventually force an error. The highlight is that with marking duties shared between the wing mid and the outside back regarding the opponents wing mid, it allows the defensive weak side mid to check off his mark to the back behind him and literally make runs both diagonally and horizontally. A back line of 5 can actually lead to more flexibility....

Last edited: