Kit making league cup - final (pistolped7 vs dec)

FINAL - Who's Kits are better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bradyo

Reaction score
This is the FINAL ROUND of the Kit making League Cup.

We started off with 16 kit makers, and now we are down to the final 2: Pistolped7 & Dec.

Both players had to design a kit based loosely around:

Chelsea's Home kit
Liverpool's Away kit
Arsenal's Third Kit
Manchester United's Retro Kit

The kits are as follows:

1.Pistolped7

Chelsea Home:

Pistolped7 says:

"These are probably the kits I've worked hardest on ever, and I'm quite pleased with them, which makes a nice change of pace. For Chelsea, I took inspiration from the 1983-84 Gulf Air - Le Coq Sportif kit, so I eited the AC Miland pinhoops template to have three hoops in a row, obviously thereby creating the famous adidas 3-stripe. I changed the cuffs so that they reflected this as well, and edited the badge to show it as gold and white."

ChelseaH.png

Liverpool Away:

For Liverpool, I used the same idea with the pinhoops to create a red and green theme, continued on the collar. I also took the badge part using the magic wand and coloued it in the right shade of red, it looked a bit dodgy otherwise.

LiverpoolA.png

Arsenal Third:

The Arsenal one was hard, trying to come up with an idea for this was difficult, so I plumped for a burgundy to mix with the navy, and a bit of yellow to spruce it up, but I didn't particularly like this myself, unfortunately.

ArsenalT.png

Manchester United Retro:

For the 'retro' Man Utd one, I took inspiration from the 1986 and 1990 shirt, and I used the adidas trefoil logo instead of the usual one. I also used the jacquard watermark from the new Liverpool top to gie it a distinctly 80's look. I also liked the way adidas had used the Red Devil on the shorts, so I used that on the shirt and put the three stars above it, showing off United's 3 Champions League wins, in 1968, 1999 and of course 2008.

ManUtdH-1.png

2.Dec

Chelsea Home:

Chelsea's home kit is a native blue and white with red trimmings in which relates back to the days Chelsea were founded and their nickname of "The Pensioners". It includes a watermarked Chelsea logo and the Adidas stripes in a modern way though it maintains a retro look.

2cs9ac6.jpg

Liverpool Away:

Harking back to Liverpool's glory days saw a white away kit in which a Liverbird appeared as the crest, with this I put the famous gates on the back of the collar and also added a streamline three stripes across the logos. A noticable absence of the sponsor allows the retro feel to continue.
52hth1.jpg

Arsenal Third:

I looked back to Arsenal's past away kits for inspiration and found an eye catching one from the late 20th century. Taking it as inspiration I made it two tone blue and added a small sponsor above the logo.

11kgjrc.jpg

Manchester United Retro:

An exact replica of the 1986-88 home kit includes the watermarked stripes, the kit isn't famous though it is a beautiful sleek design in which I have slightly modernised however replicated it to the inch.

2dke4co.jpg

This poll closes 15:01 Sunday 22nd AUGUST 2010 so get voting, and good luck to our finalists!!!

Last edited:
Yes I will reittarate that, good luck Pistol :) (love your Liverpool - I had a smiliar idea).

the only kits i like there are the retro man united ones, not gonig to vote its to close

i voted dec, all due to the man u retro....thats a nice lookin 90s style shirt

Good luck, Dec, liking the logos you've done with just the lion for Chelsea and the Cannon for Arsenal.

But, err, how come you've voted for yourself?

Last edited:
As I cannot be bothered to keep clicking the button to check results and I asked Bradyo and he said it was allowed. I just assumed you would, sorry.

Dec's retro United top decided it. Great kits both, though. Good luck.

As I cannot be bothered to keep clicking the button to check results and I asked Bradyo and he said it was allowed. I just assumed you would, sorry.

Oh, right cool. Should I do this and we'll just take the extra votes off or just leave it? It is a 'pain in the jaxxy' to keep clicking it I suppose.

I dunno,Dec's Manchester United third kit are the *** but Pistolped's ones also attract my interest.

Probably be going for Dec.

Also just noticed the slightly different coloured crest and stripes on the Chelsea kit. Superb :wub:

Pistolped's ones are the best i like all the kits he made

I don't like Arsenal top that dec made i dont like the thing above the cannon

Going for Pistol but both are excellent. :)

Best of luck.

Calum_Arsenal, I love your sig. Imtimidation at it's finest. XD

Pistolped's ones are the best i like all the kits he made

I don't like Arsenal top that dec made i dont like the thing above the cannon

Sponsor mate.

Mike, yes they are like mesh into the kit (waits Bradyo to put my explanations up).

I voted Pistolped7, love his Chelsea, Arsenal and United kits, although notkeen on the Liverpool one.
Dec, great kits as well, although I dont like how most of the logo's are simplified and they all look a bit too retro for my liking.
Great kits all-round though :)

Oh, right cool. Should I do this and we'll just take the extra votes off or just leave it? It is a 'pain in the jaxxy' to keep clicking it I suppose.

I give you permission to vote for yourself :p

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Sponsor mate.

Mike, yes they are like mesh into the kit (waits Bradyo to put my explanations up).

Sorry, I've been out all night, will put them up now...

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 12:12 AM ----------

Poll closes tomorrow guys, keep voting!

Status
Not open for further replies.