Kit Making League Cup - SEMI FINALS 1 - ASTON VILLA (NORTHANMONKEE VS PISTOLPED7)

Who's Kits are better?

• Northanmonkee

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Pistolped7

Votes: 18 58.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bradyo

Reaction score
This is the First poll from the Semi-Finals of the Kit making league cup.

The team is "ASTON VILLA."

The designers in this group are:

1.NORTHANMONKEE

Home:

villah.png

Away:

villaa.png

Third:

villat.png

2.PISTOLPED7

Home:

I tried, as usual, not to make it too over the top and keep it simple, so this is based on the kits Aston Villa wore in the 70's/80's with Umbro. I used a retro collar too. I also added a star above the badge to recognise Villa's 1982 European Cup win over Bayern Munich, as I thought the small star inside the logo did not show what a mammoth task it was and how well Villa overcame it.

AstonVillaH.png

Away:

The away is based on the kit worn in the '82 European Cup final win, and uses a different v-neck collar instead of the 'flappy(?)' one in the home kit.

AstonVillaA.png

Third:

The third is based on the 1969-1974 away kit, using a similar colour scheme and collar to the original.

AstonVillaT.png

This poll closes along with the rest of them on 22:06 Tuesday 17th AUGUST 2010 so get voting!!!

Last edited:
Pistol got my vote on this one. Both designers did a great job though.

Love PistolPed's classic kits, they get my vote. Gpood kits though, NorthernMonkee.

Very hard choice.
Going to go with Pistol but only just due to the blue is slightly off on the home of NM's. Both fab kits guys, well done.

Voted Northanmonkee, for the 3rd kit. But again, both quality kits.

Lol at both kits. But I like the way NM has couloured the third. MMMMMMMMMmmmmmm dunno who to vote. I like NM's third and i like PP's Home.

It really does come down to simplicity doesnt it. They do look like great kits pistol, but does there not come a stage where simple becomes unworked? who knows. nice looking kits fella, could have done with an umbro label in the home and third, as there is such little detail, that would have been a nice touch - but the colours work well.

I don't know mate, I tend to go for a mixture (when you see my pen tool ones you will see some of my more modern yet simple kits), simplicity is often the key as when it is done right can outdo a fancy design.

Cheers, northanmonkee, I like your kits too, especially the away and third, I like the Lyon template you used and the away kit is very nice, I like that shade of light blue, so well done!

Just a few hours left guys, if you haven't voted already, then.. er.. vote.

Ok, the poll is now closed, the winner is PISTOLPED7 with 18 votes to Northanmonkee's 13, Commiserations to Northanmonkee, but congratulations to Pistolped7, who progresses through to the final, where he will face Dec!