howardrocket

Reaction score
I have been playing FM for a few years now. I haven't ever really gotten into too much detail with certain aspects of the game, I usually download tactics from here and use training schedules from here too. I'm happy knowing I'm not so great at this side of the game. But I have never been able to get myself a decent scouting setup!!

Does anyone have any tips or actual 'plans' they set out when they get their own scouting setup in action? I know about getting the best scouts in, what attributes to look for and things like that. But what do you guys do once you have got the amazing scouts at your club?

Where do you send them to scout? How long for? What specifics do you get them to scout?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am in the back end of my fifth season with Norwich and it is time I started to get a decent scout setup so I can finally get my youth team sorted out. I am having no luck with youth recruitment so need to find the cheap gems that will keep my team running for years to come!

Thanks in advance guys.

I normally send them to scout nations, ordered by however highly I rate them in my head. I.e If I'm playing in central Europe, my first 2 scouts will normally be sent to Brazil and Argentina respectively, as there are a lot of quality regens. If I'm in UK for example, where work permits are an issue, my first few scouts will be scouting UK, France then maybe some guy in Spain or Germany, with later scouts scouting South America. Then I just check it every month or so, ordered by recommendation, normally an age limit of 24/25, and boom.