The Arsenal Thread

The goal is just fantastic, you'll see a team goal of that quality just once every few years. Eeesh.

Got to say though, the atmoshpere was ***** at the Emirates today until we went 3-1 up :(

Great performance from Arsenal today, I can count 3 great goals (Wilshere, Ramsey and ?zil) - absolutely brilliant to watch!

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk.

i take it all the Sack Wengers after the first game are contented now back at the top? :)

We've been at top for 4 rounds for now and it was mostly spend some ******* money Wengers after the first game rather than Sack Wengers.

Walcott out for two weeks following a further injury after his stomach surgery. I definitely believe there is a problem at the medical facilities which comes from overworking players, perhaps when the 'old guard' physios move on we shall see this for the shambles it was.

Bit of an issue against Chelsea since Mourinho seems to like to press, but perhaps Gnabry and Wilshere can do what they did before and make us not miss the speed merchant too much.

Walcott out for two weeks following a further injury after his stomach surgery. I definitely believe there is a problem at the medical facilities which comes from overworking players, perhaps when the 'old guard' physios move on we shall see this for the shambles it was.

Bit of an issue against Chelsea since Mourinho seems to like to press, but perhaps Gnabry and Wilshere can do what they did before and make us not miss the speed merchant too much.

It was expected at time of surgery that he'd be out for 3-5 weeks and now it has been 3 weeks. Not overly concerned, but I want us to beat Chelsea just to deny Mourinho his "cycle of winning" which he'd love to start off with Capital One Cup.

I think we should rest some of players against Palace so we have fresh team to put against Chelsea.

I'm not especially expecting a win, but with the current form of the sides I'd expect a good account of everyone. Flamini will be key in that game to deny space to the tricky midfielders they've got, although on the upside, they may play Luiz, who appears to have that Vermaelen-like ability to make it obvious he wished he played as an attacking midfielder and is just -begging- to throw in a stepover and ping a shot from 30 yards.

Oh, and in other news, Diaby has suffered another injury and is now out until March..

disappointment.gif

Yeah well... Good thing he's refusing salary as long as he's not playing.

Am i the only one who is not surprised anymore when hes injured and frankly doesn't even care? Our midfield is plenty good now and even when it wasn't he played 2 games a season

Am i the only one who is not surprised anymore when hes injured and frankly doesn't even care? Our midfield is plenty good now and even when it wasn't he played 2 games a season

Well, the gif was intended to be more exasperation than expecting great things of him. He always seems like a nice guy in interviews, both Laurent Blanc has said he was one of the first names on the team sheet when fit alongside Wenger saying he's fantastic.. I don't see it as a "we need this guy back!", just more wondering what his career would have been without such a.. ridiculous injury history.

Not surprised either, but feel sad for the guy and it's a **** shame considering his ability.

Arsenal Starting XI:

Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Rosicky, Ozil, Giroud

Arsenal Subs:
Fabianski, Vermaelen, Cazorla, Monreal, Bendtner, Gnabry, Jenkinson
Borussia Dortmund Starting XI:
Weidenfeller, Gro?kreutz, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer, Bender, Sahin, Blaszczykowski, Mkhitaryan, Reus, Lewandowski

Arsenal Starting XI:

Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Rosicky, Ozil, Giroud

Arsenal Subs:
Fabianski, Vermaelen, Cazorla, Monreal, Bendtner, Gnabry, Jenkinson
Borussia Dortmund Starting XI:
Weidenfeller, Gro?kreutz, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer, Bender, Sahin, Blaszczykowski, Mkhitaryan, Reus, Lewandowski
Both sides are brilliant/on brilliant form, so it should be a **** of an encounter. On paper, though, Dortmund's lineup is simply mouthwatering (especially their attack)!

giroud has been so lively today, i must say i always criticize the guy and he just keeps proving me wrong over and over again, keep on doing it man!

Lewandowski should been send off. Elbow to Kos's face. Only yellow.