Pulis criticises 'moaning' Wenger

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Stoke's Tony Pulis dismisses Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger's concerns over fixture congestion and weakened teams as self-interested.

More...

FINALLY someone has the balls to tell this french asswipe that he moans at everything " the fixtures are crammed it affects us" 90 minutes 3 times a week is nothing compared to pretty much every sports player and every working class citizen, " Mick McCarthy cost us the title race" to be honest you were never in it, you cant beat man city mate and we suck this year

I dont wanna argue Joe but you guys cant seem to beat lesser teams either and you dont seem to be anywhere near the title race:S

Ill admit Wenger does complain abit but he does have a point about the Mick McCarthy thing.

90 minutes three times a week is ridiculous and the governing bodies need to sort it out. The chance of a player picking up an injury increases by 30% if they play another match within a few days.

Your comment about other sports and working class citizen are pretty ridiculous. Name another sport that's as physically intense as football that play matches more frequently? Yeah people go to work everyday and there are reasons why we have laws and regulations to stop people working too much. Footballers don't just show up on match day and spend the rest of the week lazing around.

Hasn't seen Fulham's schedule then has he, and we do not complain, its called shuffling the pack, or in Mick McCarthy's case, getting a new a pack

He's gonna moan whatever anybody does or says, so get on with managing Pulis!

Although he has got a point...

difference is gooner city want top 6, and lee, 90 minutes isnt that long, i have friends who work 12 hour days, seriously, and rugby, american football, hockey, running, hurdles, are way more intense, so a stupid comment in all lee, dont infract me for that :)

American Football, has a break every 30 seconds which lasts up to 5 minutes?

Joe : Mark Hughes: Fourth place is Manchester City's aim

difference is gooner city want top 6, and lee, 90 minutes isnt that long, i have friends who work 12 hour days, seriously, and rugby, american football, hockey, running, hurdles, are way more intense, so a stupid comment in all lee, dont infract me for that :)

Sorry but you're talking rubbish. The Milan lab have done enough studies on the subject to prove that fixture congestion = bad.

American Football, has a break every 30 seconds which lasts up to 5 minutes?

They've also got massive squads with different 'teams'.

Tony Pulis having a go at a fellow manager for moaning,brilliant.His double standards are worse than Wengers.

Do we really need football on a Boxing Day? i know its traditional and all that but i always have plenty of other stuff to do on a Boxing day and football takes a back seat,let the players enjoy a couple of days off like we have and ease the fixture congestion at this time of year which is too congested.

City should really be looking for at least top 4.,

fans calling for hughes head doesnt help, hes been very clever buying people such as lescott, elephant washer, toure, santa, given, bridge, bellamy who have epl experience, the likes of mourinho bought loads of foreigners, drogba and essien were class, but the likes of mutu, kezman and paulo ferriera and tiago flopped, he is losing confidence in the fans faith, im one who wants him at least till the end of the season, i dont want him sacked because weve only lost 2 games in all competitions this year

mutu, kezman only flopped coz they tryed to make them left wingers sorry JP

sorry JP, i think that pulis moans alot but wenger is the king of it, all managers moan though sometimes,

Last edited by a moderator:
American Football teams have a squad of something like 55+ players and take about 20 seconds after each play which is at most 15 seconds. I think. Football is a tough sport so I can see why Arsene is complaining about the fixt. I just think he should shut up and deal with it. All teams have problems so if you knuckle down and deal with them, then you shouldn't have many issues

They Should have a 2 week break like other leagues