Laptop Problem

pistolped7

Reaction score
I've got a problem with my laptop...whenever I turn it on, and I get to my desktop, a prompt comes up saying that Windows Command Processor needs permission to continue, but when I reject it, it immediately pops back up. Also, when I open any program at all, it immediately stops working and Windows tells me this. It's basically rendered the laptop useless. It's Windows Vista if that helps and I'm still waiting for the Wekroot before there's any anti-virus stuff on it. If anyone could help, that'd be great.

when did the problem start? anything particular happen with the laptop for it to start happening?

It started a couple of weeks ago...first the laptop stopped recognising my iPod in the USB port, then it started posting error messages for Windows Update, and now it's this.

System restore to as far back as you can without losing any information which you think you may need.

try having a full system scan. or if that also closes itself, then do a system restore.

but none works, im sorry to say u might wanna reboot ur laptop back to it factory defaults and start all over again

First thing I would do is turn off UAC.

1. Control Panel
2. User Accounts and Family Safety
3. User Accounts
4. Click turn User Account Control On or Off
5. Untick Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer
6. Ok
7. Restart

Or...

Start MSCONFIG from the Run menu. Click on the Tools tab. Scroll down to "Disable UAC" . Click it.

Last edited: